GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa trade rumours

+28
dawg's wife
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
garblar
TheAvatar
spader
Hoags
asq2
rooneypoo
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
shabbs
The Silfer Server
Sens4thecup
cash
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
CockRoche
SDH89
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 35]

16Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:25 pm

dennycrane wrote:Please no band-aids.

Unless we are getting OEL, Gormley, or Yandle, any defenceman coming from Phoenix is a band-aid.

This reeks of desperation on Murray's part. Anything that Phoenix is willing to give up, isn't going to be in Ottawa long term, I would think.

Knowing Murray, this is probably his deadline move for this season. (Note the lack of a sarcasm smiley there).

17Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:26 pm

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

I'm starting to think that nothing is going to happen....

18Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Phoenix is coming off a long winning streak that was just broken. I can't see them making huge changes.

If we are going to take some older d-man like Aucoin (if Gonchar can't help, why would this Cussing clown be able to), we better be getting a Wolski type.

Wolski has been benched at least once already that I know of. Maybe there is something there.

19Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:30 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SDH89 wrote:I'm starting to think that nothing is going to happen....

yeah you might be right....good way to waste my afternoon though! Life goes on....

20Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:31 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

I can't find it. I tried to find a post I made about 2 weeks ago regarding Foligno.

In a nutshell, if we trade Foligno right now, the only possible reflection fans will be doing in the next 2+ years on this trade will be that we got screwed over.

Now is not the time to trade a struggling power forward after investing in him and his future for this long. Power forwards take time and we need to see what will become of him; not trade him during his develpmental and maturing phases.

If Foligno gets traded, I will be pissed. The return will surely bring a lesser player and a longer time commitment as well. Either those two things or a crap load of baggage and/or injuries.

Pray you don't hear Foligno's name until he scores against San Jose.

Last edited by CockRoche on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

21Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:31 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Why Upshall, he is a spare part, a 3rd liner who is a UFA at the end of the year. I just don't see a fit between the two teams unless Murray is making a desperate move for Aucoin.

EDIT: Maybe Campoli for Aucoin would work....

Don't look at me, I'm not interested in anything Phoenix has, that they'd be willing to deal personally.

Fixed. I'd take Gormley and OEL pretty quickly. Yandle and Hanzal too.

22Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:33 pm

I think we have to start getting desparate with NJ players. Fisher for Zajac? Or do we revert back to the Fisher for Weber rumors?

23Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:35 pm

Kovalfie wrote:

I think we have to start getting desparate with NJ players. Fisher for Zajac? Or do we revert back to the Fisher for Weber rumors?

Both of those players are head and shoulders better than Mike Fisher. If either of those deals were available, and FIsher would waive, they'd be a no-brainer.

24Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:39 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I want Upshall beside Spezza.

I think he would make a dynamite complimentary winger (cue the "we don't need more complimentary guys" talk).

25Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:But Lee's on waivers though....what's the point in trading for him?

I don't know about Campoli though...if he's gone we need someone back for him (i.e D-man) and rather not have David Hale and Matt Carkner as our 3rd D pairing.

Upshall is the only one that makes sense, i agree on that. However judging from the banter around the league, since Foligno was being looked at, I don't know how good this move really is if Foligno goes the other way.

Who's first on the waiver wire? I can't believe someone will grab him at nearly $900K/year for next year as well -- the guy hasn't played for over a month on a below-.500 team.

26Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:27 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd love to get Goncharov - would make a sweet duo with Gonchar in the future Razz

27Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:46 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:Phoenix is coming off a long winning streak that was just broken. I can't see them making huge changes.

If we are going to take some older d-man like Aucoin (if Gonchar can't help, why would this Cussing clown be able to), we better be getting a Wolski type.

Wolski has been benched at least once already that I know of. Maybe there is something there.
Our D is one place that I wouldn't mind seeing a lateral talent move. I have said that Campoli is now redundant on our new blueline Gonchard, Karlsson, Kuba. Adding a more defensive Dman who can eat minutes and play somewhat physically would be a nice add.

28Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:47 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:But Lee's on waivers though....what's the point in trading for him?

I don't know about Campoli though...if he's gone we need someone back for him (i.e D-man) and rather not have David Hale and Matt Carkner as our 3rd D pairing.

Upshall is the only one that makes sense, i agree on that. However judging from the banter around the league, since Foligno was being looked at, I don't know how good this move really is if Foligno goes the other way.

Who's first on the waiver wire? I can't believe someone will grab him at nearly $900K/year for next year as well -- the guy hasn't played for over a month on a below-.500 team.

I've been a Murray supporter, but that signing alone is cause for termination. If I'm in negotiations with that kid, it goes "you want a one way? gtfo of my office.... You want HOW much??? gtfo of my office.... You want TWO years? gtfo of my office.... Prove me you can play in this league first, on a one year, two way, minimum salary and then we'll talk about rewards."

It's up there with the Yashin, Dipietro, Redden, Drury, Gomez signings: Worst signing EVER!

29Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:51 pm

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Man it's going to suck if we lose to the Sharks on Thursday.

30Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:58 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

cash wrote:
wprager wrote:

I've been a Murray supporter, but that signing alone is cause for termination. If I'm in negotiations with that kid, it goes "you want a one way? gtfo of my office.... You want HOW much??? gtfo of my office.... You want TWO years? gtfo of my office.... Prove me you can play in this league first, on a one year, two way, minimum salary and then we'll talk about rewards."

It's up there with the Yashin, Dipietro, Redden, Drury, Gomez signings: Worst signing EVER!

If you're serious you're crazy.

If you're kidding then...good one.

31Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ohnoes! Don't trade our first unless it's for a hell of a forward - on contract!

32Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:25 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

stempniaksen wrote:
cash wrote:I've been a Murray supporter, but that signing alone is cause for termination. If I'm in negotiations with that kid, it goes "you want a one way? gtfo of my office.... You want HOW much??? gtfo of my office.... You want TWO years? gtfo of my office.... Prove me you can play in this league first, on a one year, two way, minimum salary and then we'll talk about rewards."

If you're serious you're crazy.

If you're kidding then...good one.

Nothing at all wrong with his first paragraph, nothing IMO.

I think I know what he was getting at with his second train of thought. Cash says it like it is, I like his style.

33Ottawa trade rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:
hemlock wrote:Phoenix is coming off a long winning streak that was just broken. I can't see them making huge changes.

Our D is one place that I wouldn't mind seeing a lateral talent move. I have said that Campoli is now redundant on our new blueline Gonchard, Karlsson, Kuba. Adding a more defensive Dman who can eat minutes and play somewhat physically would be a nice add.

Seriously, Hale could fill in a more solid version of Campoli with Carkner on his right. As far as I am concerned we can deal Lee+Campoli for something as little as cap room to make doghouse moves. Yes, a little of that is my draft pool GM talking (I took Campoli Facepalm ) but, seriously, neither one of them is helping us in the short-term, and perhaps with two of them we could actually get a 2nd round pick.

Either that, or play our third pairing as forwards, insert Hale/Lee and sit out two forwards (one of whom should be married to a country superstar).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum