GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heatley to the Oilers--Reported by Sportsnet & TSN

+11
Tuk Tuk
rooneypoo
wprager
Phoenix30
davetherave
PTFlea
jamvan
PKC
Snuh
asq2
Flo The Action
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ladislav smid penner and cogs!!!! heatley was asked to waive his clause from TSN....

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

cogs in ottawa... i'm excited. i would love to have eberle somehow or a 1st round pick. penner under murray? who knows... smid... don't know much about him to be honest....

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Blegh. Penner?

I would rather keep Heatley than acquire him.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
Done deal

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

asq2 wrote:Blegh. Penner?

But Heatley won't play. So how does that work?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Snuh wrote:
asq2 wrote:Blegh. Penner?

But Heatley won't play. So how does that work?

I think he'd play.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

The positives: cogliano + decent cap space.
The negative: the rest of the deal.

I'm not sure this deal helps the sens unless penner lights it up with fisher and foligno and cogs turns into a bonafide second/top line player.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:The positives: cogliano + decent cap space.
The negative: the rest of the deal.

I'm not sure this deal helps the sens unless penner lights it up with fisher and foligno and cogs turns into a bonafide second/top line player.

Not really. We acquire a terrible, terrible contract.

2 words...
Taylor Hall

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

notch4077 wrote:2 words...
Taylor Hall

We didn't become terrible. We became mediocre.

That's much, much worse.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I hear it's official, he has waived.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
notch4077 wrote:2 words...
Taylor Hall

We didn't become terrible. We became mediocre.

That's much, much worse.

Mediocre. I said that somewhere else on some other thread.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Here is the report from TSN tonight. Thanks to Flo for spotting this.

OILERS, SENATORS AGREE TO DEAL, ASK HEATLEY TO WAIVE NO-MOVE
TSN.ca Staff Report/June 30, 2009

Sources say Dany Heatley has been asked to waive his no-trade clause to go to Edmonton in exchange for Andrew Cogliano, Dustin Penner and Ladislav Smid.

If Heatley agrees to waive, it would appear the Sens and Oilers will have a deal, pending the official trade call with NHL central registry, but that is generally a formality.

Heatley informed the Senators in early June that despite having five-years remaining on a six-year contract extension that he recently signed that he wished to be moved. The contract calls for Heatley to make $7.5 million per season against the cap.

The veteran forward became unhappy with his role in Ottawa last season, especially after the Senators made a coaching change. Heatley discussed his concerns about what he felt was the limiting of his ice time, and his shift from the first power-play unit to the second unit with head coach Cory Clouston in the Senators end of season meetings.

The Senators have gone downhill since they appeared in the Stanley Cup Final in 2007.

In the 2007-08 season, the Senators had a hot-start, but then had a brutal second-half of the season and held on to seventh place in the Eastern Conference, only to get swept by the Pittsburgh Penguins.

This past season, the Senators never really got it going, and missed the playoffs.
Heatley notched 39 goals and 33 assists in 82 games last season. The 72 points were his lowest point totals in his four seasons with the Senators.

The 28 year-old, had back-to-back 50 goal seasons in 2005-06 and 2006-07.
The 26-year old Penner found himself in former Oilers' coach Craig MacTavish's dog house on more than one occasion during his two seasons in Edmonton.

Penner, who signed a five-year offer-sheet with the Oilers in 2007 has never really developed into the player that Edmonton hope. Last season, he recorded 17 goals and 20 assists in 78 games.

Penner has three-years remaining on his contract that will pay him $4,250,000 million per season.

Cogliano, who the Oilers drafted in the first round of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft has already played in two full NHL seasons.

In 2008-09, the 22-year old forward recorded 18 goals and 20 assists. He has one-year remaining on his three-year entry level contract that he signed in 2007.

The 23-year old Smid, has played three-seasons in the NHL. Last year, he recorded 11 assists in 60 games.

The 6'3" defensive man will give the Oilers some size on the blueline.
Penner, along with Smid both have ties to Senators general manager Bryan Murray from his time with the Anaheim Ducks.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Just in from Sportsnet:

Sens send Heatley to Oilers

Sources tell Sportsnet that the Ottawa Senators have traded disgruntled all-star Dany Heatley to the Edmonton Oilers for Andrew Cogliano, Dustin Penner and Ladislav Smid.

The Senators would have needed to pay Heatley a $4 milllion bonus at 12:01 am ET on July 1.

Heatley signed a six year, $45 million contract in October 2007, fresh off his second consecutive 50-goal season and a trip to the Stanley Cup Finals. But since then, things have gone downhill for both Heatley and the club. The sniper has scored 38 goals last season, while the Senators missed the playoffs for the first time since 1996.

with files from Canadian Press

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Dany turned down a deal to Edm two days ago...

He has accepted this deal for Cogliano, Smid, and Penner I am told, the sens have yet to admit that however...maybe the Sens have another deal?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum