GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NETFLIX streaming

+9
Hoags
spader
Flo The Action
tim1_2
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:45 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I think that the Green Lantern movie makes it to Netflix fairly quick. Even in Canada.

It might skip Netflix and just go to YouTube. The trailers made it look terrible, and, sure enough, it's terrible:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/green_lantern/
damn! i was a big GL fan as a kid.... I was really looking forward to this.

17NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:23 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, I was really looking forward to the Spiderman movies...so other people should have their dreams crushed too.... It seems like only the new Batman movies (and a couple of the XMen movies) are doing justice to their comic book fans. Oh, and the Iron Man movies are pretty good too, if only because they are funny.

18NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Well, I was really looking forward to the Spiderman movies...so other people should have their dreams crushed too.... It seems like only the new Batman movies (and a couple of the XMen movies) are doing justice to their comic book fans. Oh, and the Iron Man movies are pretty good too, if only because they are funny.

Any of those movies will cost you 7.25 in the States. Closer to 10 bucks here. Kind of like how we get Cussed over by Subway.

19NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Well, I was really looking forward to the Spiderman movies...so other people should have their dreams crushed too.... It seems like only the new Batman movies (and a couple of the XMen movies) are doing justice to their comic book fans. Oh, and the Iron Man movies are pretty good too, if only because they are funny.

Any of those movies will cost you 7.25 in the States. Closer to 10 bucks here. Kind of like how we get Cussed over by Subway.

Actually: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/movies/liam-lacey/a-modest-defence-of-price-gouging-at-movie-theatres/article1937104/

The year 2010 brought us the highest movie ticket prices so far, up 5 per cent from the previous year. The average ticket last year cost about $7.89 U.S., including age discounts and regional variations. In Canada, which is part of the U.S. domestic movie market, adult general admission prices are between $10 and $13.

That was 2010 and average ticket prices in the US was $7.98. More 3F this year likely means even higher *average* ticket price. Of course it's gone up in Canada as well. Local AMC in Kanata charges $10.50 for the Movie Watcher members, and $12.75 for non-members. Add $3 for 3D, and $5 for IMAX 3D.

And don't get me started on the price of popcorn.

20NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:32 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Actually: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/movies/liam-lacey/a-modest-defence-of-price-gouging-at-movie-theatres/article1937104/

The year 2010 brought us the highest movie ticket prices so far, up 5 per cent from the previous year. The average ticket last year cost about $7.89 U.S., including age discounts and regional variations. In Canada, which is part of the U.S. domestic movie market, adult general admission prices are between $10 and $13.

That was 2010 and average ticket prices in the US was $7.98. More 3F this year likely means even higher *average* ticket price. Of course it's gone up in Canada as well. Local AMC in Kanata charges $10.50 for the Movie Watcher members, and $12.75 for non-members. Add $3 for 3D, and $5 for IMAX 3D.

And don't get me started on the price of popcorn.

I just checked and it's 13.50 in the US (Syracuse) for 3-D. Interestingly enough, if you sign up for a Netflix free trial, you get 2 free movie tickets. Laugh1

21NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:34 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Ahhh, but here in Canada I can still download movies, for free, to my heart's content. In the States, you tend to get nasty letters threatening legal action.

So all the money I've saved in movie rental fees more than makes up for more expensive subs (although the only sub that matters, The Pizza Sub, is still $5).

22NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:38 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Ahhh, but here in Canada I can still download movies, for free, to my heart's content. In the States, you tend to get nasty letters threatening legal action.

So all the money I've saved in movie rental fees more than makes up for more expensive subs (although the only sub that matters, The Pizza Sub, is still $5).

Poutine is scarce there too.

23NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:58 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Although they do sell beer at Walmart. There are pros and cons I suppose.

24NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:18 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I can't stand Subway. Their vegetables taste weird and are always in a well-preserved state of near-rot. They could charge $1 a sub for all I care. I still won't eat there.

25NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Although they do sell beer at Walmart. There are pros and cons I suppose.

If Canada had 3% beer they might sell it at WalMart, too.

26NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Old joke from Monty Python's live performance a the Hollywood Bowl:

Why is American beer like making love in a canoe?

Because it's $&%*ing close to water!

27NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm glad every one understood what I meant by 3F. I read it over and couldn't figure out what I meant until I read a reply.

28NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:49 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I'm glad every one understood what I meant by 3F. I read it over and couldn't figure out what I meant until I read a reply.

Ha. I immediately looked at my keyboard when I read that to confirm that the "F" and "D" keys are next-door neighbours. Nod

29NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:22 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Latest reasons to dig Netflix:

The A-Team and The Larry Sanders Show.

Hey Noooooowwww!!!!

30NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

A nice feed showing what's new on Netflix Canada

http://app.whatsnewonnetflix.com/

31NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:28 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I quit Netflix because they doubled the bill here in the US. I have AOD, which is better IMHO.

32NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:23 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I quit Netflix because they doubled the bill here in the US. I have AOD, which is better IMHO.

What's AOD?

33NETFLIX streaming  - Page 2 Empty Re: NETFLIX streaming Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Amazon on-demand?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum