GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen?

+17
Sens4thecup
KidKarlsson
Devo
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
davetherave
M_Christopher
PTFlea
asq2
Hoags
Sens19
LeCaptain
Hayden
rooneypoo
shabbs
dennycrane
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 17]

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

If this is true, I'll drive the former Sens to Chicago myself.

From www.senschirp.ca

The rumours with the Chicago Blackhawks are back on the front burner this weekend.

The Hawks have some serious cap issues right now and the Senators might be willing to take a player of their hands. Word is the Senators have interest in defenceman Cam Barker.

Ottawa would apparently send Ryan Shannon and Alex Picard to the Windy City in return. I would think draft picks would have to be involved as well.

I spoke to one contact this evening who actually suggested that this was a done deal but that the league had taken issue with it. There's talk the Hawks would could potentially put one or both Ottawa players on waivers if the deal was to go through.

This is just a rumour for now but definitely something to keep an eye on here. I'll update again if I hear anything more.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Hawks and (insert NHL team name here) trade rumours have been going like crazy since these three contracts were announced as being very close, and very big... I guess everyone is "jumping in" and the buzz is everywhere... it will be very hard to tell fact from fiction...

3Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? Empty Senschip: Sens and Hawks Talking Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:38 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I'll believe it when I see it... but here it is all the same:

http://www.senschirp.ca/2009/11/senators-and-hawks-talking.html

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Eep, I just made the exact same thread over in the Sens forum... Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? 68890

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As much as I'd love to see that... I'll believe it when I see it. If the Hawks are looking to "free up" a couple of million right now, this would do it and then allow them to satisfy the "tagging rule" that seems to be the issue with the Kane, Toews and Keith contracts.

Who knows.

What would the NHL take issue with in a trade like this?

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I don't understand the NHL's objection. Chicago is allowed to dump salary. It may look like the Hawks are doing the Sens a favour if they send a player, likely Shannon, down as soon as they acquire him.

Or even the NHL is stepping in and saying 'most one-sided trade ever'. Smile

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

Barker is on the ice - deal can't be that close.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Lol Shannon and Picard?? That's gotta be our 1st round pick that's going to them, or the 2 2nds.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:Lol Shannon and Picard?? That's gotta be our 1st round pick that's going to them, or the 2 2nds.

I don't think Barker is worth Shannon, Picard AND a first round pick

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I think he is. He is a 3rd overall pick after all. Let's compare it to the MEszaros Trade:
Kuba >>> Shannon
Picard = Picard
1st=1st
Plus, Barker is better than MEszaros signed a 1M less for 3 years.

I would totally do it. Barker with our 3 prospects D is just potentially epic.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:I think he is. He is a 3rd overall pick after all. Let's compare it to the MEszaros Trade:
Kuba >>> Shannon
Picard = Picard
1st=1st

Meh for some reason I'm not too excited about Barker, mainly cause I was really hoping for Seabrook. But anyways I won't believe it till I see it and Barker is on ice tonight, isn't that an indication that nothing is close to getting done?

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

A rumour is a rumour, I'll just add this to the pile of Sens/Hawks ones that have come out in the last weeks. But you can be sure Seabrook and Keith won't be going anywhere if Barker and Campbell are still there.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I think the Sopel rumours are far more likely to come true

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:I think he is. He is a 3rd overall pick after all. Let's compare it to the MEszaros Trade:
Kuba >>> Shannon
Picard = Picard
1st=1st

Our first has the potential to >> SJ's first.

I would give up one of our 2nds as well. Keep in mind Barker has never shown himself to be as good in the NHL as Mez was in his rookie season, and the 'Hawks are in a pernicious situation contracts-wise.

Plus, they just, well, owe us. Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? Icon_wink

Too bad Barker isn't a right-handed defenceman.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:I think the Sopel rumours are far more likely to come true

In that case, it better be their first coming with him. Latest Sens/Hawks Rumour: solid or smokescreen? 270956

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 17]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum