GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?!

+5
jamvan
COLLAR UP
shabbs
smash88
Cronie
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

If this trade goes down, will Ottawa be:

Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Vote_lcap2100%Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Vote_rcap2 100% [ 1 ]
Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Vote_lcap20%Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Vote_lcap20%Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Empty Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:10 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kudos to Jam for bringing this up.

Hockeyleaks.com has the Sens and Hawks in a potential blockbuster.
It seems the Hawks will send Khabi and Barker to Ottawa in exchange for Chris Neil, a high-end pick and an unnamed roster player (Schubert?)

Apparently, Gerber is NOT going the other way, where the source speculates that Murray will find ANOTHER suitor for Gerber's services.

Check it out: http://www.hockeyleaks.com/index.php?page=rumors

2Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:17 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Well strike up the rumour mill again! LOL

I'm so torn with this trade, I think Khabi would be good but then again his salary is so high that I just don't know... Neil and Schubert or McAmmond would be alright I guess, I'm figuring the pick would either be SJ's 1st or our 2nd and then we would maybe get a late rounder back...

Then I figure Gerber would be pretty much given away a la Huet....

Well the more I think of it... I say we do it.. I just cannot see us winning a cup with Gerber...

3Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:19 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The poll seems to be "closed" as I can't vote in it...

4Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:21 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

I posted this is the rumour chat earlier this morning...but it is worth a read...

Take it for what it is...lol...but HB (EK) is reporting whipsers of a package to the East containing both Khabbi and a defenceman...

Al Cimaglia...on HB also has a good read...which suggests perhaps something is coming down the pipes...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16973&blogger_id=52

Who knows...but IF...and that is a BIG IF...the Sens are involved...who goes where?

5Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:23 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yeah, I saw that.

It's interesting because for me, who out there would want Gerber?

Maybe that fella from the citizen had it wrong...maybe it's Gerber that's getting waived, but ONLY IF this deal or something like it comes to fruition.

6Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:27 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:Oh yeah, I saw that.

Maybe that fella from the citizen had it wrong...maybe it's Gerber that's getting waived, but ONLY IF this deal or something like it comes to fruition.

It is the only thing that makes sense at this point...

7Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:29 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

LA could use Gerbs. I'm not huge on Khabby, but to get Barker would be good.

8Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:42 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:

I'm not huge on Khabby either, but it really cannot be worse than Gerber (I'm sorry I really can't stand the guy) and Barker I think would be a welcome addition... The more I think about it, the more I like the trade... We will see, I trust Bryan Murray he seems to always be able to pull something out of his hat in these situations...

9Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:46 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree. I have faith in Murray. He doesn't rush to make moves or allow himself to get squeezed or make of move out of desperation... We'll see what he cooks up!

10Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:57 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
jamvan wrote:

That's about where I stand. I don't dislike Gerber, but would take him leaving as well for Barker.

I'm not huge on Khabby either, but it really cannot be worse than Gerber (I'm sorry I really can't stand the guy) and Barker I think would be a welcome addition... The more I think about it, the more I like the trade... We will see, I trust Bryan Murray he seems to always be able to pull something out of his hat in these situations...

11Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:39 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I have an uneasy feeling about this team as is.

Gerber doesn't instill huge confidence right now. He's still Captain Rebound.

I'm ok with Krabby coming (as long as he wears #29 :-) )

the rumour just proves that Melnyk watched those 3 buffoons on TSN on Saturday go on about how Ottawa needs to make a trade blah blah blah

12Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:43 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I have an uneasy feeling about this team as is.

Gerber doesn't instill huge confidence right now. He's still Captain Rebound.

I'm ok with Krabby coming (as long as he wears #29 :-) )

the rumour just proves that Melnyk watched those 3 buffoons on TSN on Saturday go on about how Ottawa needs to make a trade blah blah blah

Right on the money, Gerber's rebound control is by far the worst i've seen in the NHL in a while, he got better last year, but he's still way worse then he should be....

13Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:47 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I think I had about 47 mini strokes watching Saturday's game....

14Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:54 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, I didn't get a chance to watch the first game vs Montrea, but I heard about the score. What were the goals like? Should Gerber have had them?

15Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Empty Re: Hawks and Sens talking Blockbuster?! Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:00 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I think I had about 47 mini strokes watching Saturday's game....

Yeah didn't catch Sat's game but if it was anything like last year, then I definitely hear ya... Gerber has never been good with rebounds... It will always be his problem his whole career...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum