GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

from now till the trade deadline.

+12
sandysensfan
Riprock
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
strachattack
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
SensHulk
wprager
CockRoche
SDH89
Flo The Action
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

31from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:32 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

strachattack wrote:
shabbs wrote:Not sure what the conditions are, if the Stars to deep, the pick could actually improve... we'll have to see what the conditions are.

I thought at best the Devils will get nothing better than a third round pick, no? If the conditions are met - playoff success perhaps - then Dallas sends over a third round pick. If the conditions aren't met the Devils get squat. Is that not how conditional picks work?
It all depends on the agreed-upon conditions between Dallas and New Jersey. It may be structured depending on how far they go in the playoffs.

32from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:51 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

damn....why couldn't murray pull a conditional pick for sutton and/or cullen? now that seems like an overpayment

33from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:06 am

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

That 3rd can become a 2nd. There are different conditions on every deal, it all depends on what is negotiated.

There are no standard rules for "conditional" trades.

34from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:07 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:That 3rd can become a 2nd. There are different conditions on every deal, it all depends on what is negotiated.

There are no standard rules for "conditional" trades.

well I wish the sens would have done this instead.....isles get a 2nd rounder if sens advance past the 1st round, or something like that.

35from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:09 am

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

These are some of the conditions.
- If Dallas doesn't win a round and doesn't re-sign Langenbrunner, then NJD gets a 3rd.
- If Stars re-sign Langenbrunner after July 1, Devils get Stars' 2nd in 2011 and Devils trade them a 2012 3rd.
- If Dallas wins just one round, it is a 2nd.

36from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:33 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nice setup. A good way to do a pending-UFA trade for sure.

As for Murray trying to do this with Sutton or Cullen, he probably did try but was not able to in order to get the deal done. I'm just guessing.

37from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What kind of a dumb deal was that for Langenbrunner? The price is a 2nd, no conditions, and a prospect.

Matt Cullen got a 2nd and Alex Picard last year, that's the price on Langenbrunner.

I don't understand why Lou continues to make odd decisions, but that's one of them, this is a good hockey player playing in an environment that's poison. He'll be excellent for another team. If that's all you could get right now, you wait until closer to the deadline.

38from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:What kind of a dumb deal was that for Langenbrunner? The price is a 2nd, no conditions, and a prospect.

Matt Cullen got a 2nd and Alex Picard last year, that's the price on Langenbrunner.

I don't understand why Lou continues to make odd decisions, but that's one of them, this is a good hockey player playing in an environment that's poison. He'll be excellent for another team. If that's all you could get right now, you wait until closer to the deadline.
i know, i`m a little puzzled. maybe the world is passing us by and the value of an able hockey player is plummeting?
maybe Lou wants to tank so hard that he wants any chances of winning so exit the team now?

39from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:i know, i`m a little puzzled. maybe the world is passing us by and the value of an able hockey player is plummeting?
maybe Lou wants to tank so hard that he wants any chances of winning so exit the team now?

I think the game is passing Lou by personally, that's too sweet a deal for Dallas.

40from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:i know, i`m a little puzzled. maybe the world is passing us by and the value of an able hockey player is plummeting?

I think the game is passing Lou by personally, that's too sweet a deal for Dallas.
he was one of the league`s top Gm a few years back now he`s running for clown of the class. watch it he trades parise for a 1st rounder and brodeur for a 4rth. make kovy captain? maybe someone should give him a senility test.

41from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:20 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Or maybe this is what the cap era has done to trades...

42from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:22 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

My neighbour who is a die hard Leaf fans and I were talking hockey and he brought up his feelings the Leafs need to make a trade soon and mentioned Schenn to DAL for Richards.

I said that I can't see Dallas trading Richards (despite his argument that Dallas needs to shed payroll) because they are doing very well.

The Leafs need to get Kessel a legit centerman, and while Richards obviously fits, he is too improtant to Dallas to move... but I just thought, what about Riberio?

Schenn for Ribeiro +? I think Dallas might have to give up a bit more because Schenn is younger.

43from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:My neighbour who is a die hard Leaf fans and I were talking hockey and he brought up his feelings the Leafs need to make a trade soon and mentioned Schenn to DAL for Richards.

I said that I can't see Dallas trading Richards (despite his argument that Dallas needs to shed payroll) because they are doing very well.

The Leafs need to get Kessel a legit centerman, and while Richards obviously fits, he is too improtant to Dallas to move... but I just thought, what about Riberio?

Schenn for Ribeiro +? I think Dallas might have to give up a bit more because Schenn is younger.

IMO Dash, they would never ever trade Schenn - and if they did, it wouldn't be for anything less than a monster package - like...Tavares demands a trade. From the Stars it would have to be for one of Neal for Benn for the Leafs to even think about it.

44from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:58 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Probably right, just speculating Sarcasm

45from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:57 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:My neighbour who is a die hard Leaf fans and I were talking hockey and he brought up his feelings the Leafs need to make a trade soon and mentioned Schenn to DAL for Richards.

IMO Dash, they would never ever trade Schenn - and if they did, it wouldn't be for anything less than a monster package - like...Tavares demands a trade. From the Stars it would have to be for one of Neal for Benn for the Leafs to even think about it.

My opinion, it would take a heck of a lot more than Schenn to get Richards. And with the Stars playing so well and headed to the playoffs, why would they weaken their team by trading their best player. Does Richards not have a no-trade clause. Why would he go from a team destined to go far in the playoffs to a team that will miss them. I think he will be re-signed in Dallas and he seems to want to stay there. Why is it every time a 'big named' player is involved with trade rumours.. it's always the Leafs?

46from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

in my mind a one for one would be the case ribiero for schenn. richards is much more valuable then schenn.

47from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:34 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah that's why I think Ribeiro makes more sense, even though this is just rumour mongering on my part.

I don't think Dallas is going to trade Richards unless they are getting a similar player in return. Despite their alleged tight budget, they are playing good hockey and I cannot see them trading their best player just because of that.

48from now till the trade deadline. - Page 3 Empty Re: from now till the trade deadline. Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Yeah that's why I think Ribeiro makes more sense, even though this is just rumour mongering on my part.

I don't think Dallas is going to trade Richards unless they are getting a similar player in return. Despite their alleged tight budget, they are playing good hockey and I cannot see them trading their best player just because of that.

there were rumours earlier this season that dallas was looking to deal ribiero... but he's been good so far and Dallas has been a monster this year. did not see that coming.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum