GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Mar. 15, 2011

+10
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Hoags
SensGirl11
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
NEELY
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:I stopped caring about anything he did a long time ago. When The Sens lost to Dallas earlier in the year that was the game I through in the towel. That was the game where it was obvious everything was downhill until players started moving out.

I can't remember the exact time I checked out this season, but it must have been around there.

I remember the exact moment I checked out this season. I went to the Leafs game at the end of December when we lost like 72-0 or whatever it was. I went with my buddy, who is a fairly rationale Leafs fan (yes, they do exist). Part way through the game, when it was already out-of-hand, he asked if I wanted his keys so I could wait for him in the car. Buhbye.

I’m not entirely sure what “checking out” means when I say it, as I still try to watch the games, and am still mildly interested in watching our team play. I guess “checking out”, to me, means that I stopped caring about the results (other than hopping on the tankbus).

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Hoags wrote:Kovalev might decide it's time for a 4-goal night.

Colorado is going to get shelled by Vancouver, especially if Elliott starts.

Now that's just cruel, I hope for his sake he's not starting.

What's the option? Budaj and his .895 and 3.20 GAA? Either way you slice it, the Avs goaltending reeks of FIAL.

Precisely.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Hoags wrote:Kovalev might decide it's time for a 4-goal night.

Colorado is going to get shelled by Vancouver, especially if Elliott starts.

Now that's just cruel, I hope for his sake he's not starting.

What's the option? Budaj and his .895 and 3.20 GAA? Either way you slice it, the Avs goaltending reeks of FIAL.

Precisely.

GAME DAY:Pittsburgh Penguins  @ Ottawa Senators  - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Mar. 15, 2011 - Page 3 62136 I can't...that's too much!

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

GAME DAY:Pittsburgh Penguins  @ Ottawa Senators  - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Mar. 15, 2011 - Page 3 Anderson_craig

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

What a great picture! Beautiful!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:GAME DAY:Pittsburgh Penguins  @ Ottawa Senators  - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Mar. 15, 2011 - Page 3 Anderson_craig

Looks like he's scared of the puck now. Career : OVER!

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:GAME DAY:Pittsburgh Penguins  @ Ottawa Senators  - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Mar. 15, 2011 - Page 3 Anderson_craig

Is that you on the horse SSF? GAME DAY:Pittsburgh Penguins  @ Ottawa Senators  - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Mar. 15, 2011 - Page 3 159628

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We should ask Big Ev if the Sun should be penalized for still using this old file photo? Sens Org calling the Sun Media group as we speak?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Is that you on the horse SSF? GAME DAY:Pittsburgh Penguins  @ Ottawa Senators  - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Mar. 15, 2011 - Page 3 159628

That's supposed to represent Hoss riding off into the sunset after the trade BONANZA. I need to change it.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

We should ask Big Ev if the Sun should be penalized for still using this old file photo? Sens Org calling the Sun Media group as we speak?

That's true...old photo is right. Why would they use it? It's old and ugly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
I remember the exact moment I checked out this season. I went to the Leafs game at the end of December when we lost like 72-0 or whatever it was. I went with my buddy, who is a fairly rationale Leafs fan (yes, they do exist). Part way through the game, when it was already out-of-hand, he asked if I wanted his keys so I could wait for him in the car. Buhbye.

I’m not entirely sure what “checking out” means when I say it, as I still try to watch the games, and am still mildly interested in watching our team play. I guess “checking out”, to me, means that I stopped caring about the results (other than hopping on the tankbus).

Yeah, that's what checking out meant/means to me too. I cared so much about the results, the effort of the team, the struggles, the goaltending until one day it just snapped and I thought, Diddle this, let them lose, I refuse to get upset anymore this season. If they can't be bothered to play hard in games, I'm not gonna get pissed when they inevitably lose. I can't remember the exact time, but that Leaf game was after I stopped caring IIRC. Problem is, I still watch every second of every game to see who's dogging it and who's showing some effort, so the time commitment is still there, but I find it 1000 times more enjoyable now that we have a real goaltender + some kids who are playing their hearts out - except now I want them to lose. Frustrating year for all. Mad

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens forwards tonight:

Greening-Spezza-Butler
Foligno-Shannon-Condra
Z. Smith-Winchester-Neil
Svatos-O'Brien-Lessard

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Sens forwards tonight:

Greening-Spezza-Butler
Foligno-Shannon-Condra
Z. Smith-Winchester-Neil
Svatos-O'Brien-Lessard

Better fate for Winchester. Death knell for Svatos.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens' D tonight:

Phillips-Lee
Kuba-Karlsson
Benoit-Gonchar

Anderson

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Greening-Spezza-Butler
Foligno-Shannon-Condra
Z. Smith-Winchester-Neil
Svatos-O'Brien-Lessard

Nice to see O'Brien getting a real shot! ThumbsUp

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I can't believe Lessard is still up here..

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:

Greening-Spezza-Butler
Foligno-Shannon-Condra
Z. Smith-Winchester-Neil
Svatos-O'Brien-Lessard

Nice to see O'Brien getting a real shot! GAME DAY:Pittsburgh Penguins  @ Ottawa Senators  - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Mar. 15, 2011 - Page 3 85287

Absolutely wonderful isn't it? GAME DAY:Pittsburgh Penguins  @ Ottawa Senators  - 7:30pm ET - Tue. Mar. 15, 2011 - Page 3 43150

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:I can't believe Lessard is still up here..

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Nothing wrong with Lessard. He doesn't hurt the team and he does what the coach tells him to do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum