GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CCF GAME THREE: Houston Aeros @ Binghamton Senators, Jun 1st, 7:35

+6
sandysensfan
tim1_2
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CCF GAME THREE: Houston Aeros @ Binghamton Senators, Jun 1st, 7:35 Houston_aeros_2002

VS

CCF GAME THREE: Houston Aeros @ Binghamton Senators, Jun 1st, 7:35 Binghamton_senators_2006-07

Houston Probable Lines:

O'Sullivan - Wellman - Ortmeyer
Gilles - Peters - Earl
Palmer - Rau - Disaltore
McMillan - Almond - Daoust

Noreau - Spurgeon
Scandella - Falk
Penner - Bragnall

B-Sens Probable Lines:

Z.Smith - Potulny - Keller
Greening - Locke - Butler
Daugavins - O'Brien - Condra
Hoffman - Bass - Wick

Cowen - Benoit
Wiercioch - Kinrade
Borowiecki - Gryba
D.Smith - Schira

Lehner
Brust

SD's Red Line Report:
Z.Smith - Potulny - Keller
"We don't need to be told that we're not performing. We don't need our coach to tell us, we know." Those were words from Ryan Keller yesterday, acknowledging that the B-Sens "top line" needs to be better. The Aeros have a big, aggressive forecheck who loves to get on top of Bingo's D-men, but they're also targeting the top line. Potulny had notched 25 points in his previous 17 games, but has so far been held off the scoresheet in the Finals. If the club is to win, he needs to lift his line up and they need to get scoring! If this 64 point line can get going on home ice...well, that would be a HUGE boost to the B-Sens to say the least.

The Blueline:
What's this? Derek Smith and Craig Schira are skating and taking contact? So who draws out? By now there's an obvious gameplan the Aeros are following, they're forechecking and pounding the B-Sens' D. Case in point: it doesn't appear that Bobby Raymond will play again this year after sustaining an injury in Game 1. However, if Derek Smith can draw back in, he brings significant poise to the D corps, not to mention a solid body. If Schira can draw in, it gives the B-Sens another offensive weapon on the back end - perhaps one that can give a lift to their powerplay as well. As for the rest of the guys...well, they're still going strong. From Cowen to Benoit to Kinrade to Gryba, this is a group that needs to continue to insulate their netminder Robin Lehner - a 19 year old with a .935 save % in the playoffs...remarkable. Patrick Wiercioch will be back in, almost fully recovered from his injuries now.

Go B-Sens!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not sure how well I could handle a loss tonight. Ohnoes!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm not sure how well I could handle a loss tonight. Ohnoes!

I think they're coming out guns blazing tonight. All we can do is hope they start taking 30-40 shots on Hackett instead of the usual (this series) 15-25. Ahhhhh!

Go B-Sens!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm not sure how well I could handle a loss tonight. Ohnoes!

I think they're coming out guns blazing tonight. All we can do is hope they start taking 30-40 shots on Hackett instead of the usual (this series) 15-25. Ahhhhh!

Go B-Sens!!

I guess that's Houston's deal, though. I suppose their game is to stifle the opposition.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I guess that's Houston's deal, though. I suppose their game is to stifle the opposition.

It appears that way, yeah. I remember when we were all looking at their offensive stats and wondering how they had gotten this far...now we know.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

It appears that way, yeah. I remember when we were all looking at their offensive stats and wondering how they had gotten this far...now we know.

If you can open up an early lead on a team like that, they usually can't cope.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO BSENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Not just offense. Hackett had a .899 SV% coming into this series. He has since upped it to .901. If we get 40 shots on goal we should get 4 goals. And Lehner's SV% is a bit of an asterisk. Since being pulled after the first period of Game 1 in the Easter Conference Finals, he has stopped 180 of 187 shots faced, which is .963.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Not just offense. Hackett had a .899 SV% coming into this series. He has since upped it to .901. If we get 40 shots on goal we should get 4 goals. And Lehner's SV% is a bit of an asterisk. Since being pulled after the first period of Game 1 in the Easter Conference Finals, he has stopped 180 of 187 shots faced, which is .963.

F-ing ridiculous those Lehner stats.

And yeah, not just shots, I wanna see some net presence as well. Z.Smith should be farting in Hackett's face standing so close in front of him, ditto Greening, Daugavins. Gotta make life SUCK for him.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The sample size is pretty small for those "ridiculous" Lehner stats. Don't read too much into them.

Let's just hope he puts up a consistent effort in this series.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

It's time the B-Sens start a little pounding of their own.

Greening, Bass, O'Brien.. should start throwing their weight around.

Get to the front of the net. What Hackett can't see he can't stop.

Go-B-Sens.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

"If you can't see it... you can't track it!"

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As per Joy: Patrick Wiercioch is not in warmups. D. Smith or Schira will be replacing him in the lineup

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Cussing Blacked Out in my region... for diddles sake. Such a stupid rule the NHL has.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And if you missed the first minute you missed the opening goal by the Aeros.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum