GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Empty Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Odd one, and pretty much 99.9 percent speculation, but last week I had a PM from someone I kind of trust centering on a Colorado/Sens trade. He didn't know who was involved, but he did think it was Spezza.

Now on HFBoards, there's a rumour of Liles and Svatos for Vermette and Schubert.

There's some conflicting reports on this, some people think that Colorado would want Auld or Gerber (please!) and some others that think that Colorado has given up on Sakic ever returning and is thinking SJ's 1st rounder or Ottawa's 2nd rounder (which are gonna be pretty much equivalent).

I don't know about you guys, but I'd be on this like white on rice IF Liles is okay playing in Canada. Some Americans sign in the US for a reason obviously.

Third time I've heard of the Sens/Avs talking. Smoke - fire?

2Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Empty Re: Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:59 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Liles and Svatos for Vermette and Schubert? I'd be allllll over that one. Sign it before the Colorado GM wakes up :D

Edit: Woohoo I'm a member of the 1600 plus post club now!

- Unknown Author

3Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Empty Re: Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:05 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Liles and Svatos for Vermette and Schubert? I'd be allllll over that one. Sign it before the Colorado GM wakes up :D

Plus a 2nd round from Ottawa or possible SJ's 1st rounder (although Murray won't move that I don't think).

4Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Empty Re: Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:12 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Liles and Svatos for Vermette and Schubert? I'd be allllll over that one. Sign it before the Colorado GM wakes up :D

Plus a 2nd round from Ottawa or possible SJ's 1st rounder (although Murray won't move that I don't think).

For the 2nd rounder I'd still be all over it.

- Unknown Author

5Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Empty Re: Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:20 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
504Heater wrote:

unless Murray has some delusions of making the final this year, we won't be trading draft picks. 1st and 2nd round picks ( even 3rd) are now Gold and can't be easily thrown around unless it's a "Win Now" type of year.

If we're helping Colorado so they can make the playoffs THIS year, it's going to be them giving US picks...all that said I'd still give them a 4th rd pick to TAKE Gerber Smile

6Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Empty Re: Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:21 am

504Heater wrote:

One of the reasons Murray is less likely to move SJ's 1st rounder is it becomes move valuable in the off season should SJ decide they want to sign a RFA. I know it isn't likely because of their cap situation, however having leverage over a team in terms of owning picks they would need in order to submit an offer sheet is very valuable.

So too is Ottawa's 2nd round pick should they shed salary and want to sign RFA's next year that 2nd round pick is very valuable. If I remember right Ottawa has already given it's 3rd round pick to Nashville so they may be more likely to give their 2nd than SJ's 1st, but seeing they don't have a 3rd rounder I'm guessing they won't trade picks and instead throw in prospects.

Just another note...

Can I say how impressed I've been with Bell and Lee in the last 3 games. Yes I know they lost, and some might say they didn't play particularly well, but consider who and what these guys are. Really they are guys who on most teams would average 12-15 minutes a game and likely most of the PP time. Because of injuries they are playing upwards of 22 minutes in all situations and in most cases against top 6 forwards.

Considering that I think they are playing way above where they normally would be and doing a good job at that.

Dawg's wife

7Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Empty Re: Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:29 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

Dawg's Wife wrote:
504Heater wrote:

One of the reasons Murray is less likely to move SJ's 1st rounder is it becomes move valuable in the off season should SJ decide they want to sign a RFA. I know it isn't likely because of their cap situation, however having leverage over a team in terms of owning picks they would need in order to submit an offer sheet is very valuable.

So too is Ottawa's 2nd round pick should they shed salary and want to sign RFA's next year that 2nd round pick is very valuable. If I remember right Ottawa has already given it's 3rd round pick to Nashville so they may be more likely to give their 2nd than SJ's 1st, but seeing they don't have a 3rd rounder I'm guessing they won't trade picks and instead throw in prospects.

Just another note...

Can I say how impressed I've been with Bell and Lee in the last 3 games. Yes I know they lost, and some might say they didn't play particularly well, but consider who and what these guys are. Really they are guys who on most teams would average 12-15 minutes a game and likely most of the PP time. Because of injuries they are playing upwards of 22 minutes in all situations and in most cases against top 6 forwards.

Considering that I think they are playing way above where they normally would be and doing a good job at that.

Dawg's wife

I saw that too...Lee and Bell were very noticable for the right reasons last night.

Moving forward with them, Picard, Philips and Smith....we're really just lacking that 1# Dman.

Picard - 1#
Philips - Volch
Smith - Bell

That's on paper for next year....but it looks good. you never know, maybe Weircoch or Karlson make the jump mid-year, but I would be okay starting with that....now just who's that 1#?

8Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Empty Re: Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:32 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dawg's Wife wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Just another note...

Dawg's wife

I agree they definitely seem to be playing above expectations which is nice to see out of a Senator this season. I've also been impressed with how well Smith has played in the absence of Volchenkov especially his work in front of the net.

- Unknown Author

9Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Empty Re: Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:41 am

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

BigRig77 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
504Heater wrote:

unless Murray has some delusions of making the final this year, we won't be trading draft picks. 1st and 2nd round picks ( even 3rd) are now Gold and can't be easily thrown around unless it's a "Win Now" type of year.

If we're helping Colorado so they can make the playoffs THIS year, it's going to be them giving US picks...all that said I'd still give them a 4th rd pick to TAKE Gerber Smile

I can't see Colorado doing this deal without draft picks, Vermette and Schubert have been brutal this year

10Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Empty Re: Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:44 am

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

BigRig77 wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Just another note...

Dawg's wife

I saw that too...Lee and Bell were very noticable for the right reasons last night.

Moving forward with them, Picard, Philips and Smith....we're really just lacking that 1# Dman.

Picard - 1#
Philips - Volch
Smith - Bell

That's on paper for next year....but it looks good. you never know, maybe Weircoch or Karlson make the jump mid-year, but I would be okay starting with that....now just who's that 1#?

I see our defensive woes continuing if Pickard is one of our top d-men next year.

11Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Empty Re: Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:47 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
I agree they definitely seem to be playing above expectations which is nice to see out of a Senator this season. I've also been impressed with how well Smith has played in the absence of Volchenkov especially his work in front of the net.

I've been pooping all over Bell lately, but he had a nice, simple game last night. Lee, I'm very impressed with, snap first pass, obviously a good shot (when he uses it).

I've also now heard that the Sens might be showcasing Lee and that he might be the key to the Colorado deal, but then...people are just guessing I think.

12Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Empty Re: Rumour: Sens and Colorado talking Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:48 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Definitely need more than just one top PMD. Kuba would have been nice to keep but he's likely gone so if we had a Kuba type plus a Jay Bo type then our D would be set for sure.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum