GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa trade rumours

+28
dawg's wife
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
garblar
TheAvatar
spader
Hoags
asq2
rooneypoo
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
shabbs
The Silfer Server
Sens4thecup
cash
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
CockRoche
SDH89
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 35]

46Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:38 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:
cash wrote:I've been a Murray supporter, but that signing alone is cause for termination. If I'm in negotiations with that kid, it goes "you want a one way? gtfo of my office.... You want HOW much??? gtfo of my office.... You want TWO years? gtfo of my office.... Prove me you can play in this league first, on a one year, two way, minimum salary and then we'll talk about rewards."

It's up there with the Yashin, Dipietro, Redden, Drury, Gomez signings: Worst signing EVER!
So you're willing to write Murray off on that contract alone? That's a little extreme. Brian Lee has been a total failure, and that contract certainly made it impossible to move him. Hell, I don't think re-entry would even work.

But to write Murray off on that alone is a bit much.
I suppose there should have been some kind of sarcasm/blatant overstatement smiley put there, but I forgot tone of voice can't be heard through text.... Anyways, the contract is balls and was a strange decision when it happened. Most fans were shocked and so was I, and clearly it was a mistake.

Ogle: Lee had no arbitration rights.

And even if he had had that ability, Murray knew the character of the kid and would have known he could get strong-armed by an under-performing player; therefore he should have been packaged out of town at the deadline, not signed immediately after.

47Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:44 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't understand that 2 year decision. Really don't get it.

48Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:59 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

seriously...it's got to be one or the other (2 way or 2 year).

49Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:13 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

It's a horrible decision. At the time, I also thought it meant that Campoli was being sent somewhere.

If you have enough faith in him to sign a 2 yr. deal, give him more rope than he got. Or trade him. Their treatment of him is baffling beyond belief and it certainly looks as though the coach and GM were not on the same page at all.

50Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:SilverSevenSens is doing a DGB impersonation:

Laughing3

51Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:53 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

honestly i have no problem with the lee contract. yes it would of been better with a two way but the way i'm sure BM looked at it was "give the kid a shot, if it doesn't work out i'll trade him and worst case scenario we wave him" no harm done to the sens. there was a chance we'd get some sort of return for him, letting him walk away last summer meant we got nothing then. so we got nothing now, what's the big deal? it's not our money.

52Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:18 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

cash wrote:
shabbs wrote:
cash wrote:I've been a Murray supporter, but that signing alone is cause for termination. If I'm in negotiations with that kid, it goes "you want a one way? gtfo of my office.... You want HOW much??? gtfo of my office.... You want TWO years? gtfo of my office.... Prove me you can play in this league first, on a one year, two way, minimum salary and then we'll talk about rewards."

It's up there with the Yashin, Dipietro, Redden, Drury, Gomez signings: Worst signing EVER!
So you're willing to write Murray off on that contract alone? That's a little extreme. Brian Lee has been a total failure, and that contract certainly made it impossible to move him. Hell, I don't think re-entry would even work.

But to write Murray off on that alone is a bit much.
I suppose there should have been some kind of sarcasm/blatant overstatement smiley put there, but I forgot tone of voice can't be heard through text.... Anyways, the contract is balls and was a strange decision when it happened. Most fans were shocked and so was I, and clearly it was a mistake.

Ogle: Lee had no arbitration rights.
And even if he had had that ability, Murray knew the character of the kid and would have known he could get strong-armed by an under-performing player; therefore he should have been packaged out of town at the deadline, not signed immediately after.
You're right of course, he was coming off his ELC, my mistake. To make my mistake worse, his qualifying offer could have been a two way since he only played 23 games last year. Ugh, bad decision by Murray, but not a catastrophe of Sather proportions.

53Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:34 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Nothing's happening guys, I've seen this movie before and it's boring.

54Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:32 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:Nothing's happening guys, I've seen this movie before and it's boring.
agreed, i think murray has wanted to be rid of lee for a while. no lead up to aything, nothing else is coming.

55Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:04 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any trades?

56Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:12 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Butler gets the call for Saturday's game. That's the only thing I can see happening.

57Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:12 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Any trades?

Wrong site. You're looking for GMHockey-Sim.forumotions.net. Wink

- Unknown Author

58Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:13 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:I think Butler gets the call for Saturday's game. That's the only thing I can see happening.

If so then it's about bloody time. Put the guy with Spezza and give him a chance to produce.

- Unknown Author

59Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:12 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I think Butler gets the call for Saturday's game. That's the only thing I can see happening.

If so then it's about bloody time. Put the guy with Spezza and give him a chance to produce.

For 20 games minimum though - with Spezza, playing 18 minutes a night. None of this 4 minutes on line 4 to see if he can make things happen.

60Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:57 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I read on Wikileaks that Murray doesn't have the nards to do anything useful..

61Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:43 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Problem is that if you want more scoring or want spezza to be effective with less line juggling, the sens need to stop taking so many Cussing penalties, especially in one period.

62Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can we rename this thread to "Ottawa trade coming undone"?

63Ottawa trade rumours - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:40 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Renamed to just Ottawa trade rumours.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum