GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
Flo The Action
jawal
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
TheAvatar
sandysensfan
wprager
shabbs
Hoags
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

151Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:17 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dreger says the secret it OUT!!!!

The Winnipeg Jets will be the name.

WOOHOO!!!!!!

152Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:17 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's better - not that I care in the least, but that sounds cool.

153Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:20 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

how stupid is true north to hold back this naming decision if it was just going to be the same?

154Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Seems that the debate is if it will be Manitoba Jets or Winnipeg Jets.

The Winnatoba Jets.

155Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:moose? might as well call the winipeg team the beavers... now that would be a great name for a wimpy team. get it? Laughing3

Like the "Ottawa Angry Beavers"? As in, the professional Women's hockey team?

156Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:01 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Seems the CBC is confirming that the name will be the Winnipeg Jets.

https://twitter.com/#!/CBCAlerts/status/84318843249504256

157Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:how stupid is true north to hold back this naming decision if it was just going to be the same?

Apparently it wasn't their original choice, it was going to be Manitoba "___________________". But with the season ticket sales and pretty much everyone wanting the name Jets they decided (wisely) to listen to their fans (and ticket holders).

It was probably Manitoba Whiteout, I bet they leaked it to see the response.

158Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No doubt... they could not ignore what everyone wanted...

159Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Best move the Winnipeg franchise has made yet. They'll make a bundle on Jersey sales now.

160Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:05 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Looks like it may be a new logo....

161Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:07 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Looks like it may be a new logo....

They need to sell Jerseys. They might have a 3rd heritage jersey with a throwback to the classic one.

162Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:20 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:Looks like it may be a new logo....

They need to sell Jerseys. They might have a 3rd heritage jersey with a throwback to the classic one.
That would be good... keep the name, sell more "new" jerseys... everyone is happy.

163Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:46 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Rumour: Nickelback to perform at Jets home opener - http://spectorshockey.net/wordpress/2011/08/29/latest-jets-news-august-29-2011/

P.S. I think the Thrashers forum needs to be edited to Winnipeg Jets.

164Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:51 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Rumour: Nickelback to perform at Jets home opener - http://spectorshockey.net/wordpress/2011/08/29/latest-jets-news-august-29-2011/

I think the Guess Who would be better IMHO, being that they're from the Peg.

165Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:57 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Elton John should play Byfy and the Jets

166Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:06 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
Dash wrote:Rumour: Nickelback to perform at Jets home opener - http://spectorshockey.net/wordpress/2011/08/29/latest-jets-news-august-29-2011/

I think the Guess Who would be better IMHO, being that they're from the Peg.

One of the best bills I ever saw: Guess Who w/ Wide Mouth Mason. Nickelback is a pretty big deal so it's a nice touch.

167Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think Nickelback packs a little more rock, which means more energy for the crowd. Crunchy guitar riffs and loud drums and bass.

168Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 11 Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Ondrej Pavelec has been charged with DUI in his native Czech Republic. His blood-alcohol level was registered at 0.2%

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum