GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heatley to the Oilers--Reported by Sportsnet & TSN

+11
Tuk Tuk
rooneypoo
wprager
Phoenix30
davetherave
PTFlea
jamvan
PKC
Snuh
asq2
Flo The Action
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

And it will only get wilder once free agent signings start, then the UFAs are off the market...

"Curiouser and curiouser..."

he has to sleep on it... frank you... just go already...

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

you better get us more by sleeping on it or I outta

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:Bumhole! Beautiful, beautiful man who's saving us from ourselves!

Fixed.

I wasn't specifically referring to that one, random act (which he was committing for purely selfish reasons).

Havlat9

Havlat9
Prospect
Prospect

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283382
The first thing you should know is that the Dany Heatley trade to Edmonton is not officially dead. At least not yet.
It's true that Dany Heatley
did not waive his no-movement clause when requested by the Edmonton
Oilers on Tuesday night, but that isn't to say it's not still possible
for him to waive it on Wednesday. He has, technically speaking, not
issued an outright refusal to move.

The confusion on all of this surrounded a perceived deadline of midnight Tuesday night for the Senators to move Heatley.
The Senators owe Heatley a $4 million signing bonus, to be paid on
July 1 (today). The widely-held belief was that if the Senators didn't
trade Heatley by July 1, or at midnight Tuesday night, they would be
stuck paying it and the expenditure would drastically alter the dynamic
of any Heatley trade and what the Senators expect to get in return.

Ottawa had agreed to a deal with the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night that would have sent Andrew Cogliano, Dustin Penner and Ladislav Smid
to the Senators in exchange for Heatley. Heatley was asked to waive his
no-movement clause by the Senators but he didn't oblige. Which is not
the same thing as an outright or unequivocal rejection.

The Senators are still on the clock in their window to trade Heatley
without absorbing the cost of the $4 million signing bonus and will be
until 11:59 p.m. eastern time on Wednesday night.

So while the Senators are painfully aware now that Heatley would in
all likelihood prefer not to go to Edmonton, and might look more
favorably on a deal to, say, the New York Rangers, another team that
was engaged in serious talks with the Senators on Tuesday night,
nothing has been settled with any degree of certainty.

No one should suggest Heatley is prepared to waive his no-movement
clause to go to Edmonton any more than it should be suggested he
absolutely won't.

That final decision has not been made because Heatley's agent, J.P.
Barry, believed the actual deadline was at 11:59 p.m. eastern on
Wednesday night, not 11:59 p.m. eastern on Tuesday night.

So the soap opera continues, and likely will for the better part of Canada Day and the NHL's annual free-agent frenzy.

-------

This guy is unbelievable, to think that he can reject a deal with his NTC after he asks for one, well..... Frustrated2 . There should be a rule against this, and swear to god if he stays put as a senator i'm sure every single sens fan will go out of there way to show him the true definition of hatred.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Is this guy the biggest gong-show in the NHL right now?

cas wrote:
As for the Edmonton thing, I'm pretty sure we can discount that immediately. Heatley may get forced to waive for Edmonton, but I would guess that the Oilers are at the very top of the list of teams he doesn't want to play for. I'm assuming the top 3 are Atlanta, Edmonton, and Phoenix, with Colorado and Nashville rounding out the top 5.

https://gmcentralhockey.forumotion.net/this-just-in-f7/ej-hradek-and-nhl-live-reporting-dany-heatley-has-requested-a-trade-t2503-870.htm#72110

Smile Just had to gloat a little bit. I was all over him not waiving for Edmonton. Like I said elsewhere: He's a Flames fan; its cold as Diddle there; Edmonton isn't a Blackhawks type contender; Heatley is a prick.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

This guy is turning out to be a bigger douchebag than I could have ever predicted!

Personally I wouldn't mind the deal that was offered by Edmonton, I know a lot of people do not like Penner and his contract but I think he would be a good fit in Ottawa. We have never really had an imposing forward such as Penner and we really haven't had someone who could park their but in front of the net on the PP.

Cogliano will be a good player and I believe the Murray drafted Smid. And we will have some $$ to aquire that top six forward that Murray has coveted for so long.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

oh; he's imposing alright; especially if you look at him sideways

Well, it looks like they've called off this deal .... they are having this little "free agent frenzy" show from 2-6, i'm not sure how much of frenzy it will be, but i'm sure we'll see a move or two ... :p

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

TeamRenzo wrote:This guy is turning out to be a bigger douchebag than I could have ever predicted!

Personally I wouldn't mind the deal that was offered by Edmonton, I know a lot of people do not like Penner and his contract but I think he would be a good fit in Ottawa. We have never really had an imposing forward such as Penner and we really haven't had someone who could park their but in front of the net on the PP.

Cogliano will be a good player and I believe the Murray drafted Smid. And we will have some $$ to aquire that top six forward that Murray has coveted for so long.

Penner is not imposing. He's just big.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

asq2 wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:This guy is turning out to be a bigger douchebag than I could have ever predicted!

Penner is not imposing. He's just big.

At 6'4 and 245lbs he can be pretty imposing especially on the PP in front of the goalie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum