GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa trade rumours

+28
dawg's wife
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
garblar
TheAvatar
spader
Hoags
asq2
rooneypoo
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
shabbs
The Silfer Server
Sens4thecup
cash
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
CockRoche
SDH89
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 35]

436Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:40 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
Michallica wrote:
shabbs wrote:DallasDave is reporting that the Sens and Pens have been talking about Kovalev... hmmm....

http://twitter.com/Dallas_Dave/status/23121203375898624

Yeah....all Shero will say is "tell kovalev to waive his NMC, then waive him, then re-call him, and we'll take it from there".
And Melnyk will say: "Make it so."

And then Kovlev will say: "Did you see my latest YouTube video? I am best!"

Do it.. even if the return is a bag of pucks...

437Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:42 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Michallica wrote:
shabbs wrote:DallasDave is reporting that the Sens and Pens have been talking about Kovalev... hmmm....

http://twitter.com/Dallas_Dave/status/23121203375898624

Yeah....all Shero will say is "tell kovalev to waive his NMC, then waive him, then re-call him, and we'll take it from there".
And Melnyk will say: "Make it so."

And then Kovlev will say: "Did you see my latest workout DVD? I am the best"

Fixed Sarcasm

438Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:52 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tangradi please. No one else interest me and if you balk, we'll send Kovalev somewhere else. Please.

439Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:44 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Tangradi please. No one else interest me and if you balk, we'll send Kovalev somewhere else. Please.
depres???
we can flip him somewhere else after.

440Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:46 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so Langenbrunner on the move eh??? the first of a long series of trades i hope. takes one big one to get the avalanche going. could be nice to not wait till the deadline to see actual trades.

441Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:02 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Tangradi please. No one else interest me and if you balk, we'll send Kovalev somewhere else. Please.

You should also be interested in Dustin Jeffrey, as he is Pittsburgh's best offensive forward prospect right now.

and they would never give Tangradi or Jeffrey to get Alex freakin' Kovalev, the guy who has 0 value right now.

442Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:26 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I can't imagine the Sens getting anything for Kovalev. I think the best they will be able to do is get a longshot prospect.

443Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:34 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

everywhere i look i hear the kings are trying to make a trade to acquire top 6 talent... god can't we do something there? they are loaded to the tits with talented prospects, COME ON!!!

( unfortunately i think the only thing they might want is Alfie, which i would find very hard to part with, would take a hell of a package, which they could put together...)

444Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:38 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Who are some guys we'd want back for Alfie (God forbid)? Moller? Schenn would likely be untouchable. Teubert? Hickey? (Not that we need defence). Simmonds?

445Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:00 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lee for Kopitar so we can fix that Muckler blunder once and for all...

Wink

Dare to dream...

446Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:04 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:So the rumour is Ottawa and Phoenix are working on a deal. Travis Yost has a source saying it's in the league office awaiting approval.
Well, I guess that never went anywhere...

Wink

Travis' source was his toilet bowl methinks...

447Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Who are some guys we'd want back for Alfie (God forbid)? Moller? Schenn would likely be untouchable. Teubert? Hickey? (Not that we need defence). Simmonds?

I think it's a PR nightmare unless you get B.Schenn back.

448Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:Who are some guys we'd want back for Alfie (God forbid)? Moller? Schenn would likely be untouchable. Teubert? Hickey? (Not that we need defence). Simmonds?

I think it's a PR nightmare unless you get B.Schenn back.
and i don't think it's impossible though... alfie is a proven leader/ playoff hero (well the cup run we had he was the lone white knight in the finals even though we lost)
i'd class him in the Raymond Bourque category. plus it's not like he's a playoff rental. you have 2 more years of his service. i don't think it's impossible to demand schenn AND Hickey/Teubert. to be honest it doesn't matter if we have too many stud D prospects, we can flip one for a forward prospect with another team after. you take the best man available.

449Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:39 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:So the rumour is Ottawa and Phoenix are working on a deal. Travis Yost has a source saying it's in the league office awaiting approval.
Well, I guess that never went anywhere...

Wink

Travis' source was his toilet bowl methinks...

How long ago was that? Great return would have been Scottie Upshall.

450Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:20 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:and i don't think it's impossible though... alfie is a proven leader/ playoff hero (well the cup run we had he was the lone white knight in the finals even though we lost)
i'd class him in the Raymond Bourque category. plus it's not like he's a playoff rental. you have 2 more years of his service. i don't think it's impossible to demand schenn AND Hickey/Teubert. to be honest it doesn't matter if we have too many stud D prospects, we can flip one for a forward prospect with another team after. you take the best man available.

I would disagree and say it is impossible. There is no way Alfie will ever be traded from Ottawa. He signed his current deal with the intention of finishing his career where it started, and that's exactly what will happen.

What would be great is if we could get someone to take Gonchar off our hands, but his cap hit and term (2 more years) make that all but impossible I think. That three year deal isn't looking very good right now.

451Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:04 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:and i don't think it's impossible though... alfie is a proven leader/ playoff hero (well the cup run we had he was the lone white knight in the finals even though we lost)

I would disagree and say it is impossible. There is no way Alfie will ever be traded from Ottawa. He signed his current deal with the intention of finishing his career where it started, and that's exactly what will happen.

What would be great is if we could get someone to take Gonchar off our hands, but his cap hit and term (2 more years) make that all but impossible I think. That three year deal isn't looking very good right now.
that's the same speech people were saying about raymond bourque.
when alfie signed his extension we were still looking somewhat like a contender. realistically there is no way Alfie will ever win a cup in ottawa. but i'd say he's get us the best result in a trade. listen, speaking from the heart, no one wants to see Alfie go. he's done everything for this club. but if approached and asked if he wants a shot at the cup and what teams he might want to go to. he might want one last shot. there's no doubt we could get some young help in return. and do be frank, we need to get young and better up front fast. we have no high end blue chips up there.
don't get me wrong, if we can trade anyone else on the roster (except EK) to fill that need, then go for it. but realistically??? we're stuck between a rock and a hard place. we have to do what's best for the team without stabbing anyone or ourselves in the back.

452Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:07 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

that would send the wrong message. you can't trade a guy after he's signed a deal. what does that say to any potential FA we want to give contracts to? plus gonchar is being badly used on a mis-coached team. we aren't using him to his true value or potential. i'm sure we'll see a different (better) side before long.

453Ottawa trade rumours - Page 30 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Way too soon to trade Gonch and it does make the Sens look bad. He'll do good mentoring Rundblad and Wiercioch.

Look at how Goligoski and Letang turned out.

That's worth $5.5M.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum