GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ New Jersey, 7:00PM, Thursday, December 8, 2011

+15
LeCaptain
Ev
PTFlea
KidKarlsson
sens4win
Hobiesens
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Hoags
SensHulk
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
spader
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I see big things for DR7 in the next couple of games, if Gonchar is out. Sending him out for that shootout should give him some confidence IMO. Coach puts you in an important role, you're gonna feel good.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Karlsson was awful again tonight but he's been playing an insane amount of hockey.

We'll see what Spezza does going forward but he's looked awful for most of the season. Like I've said 1000 times Michalek is carrying his Donkey.

It's not really fair to say Michalek carries him IMO. Spezza hasn't been great at all this season, yet Michalek's had excellent success when on his line. He's not doing it all himself, he's seeing some open ice because teams are keying more on Spezza.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:They should probably never play Auld ever again. He's just awful.

If we had Price in net and Auld was in Montreal, we win in regulation and they get blown out.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

K-Daug played over 20.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"WHYYYYYYYYYYYY?"

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ New Jersey, 7:00PM, Thursday, December 8, 2011 - Page 6 73h5d1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That was priceless -- how did you get that shot, or were you watching a stream and that's screen grab?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Karlsson was awful again tonight but he's been playing an insane amount of hockey.

We'll see what Spezza does going forward but he's looked awful for most of the season. Like I've said 1000 times Michalek is carrying his Donkey.

It's not really fair to say Michalek carries him IMO. Spezza hasn't been great at all this season, yet Michalek's had excellent success when on his line. He's not doing it all himself, he's seeing some open ice because teams are keying more on Spezza.

Michalek is scoring in his sleep. Spezza would have like 10 points without Michalek.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What a rollercoaster of emotion. I looked like that kid, above, on several occasions. My heart can't take too many games like this. These blown points are gonna cost us down the road.

Thought Cowen played well...and it's nice to see Foligno rolling. Might've wanted him in the shootout instead of Rundblad, but hindsight is 20/20. Rundblad almost scored.

This is a game where if we have Matrix in net, we probably win in that shootout.

Oh well, we'll take the point from that ridiculous game and move on.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Still can't believe they gave up a 3 goal lead last night but it's still all part of the learning process. 2 months ago they were starting games out behind by 5 goals, now they are blowing leads. Say what you want but that's improvement.

With that said I still can't believe the garbage games Spezza is having. How A Train beats you in a race for the puck is beyond me. Spezza has actually lost a step if that's possible. This is a 9-10 year NHL vet making mistake after mistake with the puck. If he goes on the PP when it's 3-0 and takes a somewhat conservative approach to it the Sens win that game. But nono, stat padding time for Spezza as per normal. Has to make the big play when the Devils are done, doesn't matter what the team wants or needs from him. Same old crap. I beg to God Phillips gets the "C" when Alfi is done because if Spezza got it, it would be a mistake until the day he packed his crap.

I've sad it before and I'll said it again since his first rookie tournament. The next true captain of the Ottawa Senators is Eric Karlsson.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:Rundblad took a lot of SO attempts in Sweden. Trying something different I guess.
Must have... that was a very feeble attempt.

Man. What a frustrating game... chased Brodeur and then collapsed. Softies, weak effort... lucky to get a point.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Rundblad took a lot of SO attempts in Sweden. Trying something different I guess.
Must have... that was a very feeble attempt.

Man. What a frustrating game... chased Brodeur and then collapsed. Softies, weak effort... lucky to get a point.

That almost squeeked through. I thought that was as good a shot you could make without scoring. That said, he sucked the rest of the game and at this point just refuses to battle in front of his net. That has to change.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:On Spezza again. Absolutely no compete level in that guy. None.

To be fair, Spezza caught up to the puck carrier. It was Alfie that thought Spezza needed a hand and left the scorer all by himself. Sure Spezza screwed up there but he got back. Was he supposed to cover both Devil's players?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"Playing for 60 minutes", whatever the Diddle that means, continues to be the challenge for this team. They blinked in the third, and then were down 4-3. Really, some brainfart plays that lead to the NJ goals though, especially the SH goals. When you're up by two goals in the 3rd and on a PP, your first priority should be to NOT give up any SH chances.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

To be fair, Spezza caught up to the puck carrier. It was Alfie that thought Spezza needed a hand and left the scorer all by himself. Sure Spezza screwed up there but he got back. Was he supposed to cover both Devil's players?

Yeah..The Alfie on the point on the PP when protecting a lead in the 3rd is not a good idea.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

It should have never happened. It's like throwing your friend in front of a bullet then going "I did everything I could to stop the bleeding". It shouldn't happen. The guy is going on 29 years old, he's almost 30 and he plays like he just entered the league.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Yeah..The Alfie on the point on the PP when protecting a lead in the 3rd is not a good idea.

Cowen is a guy they should be putting out there more often. If he can establish himself as a guy with a cannon from the point it will open up a lot more space while providing a calming influence if and when the puck does get turned over. That said, last night it was Alfi on the point because Gonchar left the game... Alfi does a pretty good job back there in a general sense.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Literally, all they had to do last night was not lose the game. Just manage the puck when you have it, don't make any bad mistakes that could turn the game around, and just generally play a conservative game. This is a road game with 5 people watching, they didn't have to impress anyone.

2 short handed goals being up 3-0 then 3-1 is about as unacceptable as you can get. The number 1 center had everything to do with that first goal and carried some responsibility on the 2nd.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

One shortie in a game is deflating... two in a game is killer. They just didn't play the full 60+ mins and Jersey took advantage of the momentum shift to take the game. Dung happens, time to move on. Next game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum