GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CCF GAME SIX: Binghamton Senators at Houston Aeros, June 7th, 8:05

+19
22_4_ever
stempniaksen
TheAvatar
spader
dennycrane
NEELY
LethalLehner
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
Hockeyhero22000
sandysensfan
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
Ev
tim1_2
PTFlea
SensHulk
shabbs
wprager
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Now I can go back to not caring about the AHL! Woo hoo!

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeeeeeeeah! Freakin' fantastic game last night...very entertaining.

Some recent goalies to win AHL MVP: Carey Price, Michael Neuvirth. Yes, Lehner's in some pretty good company.

Really nice to see those guys come back from 3-1 down in the 1st round to win the whole thing. Unreal!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

CCF GAME SIX: Binghamton Senators at Houston Aeros, June 7th, 8:05 - Page 8 Champs_bng11

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Yeeeeeeeah! Freakin' fantastic game last night...very entertaining.

Some recent goalies to win AHL MVP: Carey Price, Michael Neuvirth. Yes, Lehner's in some pretty good company.

Really nice to see those guys come back from 3-1 down in the 1st round to win the whole thing. Unreal!

And Lehner did it as a teen. Only 3 others have done that - including Patrick Roy and Carey Price. Not too shabby a list to be on! Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CCF GAME SIX: Binghamton Senators at Houston Aeros, June 7th, 8:05 - Page 8 VngiGl

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That sign's awesome: Who needs Batman when we have Robin

CCF GAME SIX: Binghamton Senators at Houston Aeros, June 7th, 8:05 - Page 8 Lehner

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

that sign was also in bingo and you're right, its awesome. Good to see bingo fans finally warm up to him...all he had to do was win the championship + playoff mvp award, no biggie.

All in all, a great season of development me thinks for Lehner Cheers

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

some nice quotes from Robin Boy Wonder:

"A lot of relief and a lot of happiness," Lehner said. "This is the best team I've ever been with. I've never done anything bigger. I had a lot of critics that I had to show up. I had a lot of doubters, a lot of nay-sayers. They can never take this away from me and this team. This team is the most amazing team I've ever played with. This is huge."

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:that sign was also in bingo and you're right, its awesome. Good to see bingo fans finally warm up to him...all he had to do was win the championship + playoff mvp award, no biggie.

Honestly, it's so cool...I'm still just daydreaming about it right now.

Lehner was a beast, the kind of performance we all knew or hoped he had in him was shown to us right in front of our eyes. Great, timely saves, he kept his emotions in check, he was mentally strong. What a ridiculous performance from what now must be close to our top prospect - if not the top prospect, damn close.

Cowen also got a ton of massive minutes and made a big difference from the moment he set skate on ice to the last game where his absence was noticed for sure. His stock has risen by playing at the 2nd highest level and sliding in seamlessly.

Wiercioch has a long way to go this summer in terms of bulking up - that's the only thing holding him back. I look forward to him putting on 10-15 pounds of muscle this summer and having a great year for Bingo next year.

Daugavins is my personal favourite success story other than the MVP and Cowen. What a performance! 20 points in 23 games, kills penalties, intimidates with smooth moves, gritty - much more so than I think anyone thought.

Keller/Potulny/Locke - kind of the older guard really got it done. They were slowed down by the Aeros checking, but up until then Potulny especially was MVP IMO. Hopefully we can entice Keller back and hopefully Potulny as well.

Greening and Condra - both seemed to run out of steam towards the end - and that's 100% okay, especially Greening who played 110 games this year. And yet they still contributed positively. Love it!

Bobby B - this is the guy. 13 goals in 23 games? Yes please and thank you. Scoring huge goals, including 3 in the Finals alone. Knows where to be, gets a very accurate shot off a lot of the time (missed a couple of massive goals that would have allowed him to break Benn's record, but still...). Another guy who played 40 games last year and 100+ this year - really rocking performance!

Eric Gryba was really sturdy too. This is a kid who had a slow start, got a lot better, then got knocked out with a high ankle sprain- only to come back and be a great checking D-man who has a decent shot. 1 more year in the AHL (maybe 2) and he'll play NHL hockey as a 5/6 guy.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not even to mention Zack attack was a force the entire playoffs. Really hard player to play against it looked like - a real pain in the arse. Scored some great goals, checked hard, backchecked - anything to win.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I want "Daug" The Rooster in the room next year. He can take Ruutu's spot.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I want "Daug" The Rooster in the room next year. He can take Ruutu's spot.

Yeah man, I'm not even kidding, I think he's THE darkhorse to make the Sens next year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=97707

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=102290

Compare these two players' stats!

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

What's with the "Cy Young" numbers for Butler? lol

Butler can probably snipe like Benn, but he's gonna have to learn how to dish if he wants to be as successful at the next level (although there's obviously a ton of time for him to learn).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:What's with the "Cy Young" numbers for Butler? lol

Butler can probably snipe like Benn, but he's gonna have to learn how to dish if he wants to be as successful at the next level (although there's obviously a ton of time for him to learn).

Agreed. I noticed that as well earlier in the year. I think you can attribute it to being told to grab this opportunity and run with it. The guy is probably programmed not to Diddle up a Spezza pass by re-passing, snipe it! Then he goes to the AHL and he's expected to be THE sniper down there, so he doesn't even bother passing.

I can't recall Bobby B passing ONCE in the playoffs. Laugh1

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Michallica wrote:that sign was also in bingo and you're right, its awesome. Good to see bingo fans finally warm up to him...all he had to do was win the championship + playoff mvp award, no biggie.

A buddy has been calling him "Boy Wonder" for about 3 months now.. and I've finally clued into why. I figured it was just cause he thought he was so good, and didn't make the leap to that Robin.

Could be the start of a nick name...The Boy Wonder, think of the mask possibilities...

Dash, get on that will you...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

22_4_ever wrote:
A buddy has been calling him "Boy Wonder" for about 3 months now.. and I've finally clued into why. I figured it was just cause he thought he was so good, and didn't make the leap to that Robin.

Could be the start of a nick name...The Boy Wonder, think of the mask possibilities...

Dash, get on that will you...

Ha, that's pretty neat.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

I wonder what fans now think of the Vermette trade for Leclaire + that 2nd round pick...turned into Lehner.

I would also like to see Daugavins with the O-Sens next year.
Daugavins-Z Smith-Condra -- not too bad a line if I say so myself.

Do you think Keller has a shot?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum