GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

cheechoo on waivers according to McKenzie (clears waivers)

+24
garblar
Phoenix30
dennycrane
stempniaksen
LeCaptain
AlfieisGod11
TeamRenzo
Riprock
sens4win
SensGirl11
Hoags
rooneypoo
SensHulk
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
asq2
SensFan71
M_Christopher
BigRig
KidKarlsson
Urkie
Hobiesens
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

SensFan71 wrote:wow, okay obviously this is just to clear cap space and send him to the minors? no one is going to take this guy off our hands are they?

We can hope cheechoo on waivers according to McKenzie (clears waivers) - Page 2 159628

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

From a hockey perspective, it makes sense, I guess.

cheechoo on waivers according to McKenzie (clears waivers) - Page 2 385156

BigRig

Rookie
Rookie

SensFan71 wrote:wow, okay obviously this is just to clear cap space and send him to the minors? no one is going to take this guy off our hands are they?

you never know... maybe a Team like "everybody is for sale" Florida could use him?

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Maybe he's claimed on re-entry (assuming he gets sent then recalled )

Rookie
Rookie

Maybe that Hamhuis deal everyone has been mumbling about may come to fruition.

http://www.theempirescoresback.blogspot.com

Garbage. At first, I thought this was a precursor to another move, but then I realized that Cullen's salary is a prorated $2 million higher than Picard's. I wonder if this is our big splash.

TheAvatar wrote:Maybe he's claimed on re-entry (assuming he gets sent then recalled )

if it gets to that point, there is not a team in the nhl that will knowingly pay cheechoo 1.5 million, let alone the three we are paying him now. cheechoo will hopefully go to the minors to clear space. the spot he should have been put the day heatley was traded.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

M_Christopher wrote:

We can hope cheechoo on waivers according to McKenzie (clears waivers) - Page 2 159628

I am praying to the hockey gods right now cheechoo on waivers according to McKenzie (clears waivers) - Page 2 159628

They better find room for Cheechoo on the playoff roster.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:They better find room for Cheechoo on the playoff roster.

Interesting.

A calculated risk to clear cap space and still have Cheechoo available for the playoffs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ahhhhh!

Huge move.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No chance he gets recalled if he clears. He'll be added to the Sens playoff roster for sure. A pretty neat move IMO.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

oh man...sad to see Cheechoo go cheechoo on waivers according to McKenzie (clears waivers) - Page 2 521674

But something had to give, that much was clear.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:Garbage. At first, I thought this was a precursor to another move, but then I realized that Cullen's salary is a prorated $2 million higher than Picard's. I wonder if this is our big splash.

To be clear, we didn't have to make this move (waiving Cheechoo) to be cap compliant. Making a move for another D sometime before Mar. 3 is not out of the question, if you ask me.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:oh man...sad to see Cheechoo go cheechoo on waivers according to McKenzie (clears waivers) - Page 2 521674

But something had to give, that much was clear.

Oh man, he's not going anywhere other than Bingo for a while, then back up here for the playoffs. HappyDance1

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:No chance he gets recalled if he clears. He'll be added to the Sens playoff roster for sure. A pretty neat move IMO.

PIT did this with Satan last year. Didn't work so well. Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:Garbage. At first, I thought this was a precursor to another move, but then I realized that Cullen's salary is a prorated $2 million higher than Picard's. I wonder if this is our big splash.

Cheechoo being waived assumes that there is something more to be done.

Cullen is such a nice addition to this team. Now we need a similar non-flashy D-man. Johnsson, Zidlicky, Shane O'Brien (not in love with him, but he's a big dude), Sutton.

And no more picks! !!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:No chance he gets recalled if he clears. He'll be added to the Sens playoff roster for sure. A pretty neat move IMO.

PIT did this with Satan last year. Didn't work so well. Smile

Why, what happened?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum