GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens

+4
Hoags
SensGirl11
asq2
PTFlea
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Empty Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=ApIquR7AeJM9EAGG_UC3JF4JfwM6?slug=rm-senatorspreview092109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Haven't read it yet, thought I'd put this up for people to see though.

2Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Empty Re: Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:45 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

The more pessimistic angle for sure, but I don't see many glaring holes in the piece.

3Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Empty Re: Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Preview-Introducing-the-2009-10-Ottawa-Senators?urn=nhl,190908

Here's Puck Daddy's. I found this very well written.

4Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Empty Re: Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:51 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

All I have to say is; eat it Yahoo Sports! Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens 68747

5Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Empty Re: Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:59 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Puck Daddy's analysis is a bit bizarre.

He's optimistic about our forwards, coaching and defense but doesn't believe Leclaire will stay healthy ?

All predictions about the Sens will have 1 thing in common: Pessimism.

With our track record the last 2 years, journalists still think we will not recover without a full rebuild.

6Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Empty Re: Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:01 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Preview-Introducing-the-2009-10-Ottawa-Senators?urn=nhl,190908

he's pretty harsh on the goaltending, Leclaire aside, Elliott alone is worth more than a C.

Last edited by SensFan71 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Empty Re: Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Preview-Introducing-the-2009-10-Ottawa-Senators?urn=nhl,190908

he's pretty harsh on the goaltending, Leclaire aside, Elliott alone is work more than a C.

But he admits to being tantalized by Leclaire's numbers in Columbus. He has it as a C+ because out main goalie has some pretty serious question marks. I liked his analysis the most out of everyone's I've read so far to be honest.

I haven't read the Yahoo Sports one yet though.

8Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Empty Re: Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:13 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

THat was good I think. He knows quite a bit about the team (as opposed to some journalists I won't mention).

The last sentence is actually the only thing I disagree with.

9Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Empty Re: Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:56 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=ApIquR7AeJM9EAGG_UC3JF4JfwM6?slug=rm-senatorspreview092109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"Murray has made some decisions that have backfired during his tenure – handling of goalies, Hartsburg, Heatley, Kovalev signing – and at some point he’s going to have to be held accountable."

I can't believe that has backfired this quickly!
Does this guy have a time machine or what?

10Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Empty Re: Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CCgotITcovered wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=ApIquR7AeJM9EAGG_UC3JF4JfwM6?slug=rm-senatorspreview092109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"Murray has made some decisions that have backfired during his tenure – handling of goalies, Hartsburg, Heatley, Kovalev signing – and at some point he’s going to have to be held accountable."

I can't believe that has backfired this quickly!
Does this guy have a time machine or what?

Facepalm I didn't read that part, but what was wrong with the handling of Heatley? And Kovalev's a bust already? Ahhhhh!

11Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Empty Re: Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:17 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Puck Daddy's analysis is a bit bizarre.

He's optimistic about our forwards, coaching and defense but doesn't believe Leclaire will stay healthy ?

All predictions about the Sens will have 1 thing in common: Pessimism.

With our track record the last 2 years, journalists still think we will not recover without a full rebuild.

Motivation for our players, hopefully.

12Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Empty Re: Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:43 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

If the Senators' coaching staff has any intelligence at all, they will create a collage of all these articles highlighting all the pessimism and post it in the locker room as a reminder to persevere in the face of scrutiny and doubt.

13Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Empty Re: Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:If the Senators' coaching staff has any intelligence at all, they will create a collage of all these articles highlighting all the pessimism and post it in the locker room as a reminder to persevere in the face of scrutiny and doubt.

Yeah, I don't doubt that Clouston will do something like that. He hates to lose, which is music to my ears because I loathe losing (or even being scored on).

14Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Empty Re: Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:41 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

It would be nice to read something good about the Sens every once in a while, no? Whatever, it'll be nice to surprise everyone this season!

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

15Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Empty Re: Yahoo Sports looks at the Sens Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:51 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:If the Senators' coaching staff has any intelligence at all, they will create a collage of all these articles highlighting all the pessimism and post it in the locker room as a reminder to persevere in the face of scrutiny and doubt.

Yeah, I don't doubt that Clouston will do something like that. He hates to lose, which is music to my ears because I loathe losing (or even being scored on).

Agreed. One moment that made me dislike Emery was during a game where the Sens were up by several goals, and the other team scored, and Emery shrugged his shoulders. Alternatively, I like Tim Thomas (much as I loathe it when he plays the Sens) because he hates getting scored on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum