GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
Flo The Action
jawal
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
TheAvatar
sandysensfan
wprager
shabbs
Hoags
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 12]

46Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:33 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Someone just tweeted that he got his tickets this morning. Shenanigans?
Or a Moose season ticket holder...

47Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:03 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The P1 and P2 categories are sold out already - those are the most expensive ones...

48Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:23 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

They reached their goal of 13K within 17 minutes and are now sold out.

I theenk we need a beegger areeena.

(Now Dash comes along an inserts a picture of the Taco Bell chihuahua wearing a hockey helmet.)

49Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:29 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HOLY CRAP!

They could probably do the same in Quebec and with a 2nd in the GTA, easily.

BETTMAN - ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION YOU Cussing DUMB Donkey MOTHER Diddler?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Canada is where it's at beeeeeeeeeeeeyotch!

50Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:34 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:HOLY CRAP!

They could probably do the same in Quebec and with a 2nd in the GTA, easily.

BETTMAN - ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION YOU Cussing DUMB Donkey MOTHER Diddler?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Canada is where it's at beeeeeeeeeeeeyotch!

That's unreal. Good for the Peg. I'm with Shabbs; let's do the same in Quebec now.
Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Cheering

51Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:53 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LOL I wouldn't even bother spending money to build a winning product anymore, they have all the dough they need.

52Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:54 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:They reached their goal of 13K within 17 minutes and are now sold out.

I theenk we need a beegger areeena.

(Now Dash comes along an inserts a picture of the Taco Bell chihuahua wearing a hockey helmet.)

I wonder if there's that kind of flexibility in the building (to add to it).

I would be also be really interested in finding out what the average length of the commitment is; They must regret limiting it to 5 years Smile

53Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:00 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:LOL I wouldn't even bother spending money to build a winning product anymore, they have all the dough they need.
They've got at least three years of good times... hopefully they can build on it.

54Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:02 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It's not possible to expand the MTS Centre. It wouldn't be worth it anyway, you'd spend millions to add cheap seats, it'd take 10+ years for the investment to pay off.

Maybe years down the road they can build a bigger arena somewhere.

55Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:05 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

There was talk that it could be done... and I think they had that in mind when they built it originally.

56Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:07 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ebay is now being flooded with Winnipeg Season Tickets for sale...

just kidding....

57Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:09 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:It's not possible to expand the MTS Centre. It wouldn't be worth it anyway, you'd spend millions to add cheap seats, it'd take 10+ years for the investment to pay off.

Maybe years down the road they can build a bigger arena somewhere.

That would be sweet. What's the capacity of the MTS Center? 15k or so? Would be great if they could add another 4-5k of seats pulling in revenue in a sexy new arena. I'm sure that True North already knows exactly when and under what conditions it would make sense to upgrade to a new arena.

58Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:17 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/special/nhl/faq/

Could the MTS Centre be expanded for more seating and how long could it take?

Not happening.

"We might even lose a few for camera positions. Adding seats can't be done. It's not physically possible. We can't take the roof off. Any building improvements will not include the addition of any seats. The NHL likes the building. In discussions we've had with the league in the past few years, size has never been a concern. We have always thought the building is the right size for the market. Our ability to add a couple thousand seats would produce revenue that would not be material, given the ticket prices, and moreover, it would make it more difficult to sell commit­ted season-ticket revenue that will ultimately determine the success of any team."

— True North Chairman Mark Chipman

Can't be expanded

59Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bah.

60Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:43 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You can get on the waiting list now...

A place on the waiting list requires a one-time non-refundable deposit of $50 per seat with a maximum of four seats. The amount is not applied against any future purchase.

61Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:59 pm

shabbs wrote:You can get on the waiting list now...

A place on the waiting list requires a one-time non-refundable deposit of $50 per seat with a maximum of four seats. The amount is not applied against any future purchase.

Hahaha. So the privilege of being on the waiting list is $50 a seat?

To think I work for a living. Apparently, there are much easier ways to make money. Just have people freely hand it over to you for nothing in return.

EDIT: Hey, at least it's only a one-time fee. True North are quite charitable.

62Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:02 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The ace up their sleeve is that they can hold nearly unlimited outdoor games. They can guarantee ice-making conditions in November. The new stadium will be ready in 2012.

63Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:

EDIT: Hey, at least it's only a one-time fee. True North are quite charitable.

Next year (and every year after) you pay $100 to stay on the list.

However all amounts collected (except the first $50) will be applied toward your season tickets purchase (if/when you get them).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum