GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tim Murray on Prime Time Sports

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tim Murray on Prime Time Sports Empty Tim Murray on Prime Time Sports Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:47 pm

McCown and Kelly just interviewed (mocked) Tim Murray on PTS. While those two are knobs Murray did imply some interesting things.

On Hartsburg - he essentially said that for all his talk about accountability when he was hired, he never practiced what he preached.

On Clausson - he said he has shown in Bingo that he practices accountability.

I got the impression that the Murray's were not convinced that the coach they got was the same guy they interviewed in the summer.

2Tim Murray on Prime Time Sports Empty Re: Tim Murray on Prime Time Sports Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:14 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Of course he is not. It was before he encountered the tremendous egos of Dany Heatley and Jason Spezza, two of the most prolific coach killers in the league. That's enough to rip the heart out of any self respecting coach. Give me Bob Hartley

3Tim Murray on Prime Time Sports Empty Re: Tim Murray on Prime Time Sports Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow. Why would he not bench the big guns when they were tooling around like losers.

What was his issue? He got himself fired. There were times when Heatley and/or Spezza would have been sitting for sure.

Give your head a shake Hartsburg, it's Spezza and Heatley and the secondary scoring and the D that killed you, but you have to keep the room in order.

4Tim Murray on Prime Time Sports Empty Re: Tim Murray on Prime Time Sports Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:39 pm

504Heater wrote:Wow. Why would he not bench the big guns when they were tooling around like losers.

What was his issue? He got himself fired. There were times when Heatley and/or Spezza would have been sitting for sure.

Give your head a shake Hartsburg, it's Spezza and Heatley and the secondary scoring and the D that killed you, but you have to keep the room in order.
I hate to say this but Daniel Alfredsson needs to share some of the blame. He is the longest serving member of the team and the captain as well as the best player. He needed to nip this in the bud as soon as the problems arose. I still love Alfie but he is at least partly at fault.

5Tim Murray on Prime Time Sports Empty Re: Tim Murray on Prime Time Sports Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:48 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

At some point, Hartsburg must have known the end was near. At that point, what was there to lose by benching either or both? The fact that he didn't do it then suggests that he never intended to, or couldn't. I'm not giving Murray a pass on this one, but I will admit that Hartsburg was bark without bite. I hope that Cloussen isn't more of the same.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum