GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

EA Sports NHL 2015

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1EA Sports NHL 2015 Empty EA Sports NHL 2015 Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:02 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stolen shamelessly from the Wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_15):
------------------
New features:

Most features are exclusive to the next generation versions (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One) and are not present in the previous generation versions (PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360).

NHL Collision Physics is EA's revamped player physics and allows for secondary collisions, player pileups, and net scrambles. In the next generation, this applies to all 12 players on the ice, meaning that all players are affected by physics. This allows for pileups involving all 12 players. In the previous generation, not all 12 players are affected by physics, and pileups do not involve all of them.

Revamped puck physics leads to authentic and unpredictable puck bounces, rolls and goals in the next generation versions. Everything on the ice controls puck physics.[2] According to NHL 15 producer Sean Ramjagsingh, EA hired a software engineer who worked on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) to help make the puck physics as realistic as possible.

New modeling system for players and equipment allows for dynamic cloth technology in the next generation, with the players' clothes moving and affecting physics.

Authentic NHL arenas: For the next generation versions, EA is re-creating all 30 NHL arenas in extensive detail, making each arena unique and enabling larger crowds at NHL games.

NBC Sports Game Day Presentation: As part of a new partnership with NBC Sports, the next generation versions will feature a broadcast package that closely resembles The NHL on NBC broadcasts.

New commentary: Play-by-play announcer Gary Thorne and color commentator Bill Clement have been replaced by NBC Sports commentators Mike "Doc" Emrick and Ed "Eddie" Olczyk, respectively. Additionally, in the next generation versions, TSN analyst Ray Ferraro will give game insights at ice level.

Ferraro's proximity to EA's development studios in Vancouver allows EA to call him midseason to update the game with new insights as the 2014–15 season progresses. According to Ramjagsingh, Emrick and Olczyk were recorded in front of a green screen and have been directly put into the virtual studio in the game, which eliminates lip syncing.

Living crowds: On the next generation, the crowd is more alive with individuals holding up player signs, wearing costumes, and reacting authentically to plays. Over 9,000 new crowd models produces various different types of fans.

In the next generation, Vision AI makes non-human-controlled players more aware of what is happening on the ice, including potential plays.

Group celebration returns to the NHL series for the first time since NHL 11, allowing goalscorers to celebrate with teammates in the next generation versions. New individual player celebrations have also been added.
---------------------------

As always, it sounds promising. I'm looking forward to seeing how good it looks on my Xbox One, which is currently just gathering dust (by my own admission, I bought it waaaay too early). It's cool that they are putting in the authentic arenas, and switching commentators should freshen it up. It's also pretty funny that they're putting Ferraro between the glass to provide comments.

2EA Sports NHL 2015 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2015 Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:According to NHL 15 producer Sean Ramjagsingh, EA hired a software engineer who worked on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) to help make the puck physics as realistic as possible.

That's an interesting bit to put on your resume, but I doubt it opens a lot of doors. The LHC has had its share of issues (although not sure if any of them were based on programming errors -- not like NASA), and it's not like there's great demand for LHC programmers (like they said about this bease, it is its own prototype, when you build it you only build one, and you only build it once).

3EA Sports NHL 2015 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2015 Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:25 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Have they introduced NHL on NBC's Pierre McGuire Inside the Glass yet?

4EA Sports NHL 2015 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2015 Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:27 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll be buying it no matter what. So much fun in BAG mode.

5EA Sports NHL 2015 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2015 Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I'll be buying it no matter what.  So much fun in BAG mode.

Do you already have the next gen platform? I'm getting a little pressure from one of the kids about getting an Xbox One.

6EA Sports NHL 2015 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2015 Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Do you already have the next gen platform?  I'm getting a little pressure from one of the kids about getting an Xbox One.

Nah, I'm not the gamer I used to be. These days I prefer to plug and play NHL instead of the long role playing games and I can't really justify spending whatever it is to upgrade to an XBOX 1.

7EA Sports NHL 2015 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2015 Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

Do you already have the next gen platform?  I'm getting a little pressure from one of the kids about getting an Xbox One.

Nah, I'm not the gamer I used to be.  These days I prefer to plug and play NHL instead of the long role playing games and I can't really justify spending whatever it is to upgrade to an XBOX 1.

Then why would you want NHL 15? I assume you have NHL 14 already. As Tim said, most of the changes are only available on the new platform (of course BAG probably doesn't benefit from the new "collision physics" or whatever. Unless some of those BOG meetings get a little out of hand.

8EA Sports NHL 2015 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2015 Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:56 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To be honest, there is very little reason to own a XBox One right now. I should've waited until this fall to get it, when NHL 15 comes out.

9EA Sports NHL 2015 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2015 Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:To be honest, there is very little reason to own a XBox One right now.  I should've waited until this fall to get it, when NHL 15 comes out.  

I'm note tempted at all. Now, if the PS3 conked out I'd get a PS4 for the blu ray. Although it's very rare that a watch a blu ray anymore. Netflix at the highest PQ setting is pretty close.

10EA Sports NHL 2015 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2015 Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:51 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Allegedly the XBone has/will have better general media features than the PS4, so you might want to consider changing your mind if your PS3 ever dies. That said, I am just going by my random internet readings, and have no actual opinion of my own.

11EA Sports NHL 2015 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2015 Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:09 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Liking the game so far... although I have never really played online mode and I have no idea what I am doing opening up packs of cards and playing with guys like Nick Paul as my #1 center.

12EA Sports NHL 2015 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2015 Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:42 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Liking the game so far... although I have never really played online mode and I have no idea what I am doing opening up packs of cards and playing with guys like Nick Paul as my #1 center.

I think the mode with the cards is called "Hockey Ultimate Team" or HUT for short. It's EA's way of making tons of money off the game post-sale, as a lot of people end up paying real money for virtual card packs which contain players that they use to make their HUT team better.

I generally stick to the offline Be a GM mode.

13EA Sports NHL 2015 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2015 Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:53 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I used to love the season mode... but that's gone which I find stupid but w/e.

Anyone who would drop extra $$$ on this game is a more or under the age of 14.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum