GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anaheim and Ottawa interested in Edmonton trade bait

+8
The Silfer Server
PKC
Phoenix30
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
asq2
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

Kovalfie wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:I'll put it this way. I'd rather have Moreau than Cheechoo... But, I'd rather have neither of them than either of them.

But this whole thing is moot. There isn't one good reason for Edmonton to assume Cheechoo's contract unless we spice up the deal, which I am violently opposed to. Unless it's something like Cheechoo and Campoli for Moreau and a decent pick, I want no part of this filth.

The Leafs took on salary to get picks/prospects. I wonder if the Oilers would be willing to do the same. What would we be willing to give up to get Cheechoo off the books? Lee? Campoli?

We're probably better off buying-out Cheechoo in the summer. That being said, if we did trade for Moreau we would keep him around next year. Is it worth spending $1.5 million for nothing on Cheechoo's buy out next year or paying $2 million for Moreau?

Good call... maybe we can give Cheechoo and eiher Lee or Campoli for Pisani or maybe even Comrie( Anaheim and Ottawa interested in Edmonton trade bait - Page 3 159628 ). Both are in their final years. If we get Comrie, we need to convince him we are going to sign him, and then just not. It'll be fun, for old time's sake.

Freeing up that roster spot would be worth it, as we can then give it to Smith next year, when we don't re-sign Donovan.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:How about we ship Spezza to Edmonton for their first? Sarcasm

Talk about laying an N4L carrot out there. Anaheim and Ottawa interested in Edmonton trade bait - Page 3 270956

If that first is the first overall, yes please.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:How about we ship Spezza to Edmonton for their first? Sarcasm

Talk about laying an N4L carrot out there. Anaheim and Ottawa interested in Edmonton trade bait - Page 3 270956

If that first is the first overall, yes please.

Just trying to help him with his will to type despite his flu.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

He must be over the flu by now

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I e-mailed and he didn't respond this time...I hope he's okay....Anaheim and Ottawa interested in Edmonton trade bait - Page 3 805406

Maybe he just hates us all now. Anaheim and Ottawa interested in Edmonton trade bait - Page 3 Icon_sad

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Souray has an NTC and supposedly wants to play in the West (he has family in California or something).

Chances of him coming here are zero, prolly a better chance of Heatley coming back and playing the 2nd unit PP Anaheim and Ottawa interested in Edmonton trade bait - Page 3 270956.

As much as Cheechoo is bad value for the money we can do a lot worse, at least he brings a consistent effort every night and has had quite bad luck with hitting posts and crossbars. He was also SJ's best player in the postseason when most of the stars disappeared.

I think we should keep him, either buy him out in the offseason or roll the dice that he'll train even harder in the offseason and take it to another level next season being a contract year and all. His trade value may be higher and possibly, maybe we can get something for him.

Wishful thinking but I'd try and get Hemsky out of them ... any chance we can get Penner somehow ? Maybe one of their other D-men ? Visnovsky ? Smid ?

And nobody better suggest Horcoff Anaheim and Ottawa interested in Edmonton trade bait - Page 3 270956 (and you thought Cheechoo was overpaid).

Last edited by Hoags on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hoags - You are 100% right on Souray.
100 pc wrong on chooch, there are no more dice to roll on him.
Also the sens will be signing a couple of their ncaa players to bingo in the near future - off topic but good to know

cloverleaf wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:He must be over the flu by now
Must not be drinkin enough oj. He did say that is all it takes to prevent h1n1 or the flu. But to him they are one in the same. Gotta love ignorance

I'm guessing he's still in a state of shock from Shannon's play of late

Or maybe that san jose is great, leclaire is horrible and injury prone andcheechoo is one of the worst sens ever. That is saying a lot too.

Other than that, where is he. He adds so much

Sens are in talks with 2 ncaa players right now for bingo. Will try to get names

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NCAA guys are nice signing, they don't cost assets. Go Murray.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Why not sign every single forward in the NCAA?
THere`s gotta be an Andy Mcdonald in there.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Riley Sheahan is eligible for the 2010 draft and could be a very good pick. http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/riley_sheahan

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Why not sign every single forward in the NCAA?

Anaheim and Ottawa interested in Edmonton trade bait - Page 3 Herz that little monkey.

Also Slimmed Down a Bit Penner, Kunitz. Murray's got it goin' on!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:Why not sign every single forward in the NCAA?
there's no hurt trying to find a jem there eh? murray's got the nack too for that kind of thing ThumbsUp

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum