GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

EA Sports NHL 2012

+11
sens4win
SensGirl11
Hoags
The Silfer Server
tim1_2
stempniaksen
Da lil Guy
Riprock
wprager
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

166EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:18 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I think you might need a gold membership FYI, don't know if you have one or if that is even still the case.

I read there's still a few error with the update. Leclaire still on Sens, just as a lot of other UFAs are on their last teams, not in the FA list.

RAGE! I tried last night, what the Diddle is this gold membership rubbish!

167EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:24 am

Da lil Guy

Rookie
Rookie

Does PS3 require membership for updates?

I don't intend to purchase a gold membership for this game, if I get it at all. If PS3 offers updates without any special membership, that makes my decision easy.

168EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

No, PS3 you don't need to spend any additional money to play. But, for the money XBOX charges, they make up for it in gameplay quality. PS3 has had its issues, and if they charged money to use their services, they could put hat money into better things.

169EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:44 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Did my first fantasy draft last night to start my Be a GM mode. Wound up with Zibanejad, Couturier, Nugent-Hopkins, Larsson, Cowen, Huberdeau, Butler, Colborne, Gromley, Filatov, etc....hilarious. All those guys were taken in the later rounds.

Also, it was funny to see that the two highest rated players NOT taken in the draft were Alfie and Gonchar. I couldn't bear to see this, so I signed Alfie as a FA, and now he can play out his career on my 3rd and 4th lines, with PP duty.

Sorry to burst your happy little bubble, but when I did a fantasy draft, I drafted a few of my faves, but then signed the majority of them as free agents after the draft. And there is this loophole/mistake whereby if you sign them as a free agent, they don't have to be sent back to juniors, they'll play in the AHL. Thus you can use them as call ups. Also their salary becomes league minimum.

Check out the goalies, you could probably get jake allen, the pickard brothers, and matt hackett.

170EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:49 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Copied and pasted from the General Hockey Talk:

Unsigned players go to free agency after 2-3 years after being drafted, not exactly sure which it is. I know if you didn't sign Silfverberg, he went to FA.

Players will develop in the CHL and AHL. Players that are eligible for CHL automatically get sent back anytime you try to send them down (to AHL). You will get a notification saying this person must be sent to juniors and will be unable to be called back up for the rest of the season.

Signed non-CHL players have to play on AHL or NHL roster, since there isn't an option to sign them and let them play in Sweden for example.

So if you sign MZ93 you have to play him. If you don't have a spot for him in the AHL, you will have to make one or he will nto play and not get better.

Best way to develop players is to check their potential and focus on the section (Offense, Defence, Athleticism) that is the lowest rating. Then find their lowest rating in that category and set the player training to develop it.

Also I focus on the player type. So if I have a small PLY center and his lowest potential categories are Defence and Athleticism, I focus on Athleticism, since I don't care too much if he won't check.

Don't forget your GM upgrades too. I put most of my points on Asst. Coach so that my players develop quicker.

As far as drafting goes, take players with HIGH league interest. Avoid ones with NONE. The more league interest, the higher potential they usually have. So they may have low ratings, but high potential.

As SD mentioned, be wary of your contract situation. You can only have 50 players under contract. So only sign players (prospects) that you want, and ones that you could potentially lose. So you are safe to leave a player unsigned for 2 seasons. I also like to leave 1-2 contracts free for waiver pick ups (because the computer will waive players because of contract and not potential/overall). So you will see Cory Schneider on waivers sometimes.

To clear up roster spaces, you can trade useless guys taking up valuable roster spaces (like Lessard) away from young guys like Zibanejad. Trade them for 4th-7th round picks. Just keep trying in the off-season to unload them.

171EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:18 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Thanks for all the tips. Think I need to restart my Be a GM Mode. Although I did trade Bobby Butler, Brian Lee, and two 2nds for Bobby Ryan. Ryan's stats go through the roof in this game.

172EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:19 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Thanks for all the tips. Think I need to restart my Be a GM Mode. Although I did trade Bobby Butler, Brian Lee, and two 2nds for Bobby Ryan. Ryan's stats go through the roof in this game.

I think we might see that very same deal come to pass in reality.

173EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Patrick Kane and Matt Duchene are two of the best players in the game IMO - also Tavares and Giroux.

174EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Turris + 1st for Crosby works too apparently.

I've restarted my BaGM many times, mainly because of the roster updates.

Aside from boosting some of the Sens players potentials, and boosting Yakupov, Ekblad and MacKinnon to all A's and putting them on my team, I try to keep things real Laughing3

Ekblad's still in the CHL and is alreayd an 83.

175EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:Turris + 1st for Crosby works too apparently.

I've restarted my BaGM many times, mainly because of the roster updates.

Aside from boosting some of the Sens players potentials, and boosting Yakupov, Ekblad and MacKinnon to all A's and putting them on my team, I try to keep things real Laughing3

Ekblad's still in the CHL and is alreayd an 83.

How do you boost player ratings?

176EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Creation Zone -> Edit player.

Just change their potentials to whatever. Some players legitimately just are underrated, like Stone and Silfverberg. Same with Petersson. It's disappointing when they just don't develop.

Some players also just have poor ratings - like Greening is way too slow.

177EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:Creation Zone -> Edit player.

Just change their potentials to whatever. Some players legitimately just are underrated, like Stone and Silfverberg. Same with Petersson. It's disappointing when they just don't develop.

I'm sure I tried and had no luck, must have been mistaken.

178EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:00 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, a lot of the ratings are really bogus. This is one thing that EA should pay way more attention to (since it's very easy to change), but they neglect.

179EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah, a lot of the ratings are really bogus. This is one thing that EA should pay way more attention to (since it's very easy to change), but they neglect.

Don't they offer updates online? I don't go online admittedly, but I think they do.

180EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:43 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The roster updates haven't changed ratings at all this year. I shouldn't say at all, because I think the first one or two they changed the rookies from the 70s to low 80s.

But they haven't edited ratings for anyone who has had a good year (or bad).

181EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Thu May 03, 2012 1:02 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The Alfie with the biggest hit I have ever seen in NHL history on the Leaf's Dion Phaneuf, putting him out of commission for 6-7 weeks! I named it HFS as in Holy F*cking Sh*t.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/120935460

182EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Thu May 03, 2012 1:25 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Awesome!

183EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Fri May 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Voting underway for the NHL 13 cover - Karlsson v. Lundqvist! Vote EK now.

The Flyers fans were out in force as they put both Giroux and Hartnell through... which is funny since I thought that only one player from a team could advance since they went head to head in rnd 1...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum