GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NETFLIX streaming

+9
Hoags
spader
Flo The Action
tim1_2
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Wed May 14, 2014 10:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Primus isn't even listed lol

47NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri May 16, 2014 8:05 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Rogers "We upgraded our capacity for Netflix traffic right after this survey." LOL!

To be honest, I've never had streaming issues with Netflix via Rogers. But, they certainly got owned by Bell in that survey.

48NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri May 16, 2014 8:22 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Rogers "We upgraded our capacity for Netflix traffic right after this survey." LOL!

To be honest, I've never had streaming issues with Netflix via Rogers. But, they certainly got owned by Bell in that survey.

Yeah...Rogers also made some excuses, blaming Netflix for some of the problem: http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/rogers-explains-why-it-came-last-in-netflix-rankings-1.2644363

Rogers has always been the worst for throttling.

49NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri May 16, 2014 8:31 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They seem to be quite sneaky with the way they do their Netflix traffic. Not sure if it's throttling, but it's certainly limiting. They look to have only a small portion of their total capacity that's connected to Netflix's Open Connect. So, the Netflix traffic is separated from the rest. The other ISPs do this as well, but I suspect they have more capacity than Rogers, hence why the survey was so bad.

This is why they can say they don't throttle. But, it certainly is limited. It's a technicality they can hide behind.

50NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri May 16, 2014 8:35 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:They seem to be quite sneaky with the way they do their Netflix traffic. Not sure if it's throttling, but it's certainly limiting. They look to have only a small portion of their total capacity that's connected to Netflix's Open Connect. So, the Netflix traffic is separated from the rest. The other ISPs do this as well, but I suspect they have more capacity than Rogers, hence why the survey was so bad.

This is why they can say they don't throttle. But, it certainly is limited. It's a technicality they can hide behind.

Typical Rogers shenanigans. Nice to see them get outed like this though. Netflix is awesome.

51NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri May 16, 2014 3:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of Netflix, I finally found another DNS service to get US Netflix. It's not free like the other one was (RIP tunlr.net) but it's only $3/month if you ay for 6 months at a time (12 months is$35 so you save a buck) -- ProxyDNS.co (not .com).

52NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Mon May 19, 2014 8:56 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is so funny.

NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Bn_-5eYCIAE73_a

Courage is a b1tch.

53NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Mon May 19, 2014 6:40 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:This is so funny.

NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Bn_-5eYCIAE73_a

Courage is a b1tch.

I'm guessing you found that? It's gotta be photoshopped.

No one would ever call him a "strong" lead.

54NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Mon May 19, 2014 6:42 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Rogers "We upgraded our capacity for Netflix traffic right after this survey." LOL!

So, they're basically saying that they're throttling the hell out of Netflix, but are willing to dial back a bit.

f Rogers.

55NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:07 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Has anyone tried turboflix? It's supposed to give your netflix access to all their global content, so it groups it all as opposed to seeing only canadian content and changing IPs to see american content.

www.turboflix.com

56NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Has anyone tried turboflix? It's supposed to give your netflix access to all their global content, so it groups it all as opposed to seeing only canadian content and changing IPs to see american content.

www.turboflix.com

I shall give it a try in the coming weeks.

57NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:05 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:Has anyone tried turboflix? It's supposed to give your netflix access to all their global content, so it groups it all as opposed to seeing only canadian content and changing IPs to see american content.

www.turboflix.com

I shall give it a try in the coming weeks.

Thanks old friend

58NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:51 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just getting TV and internet settled is really making my head spin. I had turrible Internet courtesy of Bell, less than 1 Mbps. I finally got Cogeco yesterday only to find out that they rolled out TiVo the day I was getting hooked up.

Last I heard TiVo was essentially a PVR before these were widely available. Now they look like an alternative to Fibe because it's a wireless set top box with a Netflix "app" (?) built in. I'm very interested but I think I might just "settle" for the setup I just got and hopefully they try to get me to switch with some incentive.

59NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TiVo is a PVR, yes, but it's the Cadillac of PVRs.  A lot of innovation in the UI.   But it also involve a paid subscription, I believe.

I hang around on the TiVo Community forum's Now Playing board for some of the best TV show talk (Now Playing is the TiVo term for the recorded content). They have lots of other board discussing the hardware and software, too.

Tivocommunity.com

60NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:33 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Spent a couple days sending emails and screen shots to unblock-US to diagnose why my apple tv kept giving me problems with the US DNS settings only to find out that I just needed to log out of ask devices from my lap top and log back into Netflix.

- Unknown Author

61NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Spent a couple days sending emails and screen shots to unblock-US to diagnose why my apple tv kept giving me problems with the US DNS settings only to find out that I just needed to log out of ask devices from my lap top and log back into Netflix.

UnblockUS is expensive. I pay $3/month in 6 month chunks. It should really be free (or unnecessary).

62NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:44 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I haven't tried this yet. Ignore the 2013 date in the URL this page is updated regularly.

http://removeandreplace.com/2013/10/27/dns-codes-netflix-usa/

63NETFLIX streaming  - Page 4 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've tried similar lists in the past. They ended up being mostly the DNS server IPs for paid service. So, sure, you could configure your DNS but the first time you used it it would ask you to activate your device (typically via some kind of authentication, like contract number, userid, etc.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum