GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CCF Game Two: Binghamton at Houston: 8:35PM Saturday, May 28, 2011

+11
sandysensfan
SensHulk
shabbs
Flo The Action
Ev
The Silfer Server
Hockeyhero22000
spader
Riprock
PTFlea
wprager
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:The record is 14.

Shots are now 15-15, after the B-Sens trailed 8-3 early in the game.

Any idea in how many games?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Bass Destruction wrote:
wprager wrote:The record is 14.

Shots are now 15-15, after the B-Sens trailed 8-3 early in the game.

Any idea in how many games?

No idea *who*. I tried looking but all I could find was most goals overall, most goals in a single playoff year, and most goals single game.

Still 1-1 after 40 minutes. And now I'm off to watch The Event finale. Already prepared to be disappointed.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Wee, that Event season/series finale was pretty bad. Oh well.

OT, huh?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

O'Brien scores in OT just after a non-call that should have given the B-Sens an OT penalty.

B-Sens win 2-1 in the first OT to tie the series 1-1 and steal the home-ice advantage. Bingo-Bus, here we come!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I stopped watching The Event after like 3 episodes.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That is such a huge win. They need to start playing like they were, it sounded like they were lucky to get the win.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

the later the game went you could see some players getting better the 8 day lay off was too long

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:the later the game went you could see some players getting better the 8 day lay off was too long

So you think that was the reason they were flat(ish) the first two games? I was wondering if they had run into the Anaheim Ducks of 07 with Houston or are they still rusty.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I needed an excuse to put an edit in the GDT Prags, it's become a stupid superstition that if I don't do the actual GDT, I add a line to it.

I forgot to add the line for Game 1...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i didn't watch the game but from the sounds of it Lehner played big again? Yost was stating that Lehner was one of our prospect that is overrated. I haven't watched him play much so itt's hard forme to tell if what he said has any truth to it but he seems to have picked up his game and is making a huge difference in the playoffs.
My expectations for such a young goalie aren't the same as his i guess. I expect he's got things to work on. I don't expect him ready for the NHL for a few years.

what i'm hearing now is beyond what i'd hoped for.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I needed an excuse to put an edit in the GDT Prags, it's become a stupid superstition that if I don't do the actual GDT, I add a line to it.

I forgot to add the line for Game 1...

You're welcome to do the next one or two. I like the GDT up early in the day or, preferably,even the day before. It's a bit busy at work the last few months, so mid-week GDTs are hard for me to do.

And I'll make sure to leave something to add for Game 5 Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:i didn't watch the game but from the sounds of it Lehner played big again? Yost was stating that Lehner was one of our prospect that is overrated. I haven't watched him play much so itt's hard forme to tell if what he said has any truth to it but he seems to have picked up his game and is making a huge difference in the playoffs.
My expectations for such a young goalie aren't the same as his i guess. I expect he's got things to work on. I don't expect him ready for the NHL for a few years.

what i'm hearing now is beyond what i'd hoped for.

He gave up 2 goals on 40 shots in game 1 and, although he could have had the second one if he squeezed his pads a bit quicker, you can't really blame a goalie when he stops 95% of the shots he faces. Last night he stopped 28 of 29 for the win. He played just a little bit better, and his defense played quite a bit better. The forwards are still not getting it done, even though they scored first in both games. Last night they were outshot 10-3 in the third period. And that's when the game was tied 1-1, so they were not protecting a lead. They *have* to be better than this. This is a team that topped the league in playoff scoring and they have to get back to that style of game. Perhaps the home crown and the last change will help them get that swagger back.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

O'Brien with the OT winner... sweet! We got the split... next three are in Bingo.

GO BSENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There's a promo article on theahl.com about the games being broadcast on the NHL Home Ice on Sirius. In it they mention that the combined rosters of the two teams include 30 players who have played in the NHL this year. Can you name at least 15 B-Sens?

Wiercioch
D. Smith
Hale
Benoit
Condra
Butler
Wick
Greening
Z. Smith
Bass (had to look that one up, he got 1 game this year)
O'Brien
Potulny
Locke
Lehner

I'm pretty sure I got everyone (went by the roster they had on the B-Sens web site. That's only 14, so the Aeros have 16?

Didn't realize they had that many. The Senators had a horrible season both in being out of it early on, and the many injuries, which accounted for a lot of the call ups. But how did Minnesota manage to get 16 players up on the big team roster?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lessard?

Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Lessard?

Wink