GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

from now till the trade deadline.

+12
sandysensfan
Riprock
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
strachattack
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
SensHulk
wprager
CockRoche
SDH89
Flo The Action
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

16from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:55 pm

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
CockRoche wrote:Yes you did. I was just trying to pull your strings anyway.

But please enlighten me, what is a real rumour? Who do you consider your reputable sources? Unless of course they can't be named and if that is the case, please disregard.

Something tweeted by a real journalist/analyst.

Isn't it their job to create/cover the news all-in-one tho'? A little self-promotion goes a long way in that industry IMO.

17from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:18 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Langenbrunner to the flyers eh? Let's see the return..hopefully it can set some sort of precedent for kovalev deal to Pittsburgh. Not equal value, but at least something for kovalev...

18from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:22 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CockRoche wrote:
wprager wrote:

But please enlighten me, what is a real rumour? Who do you consider your reputable sources? Unless of course they can't be named and if that is the case, please disregard.

Isn't it their job to create/cover the news all-in-one tho'? A little self-promotion goes a long way in that industry IMO.
like prager said. not some yahoo posting on eve bigger yahoo site like HB.

i hate those kinds of rumors. they spring from boredom and attention seekers. when something real is steering then it`s always nice to be in the know.

19from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:42 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
wprager wrote:

like prager said. not some yahoo posting on eve bigger yahoo site like HB.

i hate those kinds of rumors. they spring from boredom and attention seekers. when something real is steering then it`s always nice to be in the know.

My fault anyway Flo The Action, it wasn't you that said that; it was another PM from another poster.

I'm not even sure why I mentioned it, it was a simple attempt at a forum joke gone wrong. Either way I try and spin it, I shouldn't have even mentioned anything because what is said in private messages; should stay private.

My apologies.

20from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dallas_Dave Dallas Dave
Langenbrunner not going to Flyers or Kings.

the plot thickens Sarcasm

21from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so i read somewhere that the flyers were offering only picks in exchange for brunner. with them so close to the cap it begs the question what other moves would they be doing to create some cap relief. like moving another forward. the obvious being zherdev.
i've always thought that the possibility of adding Hartnell to our roster would be an interesting one. mind you this and last season were disappointing and he is overpaid by roughly 1.7 mill. he`s a big body upfront that can score. i`m surprised burke hasn't been linked to him in rumors before...

22from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:03 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
All indications are that the Langenbrunner deal to DAL is now done.

23from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:08 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

3rd pick? ouch...

24from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:09 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Flo The Action wrote:3rd pick? ouch...
Conditional third round pick... interesting...

25from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:12 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ottawa needs to get on trading some guys before we start winning again or our hopes of a top 5 pick may be lost. Wink

- Unknown Author

26from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:24 am

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:

That's it? So if the conditions aren't met the Devils get nothing for him. Were they that desperate to get rid of him or is this fair market value of this type of player?

27from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:26 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Not sure what the conditions are, if the Stars to deep, the pick could actually improve... we'll have to see what the conditions are.

28from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:28 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

strachattack wrote:
shabbs wrote:

That's it? So if the conditions aren't met the Devils get nothing for him. Were they that desperate to get rid of him or is this fair market value of this type of player?

Usually the stated conditional pick is the best possible outcome, the Devils would end up with a lesser pick if the conditions are not met.

29from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:30 am

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:Not sure what the conditions are, if the Stars to deep, the pick could actually improve... we'll have to see what the conditions are.

I thought at best the Devils will get nothing better than a third round pick, no? If the conditions are met - playoff success perhaps - then Dallas sends over a third round pick. If the conditions aren't met the Devils get squat. Is that not how conditional picks work?

30from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:32 am

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:
strachattack wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Usually the stated conditional pick is the best possible outcome, the Devils would end up with a lesser pick if the conditions are not met.

Ahh, ok, thanks for the clarification. So if the conditions aren't met it's still possible the Devils get a 4th or 5th.

31from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:32 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

strachattack wrote:
shabbs wrote:Not sure what the conditions are, if the Stars to deep, the pick could actually improve... we'll have to see what the conditions are.

I thought at best the Devils will get nothing better than a third round pick, no? If the conditions are met - playoff success perhaps - then Dallas sends over a third round pick. If the conditions aren't met the Devils get squat. Is that not how conditional picks work?
It all depends on the agreed-upon conditions between Dallas and New Jersey. It may be structured depending on how far they go in the playoffs.

32from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:51 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

damn....why couldn't murray pull a conditional pick for sutton and/or cullen? now that seems like an overpayment

33from now till the trade deadline. - Page 2 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:06 am

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

That 3rd can become a 2nd. There are different conditions on every deal, it all depends on what is negotiated.

There are no standard rules for "conditional" trades.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum