GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th

+22
cash
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
PKC
Urkie
Bramlet07
asq2
Ev
stempniaksen
Hockeyhero22000
sens4win
Flo The Action
CockRoche
spader
The Silfer Server
wprager
PTFlea
SDH89
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Dallas @ Ottawa, Nov. 24, 2010

GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 6 Vote_lcap240%GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 2 ]
GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 6 Vote_lcap240%GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 2 ]
GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 6 Vote_lcap220%GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 12]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Final rant:

PUT REGIN-SPEZZA-ALFIE (Clouston) TOGETHER AND CALL Z. SMITH THE Cuss UP ALREADY (Murray)!

It doesn't have to be your final rant, don't worry about a couple of people disagreeing, I think you're right. There are serious issues with this team - we've seen it now for years and years where only Alfie and Spezza are worth anything offensively. Something has to change.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And also, un-scratch Karlsson idiot and call up Butler - now.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:And also, un-scratch Karlsson idiot and call up Butler - now.

What is the deal though will calling up players (i.e. why haven't they been able to do it already)? There's the Hale and Lee situation right now, so I guess they're at the maximum, so guys like Fisher and Michalek can't really heal up properly. I recall Murray saying he would take care of the surplus d-men situation 'very soon' and that was like 10 days ago.

Tim Murray did say that down the road this season Butler will likely get a chance to play in Ottawa. I don't know if they're holding off so far for development reasons, but its time we got someone who shoots the puck like crazy. Its so simple you know? Just shoot the puck and stop trying to dangle and make the pretty plays. And you know Karlsson HAS to be back next game....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:

What is the deal though will calling up players (i.e. why haven't they been able to do it already)? There's the Hale and Lee situation right now, so I guess they're at the maximum, so guys like Fisher and Michalek can't really heal up properly. I recall Murray saying he would take care of the surplus d-men situation 'very soon' and that was like 10 days ago.

Tim Murray did say that down the road this season Butler will likely get a chance to play in Ottawa. I don't know if they're holding off so far for development reasons, but its time we got someone who shoots the puck like crazy. Its so simple you know? Just shoot the puck and stop trying to dangle and make the pretty plays. And you know Karlsson HAS to be back next game....

We're at 22 now though, so do it up. If it's Hale that's in the way, then waive him to the AHL, if someone picks him up, what can we do? Butler needs to be given a shot with Jason Spezza, he's earned it - and we can't score to save our lives.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:
SDH89 wrote:Also, can we please put Gonchar on the right side on the PP? Don't know why they're trying to set up Kuba's "shot".

I was wondering the same thing...I don't understand where Clouston's head has been lately. He keeps saying if it ain't broke dont' fix it, and he did...Gonchar being back on the right on the PP is what had gotten us going again...I don't understand...I'm starting to think Clouston is already losing it... scratch

+1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, Clouston's getting to annoy me a little as well to say the least.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, one of the most frustrating games I've seen in terms of one of my little favourite players. Shannon plays pretty well, gets a fluke goal, I like what I'm seeing.

Then he completely blows it along the boards. Phillips does the usual rim it around, useless play, but it actually makes it to Shannon who is so soft on it that it gets turned over and we're fishing the winning goal out of our net.

Hey Shannon: you want to play NHL hockey? I wouldn't do that again.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, Clouston has to be assessed again soon. There wasn't much of a 'gameplan' tonight.

I'm not sure what to say right now, things are not clicking, it's very frustrating.

You could actually hear Clouston yelling profanity laced instructions to his players as they seemed to ignore him. Laugh1

The few people that did show up for that turkey of a game deserve refunds. I know a couple of kids from town here who wasted a long drive last night going to that snoozefest.

I don't think it's totally his fault. At the 6 game mark, Murray said "no one's job is safe" and never followed through. Try that with your 5 year old - threaten punishment and don't follow through - you'll get the same results.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

PKC wrote:This team is way undisciplined and there are so many problems with breaking out of our zone that by the team the forwards can get the puck anywhere near the offensive zone they just dump it and head off on a line change. Things need to change with this team, there's far too much talent on the roster to be middling in mediocrity in the Eastern conference...I shudder to think how bad our record would be if we were in the West.

And can someone please tell me what this team's issue with shooting the puck is? Do they have some sort of aversion or clauses in their contract that prevent them from shooting the puck on net. We're damn near last in the league in shots for per game.

I'm starting to get sick of seeing this team with this many skill players resort to the ridiculous rim the puck around the boards and hope it ends up on someone's stick. That gameplan works for teams like the Boston Bruins who have a ton of hard nosed players on the roster. It doesn't work for a team with skill guys like Spezza, Regin, Alfredsson, Kovalev, Gonchar, Karlsson, Campoli, Shannon, etc....enough is enough of this Cussing garbage.

I don't agree with all the various rants going on in this thread, but Imo this is a very accurate post. The dump and no change issue is ridiculous and kind of an embarassment. It ties in with the too-many-men problem and speaks to bench mismanagement.

I do think, however, that the shots-for issue isn't that big a problem. They get lots of shots, they just miss the net way too often---If someone went back and looked at every shot Mike Fisher has fired at the net in the past 3-4 years, you'd probably find that 2/3's missed the net, while 1/3 of what's left hit the post.

And the offensive scheme isn't great, but the players are as much to blame for that as anyone else. They haven't been executing.

As for the rest of the rants in this thread, I'd only really agree with the Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson one.
And as for Karlsson, I'm sure he won't spend Brian Lee time in the pressbox...

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:And also, un-scratch Karlsson idiot and call up Butler - now.

Exactly what I was thinking during the game last night. Realistically, Butler doesn't come near the goal production he's been having in the A up here right away, but at least he won't be afraid to throw some pucks on the net and try to get the offense going -- something that no one is doing right now (besides Spezza).

Also last night, with about 8 seconds left, Alfie had the puck on the halfboards and looked back to the point where Kuba was wide open, and decided not to pass back. I couldn't help but think that if Karlsson was back there we may have seen a blast from the point - like the one that tied the game against Carolina last year with around 7 seconds to go.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:
I don't agree with all the various rants going on in this thread, but Imo this is a very accurate post. The dump and no change issue is ridiculous and kind of an embarassment. It ties in with the too-many-men problem and speaks to bench mismanagement.

Not only that, but it's very obvious that the Sens aren't rushing the puck up ice. Knife it through the neutral zone and gain entrance with speed, enough is enough, make the opposing teams D back up and create some chances.

But then, even when we have chances these days, someone misses.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I guess we'll see how Clouston and Murray respond. To me, neither is safe at all, not at all. Melnyk must be grinding his teeth watching ~60 million of his money look like a bunch of pee wees on the ice. I'd be really pissed if I were hit - I'm pissed now and I'm not paying these guys.

Clouston has a limited time to get things back on track IMO. It starts tomorrow and I'm sure Melnyk and co. will be watching until the end of the month assessing whether or not Clouston is the guy - and more importantly, whether or not Murray is still the guy.

It's finally come to this for sure, this team is slow, boring and being beaten by everyone in the league. And it's been happening a lot - save for some parts of last year. Something's gotta give, either the personnel or the coach or the GM - or a combination.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'm so Cussing disgusted with this team today, it's incredible. I'm starting to consider giving up on the season, not because of the last couple of days but because of the overwhelming evidence that this team just isn't good enough to compete for a playoff spot in the Eastern conference.

Look at the goal differential. It's absolutely disgusting. We're in the bottom third of the league for goals for with 52 and tied for fourth last in the league in goals against with 69. That's a goal differential of -17. For a team that's supposed to be defensively responsible. Outrageous.

Look at the team stats. Regin - 1 goal. Foligno - 0 goals. Fisher - 8 points. Phillips - 3 assists and a -12. Phillips is so bad lately I'm starting to think he's wearing a #6 jersey. Neil and Ruutu have a combined 2 goals when they finished with more than 10 each last season.

Look at the special teams. We're damn near last in the league in power play opportunities. And our PP% is a very average 18%. And the amount of times we've been shorthanded is staggering. So undisciplined I'm starting to think Clouston isn't the man for the job either. Not to mention our PK% which was top 10 last year is now close to bottom 10 this year.

But the worst part is, how Cussing boring this team is to watch. There's no inspired play. Just the same stupid stagnant offensive schemes that include those awesome staples of Mike Fisher skating down the half wall at full speed and shooting the puck either way over the net or straight at the goalie's chest, also include a 5 on 3 setup (for the extremely rare occasion when we do get one) that includes passing the puck for 80% of the time and then taking a shot from the worst possible angle, also includes a dump and chase game that doesn't work because our chase is borderline useless after the line has spent 45 seconds in its' own zone trying to get the puck, also includes a third line that keeps cycling the puck in the offensive zone without anyone actually getting into a spot where they can shoot the puck, also includes probably the worst break out scheme I've ever seen in my life.

The coaching on this team is starting to baffle me. It's the same crappy, uninspired play that leads to no results over and over again. The only time our team ends up in a highlight reel lately is when one guy does it all himself. Which is astounding for a team that has guys like Alfredsson, Kovalev, Spezza, Gonchar, Karlsson, etc. Guys who have great vision and great shots.

And don't even get me started on the shooting the puck thing. I don't know if a site exists that's akin to hoopdata.com where you can track offensive chances per 60 minutes, but I'm damn near sure that we'd rank last in that category. Every game people say, the other goalie played great. Well we didn't make it especially hard for him. I love those stupid, useless fly by net drives we do well after the goalie has covered the puck. Instead of actually, you know, crashing the net with the puck, we just wait until he's covered it so we can go in and pretend we're playing hard after the whistle. Cuss that Dung. You're not fooling anybody with your outdoor rink hockey.

Quite frankly, I'd sit Foligno and Phillips for at least a game each. Neither is contributing anything to the team right now and their uninspired play has become an impediment to this team.

Get Michalek back on the top line in place of Regin and have him park his Donkey within 10 feet of the net.

Put Gonchar and Kuba on the top pairing. Karlsson and Carkner on the second. And Hale and Campoli on the third.

Put Shannon on the second PP unit on the left half wall with Neil in front of the net and Regin on the other side.

And for the love of God, either put Fisher on a rehab stint or send him down to the third line. His 30-point pace this year doesn't belong in the top 6.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Although I disagree with the overall reason for this post being made, when it is thought out and layed out like this, all I can really say is "great post".

I wouldn't change a thing. One of the best.

Last edited by CockRoche on Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC with the post of the year!

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:PKC with the post of the year!

Edit: That joke wasn't my style, so I deleted it.

Last edited by CockRoche on Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SDH89 wrote:
PKC wrote:This team is way undisciplined and there are so many problems with breaking out of our zone that by the team the forwards can get the puck anywhere near the offensive zone they just dump it and head off on a line change. Things need to change with this team, there's far too much talent on the roster to be middling in mediocrity in the Eastern conference...I shudder to think how bad our record would be if we were in the West.

And can someone please tell me what this team's issue with shooting the puck is? Do they have some sort of aversion or clauses in their contract that prevent them from shooting the puck on net. We're damn near last in the league in shots for per game.

I'm starting to get sick of seeing this team with this many skill players resort to the ridiculous rim the puck around the boards and hope it ends up on someone's stick. That gameplan works for teams like the Boston Bruins who have a ton of hard nosed players on the roster. It doesn't work for a team with skill guys like Spezza, Regin, Alfredsson, Kovalev, Gonchar, Karlsson, Campoli, Shannon, etc....enough is enough of this Cussing garbage.

I agree with most of your points, but what I've realized lately is that we have far too many muckers and grinders and we don't really have many of these "skilled" players you mentioned above.

I am definitely starting to think the way you are in respect to the "Skilled" players on our team. Where are they and what have they been doing lately? It's very frustrating indeed.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I guess we'll see how Clouston and Murray respond. To me, neither is safe at all, not at all. Melnyk must be grinding his teeth watching ~60 million of his money look like a bunch of pee wees on the ice. I'd be really pissed if I were hit - I'm pissed now and I'm not paying these guys.

Clouston has a limited time to get things back on track IMO. It starts tomorrow and I'm sure Melnyk and co. will be watching until the end of the month assessing whether or not Clouston is the guy - and more importantly, whether or not Murray is still the guy.

It's finally come to this for sure, this team is slow, boring and being beaten by everyone in the league. And it's been happening a lot - save for some parts of last year. Something's gotta give, either the personnel or the coach or the GM - or a combination.

I have a feeling neither one of these guys are our guys anymore. It's just not working...It's very hard to watch, but I can't help but continue to do so, I love this team and I anxiously await the day they get good again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum