GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+32
LeCaptain
ddt
asq2
Amnesia021
beedub
garblar
Hobiesens
SDH89
SensGirl11
stempniaksen
tim1_2
shabbs
The Silfer Server
CockRoche
Riprock
sandysensfan
dennycrane
strachattack
SensHulk
SensFan71
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
Flo The Action
Ev
22_4_ever
SeawaySensFan
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
PTFlea
spader
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:Phillips is saying he wants to stay and be part of the rebuild. What the Diddle.

If so then MGT must want him here to because if not why would he diddle the team over and just walk for nothing in the off season?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If that's true, then I hope he's willing to take a LOT less in salary the next couple of years. Makes me shake my head a bit though.

strachattack

Rookie
Rookie

I would like a little bit of context to Phillip's statement. That statement isn't anything different than what he's been saying over the last month when questioned about rumours of a potential trade. Sure, he may want to stay but when push comes to shove does he waive his NTC when the time comes?

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Phillips is saying he wants to stay and be part of the rebuild. What the Diddle.

if he pulls a Redden, he's dead to me.........

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

strachattack wrote:I would like a little bit of context to Phillip's statement. That statement isn't anything different than what he's been saying over the last month when questioned about rumours of a potential trade. Sure, he may want to stay but when push comes to shove does he waive his NTC when the time comes?

This may well be his way of saying that he won't waive.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

if that's the case and he pulls a Redden - let him walk at the end of the season and cuss him - don't resign him.

I'd be 100% on board to resign him if he sacrifice-waived for us. I have no time for selfish players.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

spader wrote:
strachattack wrote:I would like a little bit of context to Phillip's statement. That statement isn't anything different than what he's been saying over the last month when questioned about rumours of a potential trade. Sure, he may want to stay but when push comes to shove does he waive his NTC when the time comes?

This may well be his way of saying that he won't waive.

Perhaps. Oh well, if that's the case, hopefully they sign him to a reasonable deal and we move forward with him. If he walks for nothing it will suck.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:

Big difference though. Redden was no longer needed/wanted here, while Phillips would still be welcomed. The thing is, I'm sure we don't want to pay more than 2.5 for him - would he do that? I guess we'll see soon enough.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

What can I say, I told you to expect this the minute Phillips's name was brought up in trade rumours.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

What can I say, I told you to expect this the minute Phillips's name was brought up in trade rumours.

Just because he wants to be here is not a guarantee that the Sens re-sign him.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

Big difference though. Redden was no longer needed/wanted here, while Phillips would still be welcomed. The thing is, I'm sure we don't want to pay more than 2.5 for him - would he do that? I guess we'll see soon enough.

no way - if we're going to have a turn over machine, it might as well be a young turn over machine that has a chance to improve. eff you Phillips!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

But if he doesn't want to go, it's a 100% thing that he's not going.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I maintain one of Phillips/Gonchar goes and the other stays. If you're going to stink for the next two years, which one gives you more of a return?

IMO, Gonchar by a fair bit.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't see how this is news. He's been saying stuff like this for a while, and he isn't the type of guy who will say "I want to be traded".

We'll see what happens on February 28. I'm still betting he's gone.

Last edited by Big Ev on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:I maintain one of Phillips/Gonchar goes and the other stays. If you're going to stink for the next two years, which one gives you more of a return?

IMO, Gonchar by a fair bit.

This is what I've been saying, too. Only two of Phillips, Gonchar, & Kuba will be returning next season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

no way - if we're going to have a turn over machine, it might as well be a young turn over machine that has a chance to improve. eff you Phillips!

Phillips deserves a heck of a lot more respect than that. The reason I'm steamed is I wanted the pick, but I also would have considered bringing Phillips back in the summer.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:I don't see how this is news. He's been saying stuff like this for a while, and he isn't the type of guy who will say "I want to be traded".

We'll see what happens on February 28.

A guy with a NTC saying "I don't want to be traded" strikes me giving us insight into what direction things might go in the next two weeks.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

But if he doesn't want to go, it's a 100% thing that he's not going.

From now until July 1st yup. After that we'll see where the future captain lands. Assuming he is actually unwilling to waive his NTC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum