GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smoke about to turn to fire? Sens/Columbus talking turkey

+10
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
Acrobat
Cronie
Phoenix30
dennycrane
Riprock
asq2
PKC
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

According to Pierre Lebrun on the Fan 990 and then echoed on the Fan 640, the Sens and the BJs are closing in on a deal. No one seems to know the exact pieces, but Lebrun said it was centered around Pascal Leclaire.

My 2 cents is:

To Ottawa:
Fredrik Modin (LW, 1 more year at 3.2)
Pascal Leclaire (2 more years at 3.8
Kris Russell (1 more year at 750K)

To Columbus:
Antoine Vermette (1 more year at 2.75)
Martin Gerber (UFA)
Christoph Schubert (0.9, 1 more year)

Why Schubert? Because you have to pay a little extra to get teams to take on contracts like Leclaire.

My opinion? Elliot and Leclaire could be the coolest tandem in the league, but I dislike spending that much $$ on a tender who's always injured. The upside is: Elliot will get plenty of playing time. So where would Auld go? Who knows.

Anyway, there's definitely some legs to the Columbus/Ottawa rumours.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Looks like an OK trade to me. I'm not exactly in love with Leclaire, but he definitely is better than Gerber, and if he stays healthy, could be exactly what we had hoped Gerber to be.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

We've been close to a deal for about 10 months now.

I'll believe it when I see it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dregger just said it was: "A centerman, a goalie and a grinding winger" for a goalie and a D-man from Columbus.

He said it would prevent Elliot from being the starter for the shortterm.

Tyutin and Leclaire for Gerber (or possibly Auld), Vermette and Neil? Hmmm.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Tyutin? No thank you.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'm really not one to doubt Murray's eye for talent, but this trade has me puzzled.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Dream Scenario:

Fisher/Neil/Gerber

for

Leclaire/Russell

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I remember a hockey team who had a good young goalie that the team had signed to a great contract. The thought was to acquire a veteran backup, in case the young goalie failed. Inexplicably, management brought in a goalie at close to 4 million per season after that goalie had a career year.

Three years ago, the players were Ray Emery and Martin Gerber, when we should have got Alex Auld.

This year, the players sound like Elliott, Leclaire, and we already have Auld.

I say don't make the same mistake twice. Unless Murray has something else cooking for Leclaire.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:Tyutin? No thank you.

Are you kidding? Tyutin's a stud. He's like Zbynek Michalek: incredibly under-valued.

They won't give him up though. They gave up Zherdev to get him.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Also, it's "Dreger." :D

Not that it matters.

dennycrane wrote:I remember a hockey team who had a good young goalie that the team had signed to a great contract. The thought was to acquire a veteran backup, in case the young goalie failed. Inexplicably, management brought in a goalie at close to 4 million per season after that goalie had a career year.

Three years ago, the players were Ray Emery and Martin Gerber, when we should have got Alex Auld.

This year, the players sound like Elliott, Leclaire, and we already have Auld.

I say don't make the same mistake twice. Unless Murray has something else cooking for Leclaire.
when did Gerber have a career year?

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

I'm hoping that there is a pick added to the mix coming back to Ottawa. Even if its a 2nd rounder in 09.

I hope it isn't Tyutin.

BRING BACK COMMODORE! His contract is pretty reasonable :lol!:

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

YearTeamGPWLOTLGAGAASOShotsSVSV%
2005-06 60381461622.783171915570.906

Those were the numbers that got Gerber his deal with Ottawa. Funny enough, his numbers last year in Ottawa were better.

YearTeamGPWLOTLGAGAASOShotsSVSV%
2007-08 57301841452.722161914740.910

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Let's just wait and see what Murray does...

Fact is, I'm been getting quite excited at the prospect of landing Tavares or Hedman, so I don't know if I want our guys to right ship and go on a tear unless it gets us a cup, which won't happen, so I say stay where you are and reap the benefits at the draft

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum