GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs :: 7:00pm ET :: Sat. Feb. 1st, 2014

+10
Vandelay
PTFlea
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Ev
wprager
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Battle of Ontario resumes.... LET'S GO!!!

I'm assuming it will be Anderson vs Bernier. Leafs have been hot of late and the Sens have been playing much better of the past couple of games. Should be a good tilt at the ACC. Sens have a couple of games in hand on the Leafs and trail them by 6 points. A regulation win tonight would be huge and would keep them in the race for a playoff spot.

GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting look at the two teams:

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs :: 7:00pm ET :: Sat. Feb. 1st, 2014 Captur19

Sens with the slight edge in goals for per game, Leafs an even slighter edge in goals against per game. Sens have the edge in shots on goal (both allowed and taken). Leafs take more penalties (surprising) and the Sens have a better PK percentage. Now, the Leafs have a better PP, but those are overall numbers and don't tell the whole story. The Sens have (I believe) the number 1 road power play percentage in the league; they just suck at it (30th?) on home ice (must be all those fans shouting "Shoot!") Both teams' stats over the last 10 or so games are better than overall, for the most part.

Should be a good, close game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, I copied this from the other thread. Should I have kept the "goof" for shabbs?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GOOF!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looks like dean brown won't be calling games next year  Cheering 

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Looks like dean brown won't be calling games next year  Cheering 

Please tell me that doesn't mean Denis will be back. A complete overhaul?

P.S. Is this game related?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

you know, we're finally at the stage or have been for a while where people aren't even thinking about Alfredsson, or what we would be like with him. One reason why we've turned the corner.

Tonight is going to be a win, and Ryan is gonna have a big game.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

As long as slow Philips and Corvo don't play we will win.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:As long as slow Philips and Corvo don't play we will win.

Neither of those guys is slow but at this point I don't care who's in as long as we win, specially against the dirty Leafs.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeKing wrote:As long as slow Philips and Corvo don't play we will win.

Neither of those guys is slow but at this point I don't care who's in as long as we win, specially against the dirty Leafs.

Only philips is slow is what I meant to say. Philips is wandering around in the off. zone too much lately and is not fast enough to recover when he bubbles the puck on the blue line.
No philips? Easy win.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Such a big game tonight and not just because of the 2 points. They need to get through the mental barrier that are the Leafs tonight and really make a statement. Opening the scoring will be key.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

All the pieces are coming together in Ottawa right now... thus tonights theme song.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Isn't their theme song "Wake me up when it's all over"?  Might explain some of those bad starts in afternoon games.

Last edited by wprager on Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Anderson and Bernier confirmed.

Lines from earlier today:

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Conacher-Zibanejad-Condra
Kassian-Smith-Neil
DaCosta extra

Cowen-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Ceci
Methot-Gryba
Corvo extra

MacLean confirms Kassian in for Da Costa.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Holland out for the Leafs with a "lace bite". Looks like Greg McKegg will take his place.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/leafs-holland-out-against-sens-with-lace-bite/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum