GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

EA Sports NHL 2012

+11
sens4win
SensGirl11
Hoags
The Silfer Server
tim1_2
stempniaksen
Da lil Guy
Riprock
wprager
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

16EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:04 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

The trade logic the ysay the have fixed this coming year, but just to show you how bad it is in '11, I traded Couture and McGinn to Pittsburgh for Crosby and Godard, then tried to trade Crosby for Oshie but St. Louis refused. I ended up having to trade Crosby + a late pick for Stamkos, then Stamkos straight up for Oshie in order for it to work. I didn't want Crosby or Stamkos because they are too expensive.

17EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:09 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:The trade logic the ysay the have fixed this coming year, but just to show you how bad it is in '11, I traded Couture and McGinn to Pittsburgh for Crosby and Godard, then tried to trade Crosby for Oshie but St. Louis refused. I ended up having to trade Crosby + a late pick for Stamkos, then Stamkos straight up for Oshie in order for it to work. I didn't want Crosby or Stamkos because they are too expensive.

Yeah, there's always gonna be issues with values etc. I think. I run into the same issues from time to time.

18EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:14 pm

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

I bought NHL11, but unless they come out with a bigger announcement I probably won't buy 12. I don't play nearly as much as I used to so it would make sense to not "upgrade".

Hopefully they keep moving in the right direction with the trade values because last year was flawed as heck, but much better.

19EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:57 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

They said in their development blogs they have improved trade AI. They said if you offered Crosby for Horcoff, no matter what Edmonton was looking for, they would accept the deal, just as an example. A lot of times teams rejected trades because they wanted to "improve defence".

20EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:35 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ahhh the NHL series…this is the video game series that I have BY FAR wasted more of my time on than any other. And I’ve loved almost every second of it. I’ve owned and thoroughly enjoyed every iteration…from NHL ’92 (I think it was just called NHL Hockey) up to and including NHL 11.

The trade logic has to be very difficult to program, especially with salary cap considerations factored in. For the most part, I find it pretty effective and accurate, but you definitely do run into oddball situations.

As for the prospects, I was as disappointed as anybody when I was able to draft Landeskog in the 4th round, only to see he has a 64 rating (or something like that). At the time of release, the programmers wouldn’t be able to accurately rate prospects a year ahead of their draft, but this is something I’d like to see addressed with patches.

The gameplay itself has advanced so much that it’s come to a point where they really can’t make big changes. The change that’s being touted this year is the ability to run the goalies. This is kinda like how they introduced broken sticks last year. Smallish additions that make everything seem more real. Also, the new hitting engine looks pretty sweet (three player collisions, etc).

I find even if you’re not a big fan of the gameplay out-of-the-box, there are so many adjustment sliders you can fiddle with, you’re bound to find some combination that makes it enjoyable for yourself.

On the topic of franchise players, you certainly don’t see them often. I’ve probably gone through around 15 seasons of the Be a GM mode, and I’ve seen two franchise players. I was able to snag one, and he immediately became my #2 centre, and soon was my #1. I think he ended up with around a 91 rating, after starting with something in the mid-80s.

I am a GM mode fiend myself, and can’t wait to give this year’s edition a whirl. Really, they could change nothing and just provide updated rosters and player ratings, and I’d happily hand over my $60.

21EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I also look forward to slamming my money on the counter and getting my grubby hands on it. Damn...out of my way little nerd kids, I'm getting my copy.

22EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:48 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep. I took the day off work last year when it was released. I was the only nerd at the EB Games when it opened.

23EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:04 am

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Well, I'm looking forward to hearing if this iteration is any good before I buy it.

Also have to decide whether it's better on PS3 or Xbox.

24EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:51 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

The demo date has been set for August 23rd:

http://www.operationsports.com/features/1315/nhl-12-demo-announcement-blog/

The blog also states that the demo will feature 3 features: Play a game, the new revamped Be a Pro, and Ultimate team (with the possibility of earning 2 free packs, plus gaining a 3rd for referring the demo to someone else).

25EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:56 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Excellent. I was wondering when the demo would be released.

26EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I NEED this game. I don't want it, I NEED it. Come on. Ahhhhh!

27EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:33 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I was looking for this thread to say that the first 3 Legends in the game have been revealed (officially via EA):

Wayne Gretzky, Ray Bourque and Chris Chelios.

I think Futureshop potentially leaked another being Gordie Howe.

28EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:34 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:I was looking for this thread to say that the first 3 Legends in the game have been revealed (officially via EA):

Wayne Gretzky, Ray Bourque and Chris Chelios.

I think Futureshop potentially leaked another being Gordie Howe.

I didn't realize the game would have legends. How are they incorporated? Is there a special game mode where you can use them?

29EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:57 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Apparently you can use them in any mode... HUT and BaGM.

30EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:17 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Their stats also become comparable as achievements to becoming a legend in Be a Pro mode.

31EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:23 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any idea on how they'd be integrated in GM mode?

32EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think you can just move them around ala free agents and etc. So they probably won't start off in BaGM but you probably (hopefully) just have to send them to FA's list.

Cause I hate when they include the fake players in the FA list and you don't notice until you are progressed through your BaGM and playing against a 96 Overall 16yr old goalie.

33EA Sports NHL 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: EA Sports NHL 2012 Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:58 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

All 9 Legends announced: Gretzky, Roy, Lemieux, Yzerman, Gordie Howe, Salming, Bourque, Chelios and Roenick.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum