GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

from now till the trade deadline.

+12
sandysensfan
Riprock
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
strachattack
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
SensHulk
wprager
CockRoche
SDH89
Flo The Action
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

46from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

in my mind a one for one would be the case ribiero for schenn. richards is much more valuable then schenn.

47from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:34 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah that's why I think Ribeiro makes more sense, even though this is just rumour mongering on my part.

I don't think Dallas is going to trade Richards unless they are getting a similar player in return. Despite their alleged tight budget, they are playing good hockey and I cannot see them trading their best player just because of that.

48from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Yeah that's why I think Ribeiro makes more sense, even though this is just rumour mongering on my part.

I don't think Dallas is going to trade Richards unless they are getting a similar player in return. Despite their alleged tight budget, they are playing good hockey and I cannot see them trading their best player just because of that.

there were rumours earlier this season that dallas was looking to deal ribiero... but he's been good so far and Dallas has been a monster this year. did not see that coming.

49from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:50 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah Ribs is playing well, has been pretty consistently good for Dallas - horrible trade for Montreal from the start, just wanted to move a guy they did not like, considered a "problem" and got robbed.

For Dallas, trading Ribs leaves them with a gaping hole upfront, and Schenn doesn't fix that. Toronto has enough NHL defenceman to replace Schenn, but he's also one of their youngest, promising ones. This is where it would get tricky.

Toronto would probably have to send a replacement the other way, and would likely ask for a 1st round pick. Only guy that could really replace Ribeiro's offence is Grabovski. And I don't know why Toronto would do that.

50from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:24 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ESPN.COM: Pierre LeBrun reports the big name top line winger the LA Kings yearn for probably won’t be available until the trade deadline. He rules out their landing New Jersey’s Patrik Elias, Calgary’s Jarome Iginla or Dallas’ Brad Richards…It’s still a possibility the Florida Panthers could shop goalie Tomas Vokoun but GM Dale Tallon has reached out to Vokoun’s agent regarding a contract extension. Vokoun is an unrestricted free agent in July…The Stars could begin contract negotiations with Brad Richards in the near future…Several teams have “kicked the tires on Maple Leafs blueliner Francois Beauchemin but the Leafs have yet to receive a firm offer. Beauchemin has submitted a list of 12 teams he would accept being dealt to…Red Wings GM Ken Holland intends to look to within his organization for a replacement for injured defenseman Brad Stuart…Contract talks between the Lightning and the agent for Steven Stamkos are expected to resume at the end of the month.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: The Kings will have to look beyond the Devils, Flames and Stars for that veteran scoring winger. Elias, Iginla and Richards aren’t going anywhere…I doubt Vokoun intends to re-sign with the Panthers…Beauchemin could be dealt by the deadline but his limited NTC also limits his potential destinations and the possible return for the Leafs.

oh my! that would be a shame. i thought markstrom would become the panthers number 1 goalie sooner rather then later... i think vokoun would be on of the top UFA's this summer, that could put a dent in many GM's plans....

... or he could be doing that A: to trade vokoun with an extension is place(that crafty tallon) B: just to position himself inplace where he doesn't have to move him and if other GM's want him they have to pay more???

51from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:32 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

What if NJ traded Parise to LA for a bunch of young players?

What about Phillips to DET as a rental? Stuart may not be back, and if they do want a veteran replacement, a FA is suitable since they would not have to worry about moving someone. Kuba would still be on for another year. Or Campoli? He's more of a replacement offensively, but not as physical as Stuart.

52from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:What if NJ traded Parise to LA for a bunch of young players?

What about Phillips to DET as a rental? Stuart may not be back, and if they do want a veteran replacement, a FA is suitable since they would not have to worry about moving someone.
Kuba would still be on for another year. Or Campoli? He's more of a replacement offensively, but not as physical as Stuart.

both very good possibility. it's something LA has to think about, they have prospects up the wazzoo but could use an established forward for their top line. the sky's the limit for that team. detroit has crossed my mind many times for a guy like phillips. he'd be well surrounded and would probably come back to form with having to do less then in ottawa.

53from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
ESPN.COM: Pierre LeBrun reports the big name top line winger the LA Kings yearn for probably won’t be available until the trade deadline. He rules out their landing New Jersey’s Patrik Elias, Calgary’s Jarome Iginla or Dallas’ Brad Richards…It’s still a possibility the Florida Panthers could shop goalie Tomas Vokoun but GM Dale Tallon has reached out to Vokoun’s agent regarding a contract extension. Vokoun is an unrestricted free agent in July…The Stars could begin contract negotiations with Brad Richards in the near future…Several teams have “kicked the tires on Maple Leafs blueliner Francois Beauchemin but the Leafs have yet to receive a firm offer. Beauchemin has submitted a list of 12 teams he would accept being dealt to…Red Wings GM Ken Holland intends to look to within his organization for a replacement for injured defenseman Brad Stuart…Contract talks between the Lightning and the agent for Steven Stamkos are expected to resume at the end of the month.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: The Kings will have to look beyond the Devils, Flames and Stars for that veteran scoring winger. Elias, Iginla and Richards aren’t going anywhere…I doubt Vokoun intends to re-sign with the Panthers…Beauchemin could be dealt by the deadline but his limited NTC also limits his potential destinations and the possible return for the Leafs.

oh my! that would be a shame. i thought markstrom would become the panthers number 1 goalie sooner rather then later... i think vokoun would be on of the top UFA's this summer, that could put a dent in many GM's plans....

... or he could be doing that A: to trade vokoun with an extension is place(that crafty tallon) B: just to position himself inplace where he doesn't have to move him and if other GM's want him they have to pay more???

We have to advertise Kuba properly, he's worth a prospect/pick for sure. We're just a mess right now - and he's still not really in game shape. I really badly want a return for him to wipe him from the cap - unless it's for someone with a contract.

54from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:57 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

We have to advertise Kuba properly, he's worth a prospect/pick for sure. We're just a mess right now - and he's still not really in game shape. I really badly want a return for him to wipe him from the cap - unless it's for someone with a contract.
unfortunately he's injury prone. plus i think he's had plenty of time to get in game shape. if we thought the return for brunner was bad i don't think we'll get any better for kuba. 4rth rounder? i think it's almost best to try to get another player who isn't fitting in well with his current team. fresh start type of deal.

55from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:07 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I think people vastly overestimate what players on this team will fetch at the deadline.

It's hard enough just finding a team with cap space who can actually take on a contract, much less show interest. At that point they will hold all the cards.

We're not getting any blue chip prospects back, unless we trade one of ours.

And how many teams will take on a 35+, $4.8M contract (without sending a comparable one back to us) ? (this is Alfie we're talking about).

Answer: zero

If Murray can actually trade any on the non-pending UFAs on this team without significant salary back that will be a huge accomplishment.

56from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

L.A. has 4.4 mill of cap space. and that's with 14 forwards and 8 D-man.

57from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

COYOTES TRADE WOLSKI TO RANGERS FOR ROZSIVAL per tsn...

Dominos? Sarcasm

no but seriously, there's likely more moves coming in the next few weeks from the west as the race to make the playoffs is so tight for so many teams, some will likely try and get the upper hand sooner rather then later.

58from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:COYOTES TRADE WOLSKI TO RANGERS FOR ROZSIVAL per tsn...

Dominos? Sarcasm

no but seriously, there's likely more moves coming in the next few weeks from the west as the race to make the playoffs is so tight for so many teams, some will likely try and get the upper hand sooner rather then later.

Yeah, I think it might actually start some dominos falling in all seriousness. The Rags have very little D now, they'll need someone - and soon.

59from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:14 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Dominos? Sarcasm

Yeah, I think it might actually start some dominos falling in all seriousness. The Rags have very little D now, they'll need someone - and soon.
won't they try calling up del zotto? anyways i have a feeling if one team in the east takes a drop past the 8th place it will be the rangers.

60from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They sent Del Zotto down because he was playing poorly, I guess they could call him up again, but I'm not too sure if that's what they had in mind right now.

61from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sometimes what it takes is a show of forces, like actually sending him down. i doubt it instantly makes him better but i would imagine he would bust his Donkey a little more.

62from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:44 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

Dominos? Sarcasm

Do you think that one of the many thousand Leaf rumours -- they could ship a D to the Rangers? I would prefer we to send Kuba... but

63from now till the trade deadline. - Page 4 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:35 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That Rangers deal leaves them thin on D and with the ability to add a 4.8m contract to their roster.

I'll let you all fill in the rest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum