GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs :: 7:00pm ET :: Sat. Feb. 1st, 2014

+10
Vandelay
PTFlea
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Ev
wprager
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Anderson is a small problem that could turn into a larger one for sure and IMO he's a guy that will get moved in the off season to the Panthers when Thomas retires and they are left with no one. Easy resign for them as well and gives them stability.

Spezza, yah until they move on from him be it a trade or simply letting his contract run out the Sens will just flutter around where they are, in a good year they might finish 2nd or 3rd in the division but will lose out to the teams where everyone has bought in. Does anyone really view him as the captain? Does anyone really believe any success the Sens have had this season isn't because of Turris and Karlsson? They need to move on from Spezza, it hasn't worked for 10 years with him at his peak so it's not going to work in the next 5-10 years going forward.

Murray doesn't have the balls to do it.
Anderson is not "a small problem". He is an impediment to our goalie of the future.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Either way, Alfie isn't in Ottawa, will never be a Sen again on the ice, and it's something most people have moved on from.  

What's important is the now, how they get better, and what moves need to be made for that to happen and for the Sens to be fighting for the Cup every year.  Yah there is history that's hard to shake and it shouldn't be ignored but you need people who actually care about it.  You need additional character in Ottawa right now because there is a lot lacking.

Spezza wanted the "C", he got it.  This comes with it.  True or false, Spezza is or isn't the current leader of the Sens?

Oh I agree. Spezza has gotta be more assertive and I don't know...show up to statement games and he doesn't. We all know he ain't leading by example. I'm remarking this has been a constant issue for the sens. Not saying spezza isn't the problem right now, but he also isn't the only problem.

I don't know, that 'fight' he had with the preds player was also pretty stupid and looked to me like a pathetic attempt at proving his 'leadership skills'. But I guess it was something. i wish he was the one yelling from the bench, I wish he was the one arguing with the refs, firing back at phaneuf. no emotion, and it's pretty sickening. I just don't think it'll be solved by getting rid of spezza but it might be a start.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I wonder what Karlsson would fetch us in a trade. Dare to dream

Letang ++++++

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Michallica wrote:All I'm saying is I don't give a Dung anymore who gets traded, but I'm sick and tired of the sens folding like a bunch of Front Bums and not playing for their team mates and/or playing mad.  Play like you got something to prove damn it.  That third period was Cussing pathetic and everything wrong with the sens ORGANIZATION.  See past history.

Hate to do this, but maybe we've been too 'european' and that mentality still lingers.

Or maybe that was the wrong line of thinking back when they were playing the Leafs in the playoffs?  See Chara and Hossa, both whom have cups and been to multiple finals.  That European thing is complete BS and fact is Ottawa has 4 Euro's on the team now and that's including Lehner and the Norris Trophy winner.  

Spezza is softer than any European the Sens have ever had.

well even you agreed that is what was happening to the team in the off-season. Alfie, Silfverberg, Gonchar, Regin, Daugavins, all gone.

But yes it is soft Europeans who you don't want (or that mentality). A guy like Radko Gudas comes to mind as somebody you want.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Michallica wrote:All I'm saying is I don't give a Dung anymore who gets traded, but I'm sick and tired of the sens folding like a bunch of Front Bums and not playing for their team mates and/or playing mad.  Play like you got something to prove damn it.  That third period was Cussing pathetic and everything wrong with the sens ORGANIZATION.  See past history.

Hate to do this, but maybe we've been too 'european' and that mentality still lingers.

Or maybe that was the wrong line of thinking back when they were playing the Leafs in the playoffs?  See Chara and Hossa, both whom have cups and been to multiple finals.  That European thing is complete BS and fact is Ottawa has 4 Euro's on the team now and that's including Lehner and the Norris Trophy winner.  

well even you agreed that is what was happening to the team in the off-season. Alfie, Silfverberg, Gonchar, Regin, Daugavins, all gone.

But yes it is soft Europeans who you don't want (or that mentality). A guy like Radko Gudas comes to mind as somebody you want.

The soft euro thing is a myth. It's soft players and Ottawa has a few of them European or not. Regin, Daugavins, Gonchar are all fairly soft (Gonchar was great without being hard though)... Silfverberg was probably more of a price to pay and Alfie well lets just stop talking about Alfie.

Ottawa is going to get tougher and grittier as the years go by and that will start with the addition of Lazar and the subtraction of Spezza ( I hope).

The thing I hate in Ottawa right now is a clear focus on how the team is being built and that's 200 feet, fast, gritty, and responsible yet the captain is everything that it isn't. It's honestly driving me insane because it's so obvious but the team hasn't addressed it. Maybe they can't right now and you for sure don't throw anyone under the bus but it still drives me nut because it's an obvious problem that has proof and history behind it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Starting with the coach, who was born in France.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:

Softer than Filly?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

The soft euro thing is a myth.  It's soft players and Ottawa has a few of them European or not.  Regin, Daugavins, Gonchar are all fairly soft (Gonchar was great without being hard though)... Silfverberg was probably more of a price to pay and Alfie well lets just stop talking about Alfie.

Ottawa is going to get tougher and grittier as the years go by and that will start with the addition of Lazar and the subtraction of Spezza ( I hope).  

The thing I hate in Ottawa right now is a clear focus on how the team is being built and that's 200 feet, fast, gritty, and responsible yet the captain is everything that it isn't.  It's honestly driving me insane because it's so obvious but the team hasn't addressed it.  Maybe they can't right now and you for sure don't throw anyone under the bus but it still drives me nut because it's an obvious problem that has proof and history behind it.

True.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Softer than Filly?

No one is that soft. Still a good gamble for a 3rd though lol.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

The soft euro thing is a myth.  It's soft players and Ottawa has a few of them European or not.  Regin, Daugavins, Gonchar are all fairly soft (Gonchar was great without being hard though)... Silfverberg was probably more of a price to pay and Alfie well lets just stop talking about Alfie.

The thing I hate in Ottawa right now is a clear focus on how the team is being built and that's 200 feet, fast, gritty, and responsible yet the captain is everything that it isn't.  It's honestly driving me insane because it's so obvious but the team hasn't addressed it.  Maybe they can't right now and you for sure don't throw anyone under the bus but it still drives me nut because it's an obvious problem that has proof and history behind it.

True.

For the most part as a fan I love the team that is being put on the ice night in and night out. Karlsson, Turris, Cowen, Ryan, MacArthur, Smith, Neil, Zibanejad, Gryba, Wiercioch, Ceci... how can anyone not be happy with all of their play this year short of some stretches that every player in the NHL has. Anderson I can live with in the pipes because of how well he can actually play at times, I think they should be riding Lehner but that's being picky on my part or any fans.

That said I hate watching the Sens play the way they do with Spezza in the lineup over the long haul. He kills what the team is building or has built simply by being on the ice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum