GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?!

+5
jamvan
COLLAR UP
shabbs
smash88
Cronie
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

If this trade goes down, will Ottawa be:

Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Vote_lcap2100%Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 100% [ 1 ]
Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:47 am

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

I think I had about 47 mini strokes watching Saturday's game....

17Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:54 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, I didn't get a chance to watch the first game vs Montrea, but I heard about the score. What were the goals like? Should Gerber have had them?

18Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:00 pm

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I think I had about 47 mini strokes watching Saturday's game....

Yeah didn't catch Sat's game but if it was anything like last year, then I definitely hear ya... Gerber has never been good with rebounds... It will always be his problem his whole career...

19Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:20 pm

bluewhiteandgolf

bluewhiteandgolf
Prospect
Prospect

khabi waived??
E5 (yeah I know, probably means it won't happen)

20Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:30 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

You know this could be why he decided to bring Elliott to Sweden

21Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:33 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ah-ha!! This is how rumors get more steam! LOL

22Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:54 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:You know this could be why he decided to bring Elliott to Sweden

LOL... you never know!

23Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What the hell did I miss? Khabby is an upgrade, but we need a rock on D, someone who can play D and run a PP. Someone with a name...Cam Barker isn't the answer, Brent Seabrooke is barely the answer. We need someone with pedigree to run the PP and move the puck. This is not where I would be looking personally.

Do you guys know what I mean? I'm not dissing Barker or Seabrooke, I like them both, but I'm nervous it would be more of the same. We need a bonafide PP QB/puck moved. Khabby would be a nice guy to get, but the cost?

24Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:03 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Let's say this deal goes down, and Gerber isn't going the other way. Then that leaves the option to trade him for a defenceman.

Still, do we want to part with Neil already?

25Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:04 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:What the hell did I miss? Khabby is an upgrade, but we need a rock on D, someone who can play D and run a PP. Someone with a name...Cam Barker isn't the answer, Brent Seabrooke is barely the answer. We need someone with pedigree to run the PP and move the puck. This is not where I would be looking personally.

Do you guys know what I mean? I'm not dissing Barker or Seabrooke, I like them both, but I'm nervous it would be more of the same. We need a bonafide PP QB/puck moved. Khabby would be a nice guy to get, but the cost?

I hear you on that... At the same time though, I'm of the opinion that we ain't getting anywhere with Gerber... Khabibulin is alot more solid than Gerber is, which is what the sens need, someone they can count on to make the routine save... I understand we still need a puck moving defenseman but it may take a bit.. There really isn't much out there right now, but I think this year to be competitive we need to make this move to get Gerber out... my honest opinion....

26Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
I hear you on that... At the same time though, I'm of the opinion that we ain't getting anywhere with Gerber... Khabibulin is alot more solid than Gerber is, which is what the sens need, someone they can count on to make the routine save... I understand we still need a puck moving defenseman but it may take a bit.. There really isn't much out there right now, but I think this year to be competitive we need to make this move to get Gerber out... my honest opinion....

Okay so getting rid of Gerber = 3.7
McAmmond = 0.9
Schubert = 0.9

5.5 million saved. Khabby is 6.75, we have 3.5 in extra cap space.

It works like a glove, then we can start looking for the puck mover with almost 3 million dollars to spend. At the deadline that's 12 million. Getting in the right direction (no offense Gerber, I'm sorry, I like you, but I don't trust you).

I think Khabby could happen, but he'd have to get on a plane ASAP.

EDIT: Packaging Schubert and a good prospect like Zubov and a high pick could land us what we're looking for. Seems a little late for this kind of thing, but I'm not 100% on our D past Smith, A-Train and Phillips. I like Kuba, but I certainly don't love him.

27Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:42 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ummmm... Interesting points Heater.

For that to go down, assuming Murray were to claim Khabi in the next 10 hours or so, he would need to find a suitor(s) for Deano and Schubie; where the latter shouldn't be a problem IMHO, but Deano is a little iffy.

28Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:53 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:ummmm... Interesting points Heater.

For that to go down, assuming Murray were to claim Khabi in the next 10 hours or so, he would need to find a suitor(s) for Deano and Schubie; where the latter shouldn't be a problem IMHO, but Deano is a little iffy.

Yeah that's my point, who would want a guy like McAmmond or Donovan?

I'm pretty sure Shubs wouldn't have a problem finding a home, and Donovan is only making 600K so that makes it a little easier for him...

Yeah it may be a little harder than expected to shuffle around...

29Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Again, this is just a rumour, but Colorado has interest in Schubert and Gerber (if they can't get Khabby). Leopold would come our way.

Just a rumour...don't put too much stock in it.

30Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:56 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:

Again, this is just a rumour, but Colorado has interest in Schubert and Gerber (if they can't get Khabby). Leopold would come our way.

Just a rumour...don't put too much stock in it.

I have the feeling this could drag on for a couple of days, LOL... Looks like the speculations will go on for a little while at least!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum