GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Jan. 1 2011

+15
SeawaySensFan
LethalLehner
Ev
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
dennycrane
Urkie
Hoags
Riprock
Hobiesens
CockRoche
Bramlet07
SensHulk
shabbs
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can't speak for PKC, but S4W is more a poster in the sim league.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Can't speak for PKC, but S4W is more a poster in the sim league.

I just searched PKC's latest posts and he had some memorable ones before he went missing; poor little guy was an angry man. Let's just say he wasn't a fan of the Ottawa Senators recently.

https://gmcentralhockey.forumotion.net/t5030p80-gdt-dallas-stars-ottawa-senators-730pm-et-wednesday-nov-24th#205684

If I didn't know better, I would think he was silenced by the Ottawa Senators Promotions and Marketing team.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why all the hate for Phillips? I know he crapped all over himself for most of this season but him and Karlsson while paired together have looked good far more than not and Phillips has put in at least a handful of stellar defensive efforts in the short time those two have been together.

Be disgusted with the level of play, prior to the EK - Phillips pairing, if you like but give some credit for a turn around in his game and give some credit to Phillips for an improvement in Karlsson's game as well.

The fact that his game has seen marked improvements and flashes of his shut down days is enough for me to want him back next season as a solid veteran D who can mentor the young guys and provide some leadership. Definitely on a 2 or 3 year deal max and for sure you take advantage of his poor play while paired with the Gonch in order to get a nice discount.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Why all the hate for Phillips? I know he crapped all over himself for most of this season but him and Karlsson while paired together have looked good far more than not and Phillips has put in at least a handful of stellar defensive efforts in the short time those two have been together.

Be disgusted with the level of play, prior to the EK - Phillips pairing, if you like but give some credit for a turn around in his game and give some credit to Phillips for an improvement in Karlsson's game as well.

The fact that his game has seen marked improvements and flashes of his shut down days is enough for me to want him back next season as a solid veteran D who can mentor the young guys and provide some leadership. Definitely on a 2 or 3 year deal max and for sure you take advantage of his poor play while paired with the Gonch in order to get a nice discount.

While I still support extending #4, I *did* take a look at his play. There was a handful of games when he and Karlsson were very good, but then another handful not so good. Overall, I do not see a definite bad-to-good transition. He still had that brutal play in the Leafs game that led to a goal, his +/- has not started to get better. He still has a long way to go, IMO.

P.S. Isn't it time for a new GDT?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Why all the hate for Phillips? I know he crapped all over himself for most of this season but him and Karlsson while paired together have looked good far more than not and Phillips has put in at least a handful of stellar defensive efforts in the short time those two have been together.

While I still support extending #4, I *did* take a look at his play. There was a handful of games when he and Karlsson were very good, but then another handful not so good. Overall, I do not see a definite bad-to-good transition. He still had that brutal play in the Leafs game that led to a goal, his +/- has not started to get better. He still has a long way to go, IMO.

P.S. Isn't it time for a new GDT?

I'll get one up. It's almost 8am for cryin' out loud. Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum