GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NETFLIX streaming

+9
Hoags
spader
Flo The Action
tim1_2
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61NETFLIX streaming  - Page 5 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:09 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Spent a couple days sending emails and screen shots to unblock-US to diagnose why my apple tv kept giving me problems with the US DNS settings only to find out that I just needed to log out of ask devices from my lap top and log back into Netflix.

UnblockUS is expensive. I pay $3/month in 6 month chunks. It should really be free (or unnecessary).

62NETFLIX streaming  - Page 5 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:44 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I haven't tried this yet. Ignore the 2013 date in the URL this page is updated regularly.

http://removeandreplace.com/2013/10/27/dns-codes-netflix-usa/

63NETFLIX streaming  - Page 5 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:13 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I've tried similar lists in the past. They ended up being mostly the DNS server IPs for paid service. So, sure, you could configure your DNS but the first time you used it it would ask you to activate your device (typically via some kind of authentication, like contract number, userid, etc.)

64NETFLIX streaming  - Page 5 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:19 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Too much of a hassle for me. There's 19 Netflix regions so I gladly pay $5 a month to be able to switch between them in 1 second.

65NETFLIX streaming  - Page 5 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:38 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I've tried similar lists in the past.  They ended up being mostly the DNS server IPs for paid service.  So, sure, you could configure your DNS but the first time you used it it would ask you to activate your device (typically via some kind of authentication, like contract number, userid, etc.)

Good to know. I never ran into this.

I'm happy to pay for the service but I'm not sure if it's something that runs off my router or if I can configure individual devices like my media box or Playstation. I don't want everything in my house, particularly my PC, being altered.

66NETFLIX streaming  - Page 5 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:47 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I pay nothing, i installed Hola on firefox and it changes my IP to a US one. no charge, welcome to netflix USA

67NETFLIX streaming  - Page 5 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'm happy to pay for the service but I'm not sure if it's something that runs off my router or if I can configure individual devices like my media box or Playstation. I don't want everything in my house, particularly my PC, being altered.

It's entirely up to you (except for ChromeCast). I've configured my smart TV to use the ProxyDNS server (for US contents) and I left my Playstation alone (to get the defaults from the router, which means Canadian Netflix). On my tablet I switch one way or the other. The only issue is if I want to play back on my upstairs TV using the ChromeCast dongle, if I'm using the ProxyDNS servers to login to Netflix on my tablet I can search and find the US contents, but won't play (someone explained to me that it's becasue the ChromeCast is hard-coded to use Goggle's DNS servers which resolve to Canadian ones).

Flo The Action wrote:I pay nothing, i installed Hola on firefox and it changes my IP to a US one. no charge, welcome to netflix USA

That works if you run Netflix on your PC via a browser (HolaInternet is browser plugin). I can't set it up on my smart tv or Playstation, and although I can set it up on my tablet, I can't use browser-based Netflix (you must use the app).

So it sucks. I could do it on my laptop and output to the TV but the resolution on my laptop is pathetic (compared to HD).

68NETFLIX streaming  - Page 5 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

It's entirely up to you (except for ChromeCast).  I've configured my smart TV to use the ProxyDNS server (for US contents) and I left my Playstation alone (to get the defaults from the router, which means Canadian Netflix).  On my tablet I switch one way or the other.  The only issue is if I want to play back on my upstairs TV using the ChromeCast dongle, if I'm using the ProxyDNS servers to login to Netflix on my tablet I can search and find the US contents, but won't play (someone explained to me that it's becasue the ChromeCast is hard-coded to use Goggle's DNS servers which resolve to Canadian ones).

Flo The Action wrote:I pay nothing, i installed Hola on firefox and it changes my IP to a US one. no charge, welcome to netflix USA

That works if you run Netflix on your PC via a browser (HolaInternet is browser plugin).  I can't set it up on my smart tv or Playstation, and although I can set it up on my tablet, I can't use browser-based Netflix (you must use the app).

So it sucks.  I could do it on my laptop and output to the TV but the resolution on my laptop is pathetic (compared to HD).

So I guess "ProxyDNS" supplies you with DNS addresses for a fee? And you input them into your settings on each device manually?

I typically like to use a "smart" BluRay player as a media box as well as my Western Digital whatchamacallit...

69NETFLIX streaming  - Page 5 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, you get two IP addresses (primary and secondary) and then there's some authorization involved (the IP addresses are freely available on their website but your devices need to be authorized to use it).

Y could configure them on your wireless router so that everyone uses them, or do what I did.

70NETFLIX streaming  - Page 5 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:01 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Yes, you get two IP addresses (primary and secondary) and then there's some authorization involved (the IP addresses are freely available on their website but your devices need to be authorized to use it).

Y could configure them on your wireless router so that everyone uses them, or do what I did.

Cool. Gives me an idea of what I'm getting into.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum