GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

cheechoo on waivers according to McKenzie (clears waivers)

+24
garblar
Phoenix30
dennycrane
stempniaksen
LeCaptain
AlfieisGod11
TeamRenzo
Riprock
sens4win
SensGirl11
Hoags
rooneypoo
SensHulk
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
asq2
SensFan71
M_Christopher
BigRig
KidKarlsson
Urkie
Hobiesens
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 14]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:No chance he gets recalled if he clears. He'll be added to the Sens playoff roster for sure. A pretty neat move IMO.

PIT did this with Satan last year. Didn't work so well. Smile

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:Garbage. At first, I thought this was a precursor to another move, but then I realized that Cullen's salary is a prorated $2 million higher than Picard's. I wonder if this is our big splash.

Cheechoo being waived assumes that there is something more to be done.

Cullen is such a nice addition to this team. Now we need a similar non-flashy D-man. Johnsson, Zidlicky, Shane O'Brien (not in love with him, but he's a big dude), Sutton.

And no more picks! !!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:No chance he gets recalled if he clears. He'll be added to the Sens playoff roster for sure. A pretty neat move IMO.

Why, what happened?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:oh man...sad to see Cheechoo go cheechoo on waivers according to McKenzie (clears waivers) - Page 3 521674

But something had to give, that much was clear.

Putting him on waivers doesn't mean a thing if a) another team doesn't claim him (super unlikely) or b) Melnyk's not willing to eat up what remains of Cheechoo's salary this year by having him play in the minors.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Why, what happened?

He was awful during the year. He got waived and sent to the minors. Then he got called up during the playoffs. He and Sykora took turns sucking on Crosby's/Malkin's wings for a while, before Satan won out -- but he went on to not produce much at all.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Now that I think about it, why would we want him in the playoffs ?

If he can't produce during the regular season why would he produce during the playoffs when everyone steps up their game ?

Cullen is a vet at 33 and has a cup ring. Clouston doesn't even trust Cheechoo on the PP or with 5-minutes to go with us protecting a 1-goal lead.

If he can't be trusted in clutch situations what good is he ?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:oh man...sad to see Cheechoo go cheechoo on waivers according to McKenzie (clears waivers) - Page 3 521674

But something had to give, that much was clear.

Oh man, he's not going anywhere other than Bingo for a while, then back up here for the playoffs. HappyDance1

hmmm.... cheechoo on waivers according to McKenzie (clears waivers) - Page 3 952886

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:He was awful during the year. He got waived and sent to the minors. Then he got called up during the playoffs. He and Sykora took turns sucking on Crosby's/Malkin's wings for a while, before Satan won out -- but he went on to not produce much at all.

But they won the Cup!?!? Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Now that I think about it, why would we want him in the playoffs ?

If he can't produce during the regular season why would he produce during the playoffs when everyone steps up their game ?

Cullen is a vet at 33 and has a cup ring. Clouston doesn't even trust Cheechoo on the PP or with 5-minutes to go with us protecting a 1-goal lead.

If he can't be trusted in clutch situations what good is he ?

Just for depth in case of injuries.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I have a feeling that Murray got a call from a GM - possibly Carolina or someone similar saying they'd pick him up if they waived him for future considerations.

Murray and Carolina's GM (who is it?) have a great relationship.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:Now that I think about it, why would we want him in the playoffs ?

Cullen is a vet at 33 and has a cup ring. Clouston doesn't even trust Cheechoo on the PP or with 5-minutes to go with us protecting a 1-goal lead.If he can't be trusted in clutch situations what good is he ?

Well..he had him on the ice with 3:53 to go in last night's game. Boy was I cursing that move. Almost cost us the game too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I have a feeling that Murray got a call from a GM - possibly Carolina or someone similar saying they'd pick him up if they waived him for future considerations.

Murray and Carolina's GM (who is it?) have a great relationship.

Toronto? Ron Wilson coached him the last time he was successful.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

I actually think a team might claim him. He is such a good guy and a team with cap space that is also looking for goal scorers might take a chance on him.

He does suck but I feel bad for the guy and would like to see him do well somewhere. It's just not going to be here though.

At worst, he sits in the minors for the remainder of his contract.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:

I think he'll end up in Europe.

SensGirl11 wrote:
Well..he had him on the ice with 3:53 to go in last night's game. Boy was I cursing that move. Almost cost us the game too.

Hmm I misread the NHL stats a bit there Smile

Still I would scream if he messed up like that in a game 7.

I'd rather have Smith, Keller or St. Pierre if we need an injury replacement.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Wasn't L.A supposed to want cheech

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Urkie wrote:I actually think a team might claim him. He is such a good guy and a team with cap space that is also looking for goal scorers might take a chance on him.

He does suck but I feel bad for the guy and would like to see him do well somewhere. It's just not going to be here though.

Looking for goal-scorers? Look in other areas than Cheechoo IMO.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Wasn't L.A supposed to want cheech

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sens4win wrote:Wasn't L.A supposed to want cheech

For Moller is I remember the rumour. Facepalm

Sponsored content