GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa trade rumours

+28
dawg's wife
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
garblar
TheAvatar
spader
Hoags
asq2
rooneypoo
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
shabbs
The Silfer Server
Sens4thecup
cash
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
CockRoche
SDH89
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 35]

361Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:16 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

from hockey 30:
Toujours du côté d'Ottawa, les noms d'Alex Kovalev et de Jason Spezza ont été placés sur le marché des transactions. Spezza devra toutefois accepter de lever sa clause de non-échange.
they're saying that along with kovalev spezza has been made available.

personaly i wouldn't much thought into what this site say. they're in the know when they talk about the habs but not so with other teams.

the new piece also states that maybe ottawa's owner should show the door to one of the leagues worst GM... they clearly don't know anything about his drafting skills.

362Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:01 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

I don't trust anything coming from Montreal TBH. I think this city is too much in love with their team they are the most clueless when it comes to the rest of the league.
You just have to watch RDS to get that feeling Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 489887

363Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Drafting vs. Trading vs. poor personnel decisions? I really don't think you can argue that he is good solely on drafting.

364Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Drafting vs. Trading vs. poor personnel decisions? I really don't think you can argue that he is good solely on drafting.
i'm not saying he's the best GM, but he's far from being the worst.

365Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Drafting vs. Trading vs. poor personnel decisions? I really don't think you can argue that he is good solely on drafting.

Speaking of poor personnel decisions, what of the latest "Ottawa trade rumours?"

366Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:33 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Speaking of poor personnel decisions, what of the latest "Ottawa trade rumours?"
murray was ordered the smolked salmon bagel but when it came it looked dodgy and traded it in for the gouda melt.

367Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:49 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

murray was ordered the smolked salmon bagel but when it came it looked dodgy and traded it in for the gouda melt.

Turns out the salmon bagel was delicious, and the gouda melt gave him food poisoning. Another lost trade.

368Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SDH89 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Turns out the salmon bagel was delicious, and the gouda melt gave him food poisoning. Another lost trade.
Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 164414

369Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:46 pm

dawg's wife

Prospect
Prospect

Personel decisions is hard to comment about because we assume he had his pick of the litter. It's possible the pool of players willing to sign here was small, and it's possible the Owner was pushing for certain players.

Trading is another beast...please detail to me (aside from Heatley) which trades show him to be a poor GM. I doubt there is more than one and I think I could argue that they are all decent trades...

July 17, 2007 – Traded Peter Schaefer to the Boston Bruins in exchange for Shean Donovan
February 11, 2008 – Traded Joe Corvo and Patrick Eaves to the Carolina Hurricanes for Mike Commodore and Cory Stillman.
February 26, 2008 – Traded a sixth-round draft pick in 2008 (#169, Ben Smith) to the Chicago Blackhawks for Martin Lapointe
June 25, 2008 - Traded Brian McGrattan to the Phoenix Coyotes for the Boston Bruins' fifth-round draft pick in 2009 (#146, Jeff Costello)
August 29, 2008 – Traded Andrej Meszaros to the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Filip Kuba, Alexandre Picard and San Jose's first-round draft pick (previously acquired) in 2009.
September 2, 2008 – Traded Lawrence Nycholat to the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for Ryan Shannon
November 10, 2008 - Traded Alexander Nikulin to the Phoenix Coyotes for Drew Fata
February 20, 2009 – Traded Dean McAmmond and San Jose's first-round draft pick in 2009 (#26, Kyle Palmieri) to the New York Islanders in exchange for Mike Comrie and Chris Campoli
March 4, 2009 - Traded Antoine Vermette to the Columbus Blue Jackets for Pascal Leclaire and a second-round draft pick in 2009 (#46, Robin Lehner).
September 12, 2009 - Traded Dany Heatley and a fifth-round draft pick in 2010 to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for Milan Michalek, Jonathan Cheechoo and San Jose's second-round draft pick in 2010.
February 12, 2010 - Traded Alexandre Picard and a second-round draft pick in 2011 to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for Matt Cullen.
March 2, 2010 - Traded a second-round draft pick in 2010 to the New York Islanders in exchange for Andy Sutton.
June 25, 2010 - Traded a first-round draft pick in 2010(#16, Vladimir Tarasenko) to the St. Louis Blues in exchange for David Rundblad.

DW

370Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:01 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dawg's wife wrote:

Personel decisions is hard to comment about because we assume he had his pick of the litter. It's possible the pool of players willing to sign here was small, and it's possible the Owner was pushing for certain players.

Trading is another beast...please detail to me (aside from Heatley) which trades show him to be a poor GM. I doubt there is more than one and I think I could argue that they are all decent trades...

July 17, 2007 – Traded Peter Schaefer to the Boston Bruins in exchange for Shean Donovan
February 11, 2008 – Traded Joe Corvo and Patrick Eaves to the Carolina Hurricanes for Mike Commodore and Cory Stillman.
February 26, 2008 – Traded a sixth-round draft pick in 2008 (#169, Ben Smith) to the Chicago Blackhawks for Martin Lapointe
June 25, 2008 - Traded Brian McGrattan to the Phoenix Coyotes for the Boston Bruins' fifth-round draft pick in 2009 (#146, Jeff Costello)
August 29, 2008 – Traded Andrej Meszaros to the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Filip Kuba, Alexandre Picard and San Jose's first-round draft pick (previously acquired) in 2009.
September 2, 2008 – Traded Lawrence Nycholat to the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for Ryan Shannon
November 10, 2008 - Traded Alexander Nikulin to the Phoenix Coyotes for Drew Fata
February 20, 2009 – Traded Dean McAmmond and San Jose's first-round draft pick in 2009 (#26, Kyle Palmieri) to the New York Islanders in exchange for Mike Comrie and Chris Campoli
March 4, 2009 - Traded Antoine Vermette to the Columbus Blue Jackets for Pascal Leclaire and a second-round draft pick in 2009 (#46, Robin Lehner).
September 12, 2009 - Traded Dany Heatley and a fifth-round draft pick in 2010 to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for Milan Michalek, Jonathan Cheechoo and San Jose's second-round draft pick in 2010.
February 12, 2010 - Traded Alexandre Picard and a second-round draft pick in 2011 to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for Matt Cullen.
March 2, 2010 - Traded a second-round draft pick in 2010 to the New York Islanders in exchange for Andy Sutton.
June 25, 2010 - Traded a first-round draft pick in 2010(#16, Vladimir Tarasenko) to the St. Louis Blues in exchange for David Rundblad.

DW

I think if he held on to a few of the guys he picked up in trade we'd be singing a different tune right now.

371Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:08 pm

dawg's wife

Prospect
Prospect

SeawaySensFan wrote:
dawg's wife wrote:

DW

I think if he held on to a few of the guys he picked up in trade we'd be singing a different tune right now.

To that I'd argue that at the time with the playoffs on the horizon most of the trades the majority of the people were happy with. I don't remember too many people screaming about Cullen or Sutton being bad trades...Picard maybe, but really you think having Picard right now would be making a huge difference.

Losing Vermette is the biggest loss (besides Heatley and that's one that was forced on Murray from both Player and Owner), and in the Vermette deal we ended getting Lehner.

372Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:32 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dawg's wife wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
dawg's wife wrote:

DW

To that I'd argue that at the time with the playoffs on the horizon most of the trades the majority of the people were happy with. I don't remember too many people screaming about Cullen or Sutton being bad trades...Picard maybe, but really you think having Picard right now would be making a huge difference.

Losing Vermette is the biggest loss (besides Heatley and that's one that was forced on Murray from both Player and Owner), and in the Vermette deal we ended getting Lehner.

Obviously not, but I can tell you I would sooner have Stillman at 3.5 than Kovalev at 5 million right now. I'm not going to get into other examples but I'm sure you get the idea.

373Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:12 pm

dawg's wife

Prospect
Prospect

SeawaySensFan wrote:
dawg's wife wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Obviously not, but I can tell you I would sooner have Stillman at 3.5 than Kovalev at 5 million right now. I'm not going to get into other examples but I'm sure you get the idea.

Again, I'll comment that you assume that we could have resigned Stillman. I know it's hard to accept, but Ottawa is not a top tier team on Free Agents lists. Ottawa in fact has to hope for plan B players, or overpay for existing FA (see Gonchar). Cullen and Stillman are examples of guys who were not interested in signing here. You can't assume that Bryan Murray has his pick of FA's because that isn't true.

374Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:15 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I had a dream last night that Murray made a trade for Arnott at the deadline...

375Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:16 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

dawg's wife wrote:Again, I'll comment that you assume that we could have resigned Stillman. I know it's hard to accept, but Ottawa is not a top tier team on Free Agents lists. Ottawa in fact has to hope for plan B players, or overpay for existing FA (see Gonchar). Cullen and Stillman are examples of guys who were not interested in signing here. You can't assume that Bryan Murray has his pick of FA's because that isn't true.
I'm not sure why people find this hard to believe... unless the player has personal ties to Ottawa or surrounding area... it's an up-hill battle for Murray methinks.

376Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dawg's wife wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
dawg's wife wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Again, I'll comment that you assume that we could have resigned Stillman. I know it's hard to accept, but Ottawa is not a top tier team on Free Agents lists. Ottawa in fact has to hope for plan B players, or overpay for existing FA (see Gonchar). Cullen and Stillman are examples of guys who were not interested in signing here. You can't assume that Bryan Murray has his pick of FA's because that isn't true.

All I said was that if some those guys had stuck around those trades would look better now.

377Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

dawg's wife wrote:

DW

If I MUST comment, even though all I did was make a statement saying that one aspect is not enough to make a judgment of his abilities... then:

Hiring and firing 2 coaches in 2 years is a huge sign of poor judgement. How one still has a job after that is very puzzling. I suppose you could apply this to players as well, in that he signed and subsequently bought out same players or traded them. And that some of these players had negative labels attached to them in the community, to sign questionable characters says something about his abilities too.

Of the trades you mentioned, I have a problem with trading picks for players that no longer are here and many of whom contributed nothing to the team. I did not believe the team was good enough with or without those players brought in to win a cup, and giving up picks that turn into players that could very well end up in the NHL is disappointing to a team that lacks depth. I find it funny that Murray thought the team had enough depth to throw away picks like he did.

That is my opinion, and I think I did a good job supporting it.

378Ottawa trade rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:35 pm

dawg's wife

Prospect
Prospect

SeawaySensFan wrote:
All I said was that if some those guys had stuck around those trades would look better now.

I get you now...I understand...I'm a woman and sometimes I'm a little slow....

You're right, but we're not the only team that has that issue when it comes to Rental Playoff Players. Dawg has finally drilled it into me that when it comes to playoff rentals, you have to convince yourself that they are not going to be here past the playoffs. if they do it's a bonus, but most never do.

Looking at those trades, there aren't any (besides the heatley) that I would say was a very poor trade. At the time of each one I thought they all had merit and believed in them all. Looking back now, a lot of the players traded away never played in the NHL or played one maybe 2 more years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum