GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

from now till the trade deadline.

+12
sandysensfan
Riprock
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
strachattack
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
SensHulk
wprager
CockRoche
SDH89
Flo The Action
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

76from now till the trade deadline. - Page 6 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:42 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:If Phillips is traded I hope it's just as a rental and he's re-signed in the off season. It would be great if Big Rig found himself on a contender and eventual cup winner this year.

Senschirp says that Boston has already shown interest. I would assume that Pete Chiarelli would have designs on keeping him past this season too.

What bothers me is that Boston has no cap room and no one really compelling in their lineup to send the other way.

Joe Colbourne please. I don't really care if they like it or not, that's what I want from a division rival.

77from now till the trade deadline. - Page 6 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:If Phillips is traded I hope it's just as a rental and he's re-signed in the off season. It would be great if Big Rig found himself on a contender and eventual cup winner this year.

Senschirp says that Boston has already shown interest. I would assume that Pete Chiarelli would have designs on keeping him past this season too.

What bothers me is that Boston has no cap room and no one really compelling in their lineup to send the other way.

Joe Colbourne please. I don't really care if they like it or not, that's what I want from a division rival.
I'll settle for their first round pick since they have Toronto's already.

78from now till the trade deadline. - Page 6 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:32 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:I'll settle for their first round pick since they have Toronto's already.

I guess we could settle for that, yeah.

79from now till the trade deadline. - Page 6 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:57 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Boston has no cap space pretty much. They'd probably want us to take some of their junk (Ryder).

80from now till the trade deadline. - Page 6 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Boston has no cap space pretty much. They'd probably want us to take some of their junk (Ryder).

Sure, no problem. Who are they sending with him? A 1st or Colbourne? I'd prefer Colbourne and I can add a little to get it done.

81from now till the trade deadline. - Page 6 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:08 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Based on past deadline rentals prolly an overpayment as much as I'd love it.

Chiarelli would definately resign Philips if he were to do that.

82from now till the trade deadline. - Page 6 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:Boston has no cap space pretty much. They'd probably want us to take some of their junk (Ryder).
IF this happens and they try to send 'junk' back.. it had better include a high pick. Either Boston's first or at minimum their 2nd.
IF Ottawa offers Phillips a contract next season.. I can't see him signing anywhere else. Boston does not have the cap to through a large contract at Phillips.

83from now till the trade deadline. - Page 6 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:10 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Sure, no problem. Who are they sending with him? A 1st or Colbourne? I'd prefer Colbourne and I can add a little to get it done.
Sounds good to me! We'll probably end up with some average player like Ryder this summer thru FA. Might as well get a first!

84from now till the trade deadline. - Page 6 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:25 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Colbourne would be great. I wonder if they would do that. No extra picks needed. I think he's progessing a little slower than they had hoped.

85from now till the trade deadline. - Page 6 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:
Colbourne would be great. I wonder if they would do that. No extra picks needed. I think he's progessing a little slower than they had hoped.

Unless there was an extension in place, I doubt it unfortunately. I wish though, we need a huge, blue chip forward prospect like that.

86from now till the trade deadline. - Page 6 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:40 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
SDH89 wrote:

Unless there was an extension in place, I doubt it unfortunately. I wish though, we need a huge, blue chip forward prospect like that.

True. It'll be interesting to see how Colbourne fits in the Bruins long-term plans though. Does anyone know if he's still playing center in the minors, or has he switched over to the wing? If he's still playing in the middle, then there's a huge log jam with the big club with Bergeron, Krejci, Savard, Marchard and Seguin (even though he's playing out of position on the wing right now).

87from now till the trade deadline. - Page 6 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:
True. It'll be interesting to see how Colbourne fits in the Bruins long-term plans though. Does anyone know if he's still playing center in the minors, or has he switched over to the wing? If he's still playing in the middle, then there's a huge log jam with the big club with Bergeron, Krejci, Savard, Marchard and Seguin (even though he's playing out of position on the wing right now).

Exactly, that's why he keeps popping into mind. I love his size, he's skilled, he's taking a while to get to the NHL, but that's fine, we of all teams have the time.

Perhaps the Bs let Bergeron go this summer and put Colbourne on the 4th line next year?

88from now till the trade deadline. - Page 6 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:59 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

They resigned Bergeron for 3 more years.

I don't think we need any centres either, we need some natural wingers.

89from now till the trade deadline. - Page 6 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We need anything we can get, really.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum