GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CCF Game Two: Binghamton at Houston: 8:35PM Saturday, May 28, 2011

+11
sandysensfan
SensHulk
shabbs
Flo The Action
Ev
The Silfer Server
Hockeyhero22000
spader
Riprock
PTFlea
wprager
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Rust: 0, Rest: 1

CCF Game Two: Binghamton at Houston: 8:35PM Saturday, May 28, 2011 14521_10

The B-Sens quest at tying the AHL playoff record for successive road wins stopped one win short. The league's best playoff offense was limited to a single goal as the Aeros took game one of the Final series with a 3-1 win (last goal was an empty netter). The B-Sens were outshot 41-24 on the night by the aggressive, hard-hitting Aeros. According to Joy, it wasn't so much "rust" as the team not being very good. Not to disagree, but sometimes that's exactly how "rust" manifests itself in a hockey team.

Lehner stopped 38 of 40 shots (.950 SV%) so you can expect he'll be back between the pipes tonight. His play was about the only bright spot for the B-Sens. The first period was the B-Sens' best, as the supposedly tired Aeros turned it on to score 3 third-period goals. The top line was on for all three goals against and will have to play much better tonight if they want to avoid being down 0-2 for the first time this playoff season. The defense, also, will have to do better than allow 40+ shots on goal.

SD's EDIT: Joy said the top line was terrible last night, we need them tonight!!
WP's EDIT: The bolded line above.

GO B-SENS!!!!!GO B-SENS!!!!!GO B-SENS!!!!!GO B-SENS!!!!!GO B-SENS!!!!!GO B-SENS!!!!!

Last edited by wprager on Sat May 28, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is a big one!

Go B-Sens!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wiercioch in, Bobby Ray out. Wait, does anyone actually call him that except me? His name is Bobby Raymond but Bobby Ray sounds more cool, no?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:This is a big one!

Go B-Sens!

That's what she said Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Butler on the powerplay puts the B-Sens up 1-0.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Butler on the powerplay puts the B-Sens up 1-0.

Bobby B opens the scoring again? Ahhhhh!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And he is 2 goals away from the 16 set as the rookie playoff goal record for AHL.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Aeros tied it up on a PP goal of their own. Butler in the sin-bin for that one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

First period in the books. Game is tied 1-1 but, once again, the B-Sens are being outshot by the Aeros (although the Aeros had 2 powerplays to the B-Sens' 1).

Come on, guys, start playing.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:And he is 2 goals away from the 16 set as the rookie playoff goal record for AHL.

the team 1200 said that it was his 12th goal so he would be 4 away or have they made a mistake

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The record is 14.

Shots are now 15-15, after the B-Sens trailed 8-3 early in the game.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Online:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bingosens

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:The record is 14.

Any idea in how many games?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bass Destruction wrote:
wprager wrote:The record is 14.

Any idea in how many games?

No idea *who*. I tried looking but all I could find was most goals overall, most goals in a single playoff year, and most goals single game.

Still 1-1 after 40 minutes. And now I'm off to watch The Event finale. Already prepared to be disappointed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wee, that Event season/series finale was pretty bad. Oh well.

OT, huh?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum