GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

UNMODERATED - DISCUSS AT YOUR OWN RISK!:Uptown Sports has this little ditty to say:

+13
strachattack
TheAvatar
spader
Tuk Tuk
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
wprager
SensHulk
shabbs
The Silfer Server
Ev
Riprock
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

UNMODERATED - DISCUSS AT YOUR OWN RISK!:Uptown Sports has this little ditty to say: K6clZ

They represent, among others, Mike Fisher and Chris Neil.

http://www.uptownsports.ca/players.nhl.php

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Tue May 10, 2011 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well I would probably think Mike Fisher is also opposed to it, based on faith.

There's quite the argument going on over at the EAsports forums about homosexuality. Some of the anti-homosexual people are quite ignorant. Can't help but picture Hitler and other radical fascists and white-trash people sitting behind a keyboard preaching the values or right and wrong and morality all the while sleeping with their sister, and beating their children Razz

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ooh Gilmorgan. Wasn't expecting that.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

^ lol, funny commercial.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Wonder if any of their clients will leave based on that?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bass Destruction wrote:Wonder if any of their clients will leave based on that?
Will be interesting... you know Fisher agrees with him. I'm sure he'll get questioned. If he's smart... he'll reply "No comment."

Uptownsports is getting killed on Twitter. This is sure to spark some heated discussion.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't get why he's taking so much flack. He shouldn't have tweeted it but it's just his opinion.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Because it is a stupid thing to say. It is also something that should not be in question.

To be frank, people who oppose same sex marriage are our generations equivalent to those who forbid interracial relations.

There are so many parallels that can be drawn between the those two.

He also said it representing a company. Huge mistake.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I think the real losers out of all this are the folks at uptown hockey. They thoroughly embarrassed themselves with that tweet. Why do you even have to tweet that???? why is it that people can't keep opinions to themselves?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:I don't get why he's taking so much flack. He shouldn't have tweeted it but it's just his opinion.

not exactly an individual saying it when your username is uptownhockey. He's pretty much representing the corporation.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:I don't get why he's taking so much flack. He shouldn't have tweeted it but it's just his opinion.

It's so stupid to say that when you represent NHL players. It's dumb to say period - especially on Twitter, but this is a high level of dumb IMO. Mike Fisher has to comment on this and he's a devout Christian, so he doesn't believe in same sex marriages either, but he's never said anything negative about homosexuals.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's a very polarizing subject, so it's bound to attract a lot of criticism. It's his right to say it and have his own opinion, but he'll have to deal with the fallout.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/05/09/nhl-agent-avery-misguided-on-happy-marriage/

Would you stand by that comment?
“Yes I would.”

[Reynolds asks what Avery said, and continues after hearing a brief explanation]
“It’s sad. I mean, my personal position is that I do not support happy marriage, and I think it’s wrong, as well. It’s not politically correct to, I guess, give your opinion about a thing like that. It’s politically correct on the other side, for people to say, ‘sure, I support happy marriage.’ But the majority, I think, of Canadians would say that they don’t agree with happy marriage – that man and woman were created to be married, not man and man or man and horse, you know?”

Are you afraid of any fallout this might trigger?
“Um, you know, I’m not a person who gets afraid. I’m not afraid. I don’t know why Todd did that – if, in fact, he did do it. Kyle Dubas, who was with us up until just recently, he went to the be the general manager of the Soo Greyhounds, he controlled our Twitter account up until about a week or two ago. So I’m assuming that it was Todd that posted that. Oddly enough, I don’t get Twitter on my BlackBerry, so I wasn’t aware of it.”

Would this be something you think many of your clients would agree with?
“I don’t know. And really, that is not the basis on which we run our business. We’re not asking questions like that of our clients. And frankly, if Sean Avery were a client of mine, I would support him in his beliefs. I would tell him he’s wrong, but that’s fine. Others will tell him he’s wrong, too. And others will tell him he’s right. It’s a free country, and everybody’s entitled to their opinion.

Do you think something like this could either gain or lose you some clients?
“I hope not. I don’t think that your opinion about happy marriage or sexual orientation or whatever should ever come into the hockey business. I’ve been in the hockey business for 28 years, and this is the first I’ve heard of it.”

So he equates same sex marriage to marrying a horse? Facepalm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

A lot of people arguing against same sex marriage fall into a slippery slope fallacy, just as he did there.

I also like that the filter edits it to "Happy marriage".

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Todd Reynolds was the one that made the post. He really should have setup his own personal account and done it there. Now he's brought the whole company and their clients into this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum