GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

EA Sports NHL 2012

+11
sens4win
SensGirl11
Hoags
The Silfer Server
tim1_2
stempniaksen
Da lil Guy
Riprock
wprager
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

151EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You would go to the online section of the game and select download rosters

152EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:17 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hmmm, I think I did...

153EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:12 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is it worth updating and getting Z-Bad - and if so...how do I do it?

154EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Zibanejad is sick for Binghamton in my Be a GM. Get him!

First AHL goal!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/92981597

155EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol he doesn't get a picture yet Gary Thorne can pronounce his name perfectly?

156EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:55 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Is it worth updating and getting Z-Bad - and if so...how do I do it?

Of course it's worth updating!!!! To download the updated rosters, you need to go through the menus in-game. Under the Xbox Live menu, I believe there is an option to "Download Rosters", then you pick the newest one (I think there's only one available), and then when it asks to overwrite your existing rosters, pick Yes. This will not overwrite or change any rosters in your Be a GM mode, so don't worry about that. I'm not sure if, with the updated rosters, guys like Svatos are still on the Sens?

I played a bunch of my Be a Pro, and the HUT mode last night. Good times.

157EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:12 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Is it worth updating and getting Z-Bad - and if so...how do I do it?

Of course it's worth updating!!!! To download the updated rosters, you need to go through the menus in-game. Under the Xbox Live menu, I believe there is an option to "Download Rosters", then you pick the newest one (I think there's only one available), and then when it asks to overwrite your existing rosters, pick Yes. This will not overwrite or change any rosters in your Be a GM mode, so don't worry about that. I'm not sure if, with the updated rosters, guys like Svatos are still on the Sens?

I played a bunch of my Be a Pro, and the HUT mode last night. Good times.

Must have Z-Bad, gonna do it tonight.

158EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think you might need a gold membership FYI, don't know if you have one or if that is even still the case.

I read there's still a few error with the update. Leclaire still on Sens, just as a lot of other UFAs are on their last teams, not in the FA list.

159EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:19 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:I think you might need a gold membership FYI, don't know if you have one or if that is even still the case.

I read there's still a few error with the update. Leclaire still on Sens, just as a lot of other UFAs are on their last teams, not in the FA list.

Yeah, I don't know why they do that. I haven't checked myself for any errors, but having FAs on their old teams just seems odd. I'm sure there must be a reason other than laziness/errors.

160EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:29 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

They have also gotten the handedness wrong for some players, though I looked into some of the players they got wrong once, and depending on the site you went to, some said (even the AHL site for example, LH when the player is really RH).

I'm not defending them, cause they need to have better support for these games.

I'm also dealing with not being able to use my name Steve online for my EASHL pro, since Steve is a profane name Facepalm

161EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:28 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I love the fact that we can hit goalies in this one, it's about time. They always had some sort of force field around them before which was quite irritating when you were pissed and wanted to give them a nudge.

Do they ever fight back though? I haven't played often enough yet to know..just curious

162EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:30 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:I'm also dealing with not being able to use my name Steve online for my EASHL pro, since Steve is a profane name Facepalm

WTF!! Laughing3

163EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:21 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yup, pretty stupid. Can't get to the bottom of it either.

I agree the goalies being fair game is cool. I have found that if you hit another team's goalie (after the whistler cause there's no penalty) that it will automatically initiate a fight for you, which means if an opposing player chooses to, you will have to fight. I like that - forced accountability.

I ended up fighting a computer (by accident) because I was pressing Y repeatedly (hehe) after the whistle and a computer AI player bumped our goalie. So the other team had a "man advantage" of sorts because my team was down one human controlled player.

But a human goalie can also fight and not have to sit for 5+ mins, but another human (if there is one) will have to sit in his place. So it sucks for that person.

164EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:36 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I was Halak and I beat up Patrick Sharp. I knew there were goalie fights, but I didn't know a goalie could fight a skater. Kind of want Sugar Ray Emery on my team now.

165EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:45 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Did my first fantasy draft last night to start my Be a GM mode. Wound up with Zibanejad, Couturier, Nugent-Hopkins, Larsson, Cowen, Huberdeau, Butler, Colborne, Gromley, Filatov, etc....hilarious. All those guys were taken in the later rounds.

Also, it was funny to see that the two highest rated players NOT taken in the draft were Alfie and Gonchar. I couldn't bear to see this, so I signed Alfie as a FA, and now he can play out his career on my 3rd and 4th lines, with PP duty.

166EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I think you might need a gold membership FYI, don't know if you have one or if that is even still the case.

RAGE! I tried last night, what the Diddle is this gold membership rubbish!

167EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:24 am

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Does PS3 require membership for updates?

I don't intend to purchase a gold membership for this game, if I get it at all. If PS3 offers updates without any special membership, that makes my decision easy.

168EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 11 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

No, PS3 you don't need to spend any additional money to play. But, for the money XBOX charges, they make up for it in gameplay quality. PS3 has had its issues, and if they charged money to use their services, they could put hat money into better things.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum