GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Montreal-Edmonton Trade

+4
jamvan
Jordo
PTFlea
PKC
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Montreal-Edmonton Trade Empty Montreal-Edmonton Trade Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:37 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

There is a rumor floating around that Montreal and Edmonton are looking at a trade involving Higgins and Hemsky. Personally, from my experience with Oilers fans, they wanted no less than a Jason Spezza for Hemsky. So I'm not really sure how this makes sense. Thoughts?

2Montreal-Edmonton Trade Empty Re: Montreal-Edmonton Trade Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:There is a rumor floating around that Montreal and Edmonton are looking at a trade involving Higgins and Hemsky. Personally, from my experience with Oilers fans, they wanted no less than a Jason Spezza for Hemsky. So I'm not really sure how this makes sense. Thoughts?

Hemsky for Higgins? That would be a terrible trade for the Oilers.

3Montreal-Edmonton Trade Empty Re: Montreal-Edmonton Trade Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:41 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Higgins is far, far, far overrated.

Any habs fan would argue with that, and put him on a pedestal with a Fisher or Vermette, but he isn't as talented as either. He's the theatrical equivalent of an understudy of Cheechoo in my opinion, who is also overrated.

On a related note- how bad are the western canadian teams going to be this year? With the exception of maybe Calgary..

4Montreal-Edmonton Trade Empty Re: Montreal-Edmonton Trade Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:44 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I don't think Edmonton is going to be that bad to be honest. Assuming they can stay healthy that is. Vancouver will be even worse than last year. Luongo better be ready to be busy as "F".

5Montreal-Edmonton Trade Empty Re: Montreal-Edmonton Trade Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:Higgins is far, far, far overrated.

Any habs fan would argue with that, and put him on a pedestal with a Fisher or Vermette, but he isn't as talented as either. He's the theatrical equivalent of an understudy of Cheechoo in my opinion, who is also overrated.

On a related note- how bad are the western canadian teams going to be this year? With the exception of maybe Calgary..

Edmonton has a chance to be okay, no? They ended last year on fire and have added Zidlicky (frank, I wanted him) and Cole. Souray should be coming back after basically missing all season - and they finally have a goalie in Garon or whatever his name is Smile.

Vancouver is in deep, deep trouble (again) though.

Calgary's pretty good.

6Montreal-Edmonton Trade Empty Re: Montreal-Edmonton Trade Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:06 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

504Heater wrote:

Edmonton has a chance to be okay, no? They ended last year on fire and have added Zidlicky (frank, I wanted him) and Cole. Souray should be coming back after basically missing all season - and they finally have a goalie in Garon or whatever his name is Smile.

Calgary's pretty good.

You mean Man Crush?

I dont know. I've never been a big fan of his to be honest. I dont think he bring's ALL that much to the table. I like Zidlicky- I had kind of forgotten about those transactions. We'll see I guess. I think a great deal falls on the shoulders of their young guns- guys like Gagner, Cogliano, Pouliot, etc., and they have some question marks in goal as well.

7Montreal-Edmonton Trade Empty Re: Montreal-Edmonton Trade Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Calgary's pretty good.

You mean Man Crush?

I dont know. I've never been a big fan of his to be honest. I dont think he bring's ALL that much to the table. I like Zidlicky- I had kind of forgotten about those transactions. We'll see I guess. I think a great deal falls on the shoulders of their young guns- guys like Gagner, Cogliano, Pouliot, etc., and they have some question marks in goal as well.

:lol: Man Crush = Man Crush?

8Montreal-Edmonton Trade Empty Re: Montreal-Edmonton Trade Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:56 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Who the hell is Man Crush? Did you all come up with code names for certain players and I didn't get the memo?

No trades between these two make any sense.

What about Souray for....

9Montreal-Edmonton Trade Empty Re: Montreal-Edmonton Trade Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:59 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
Jordo wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Calgary's pretty good.

You mean Man Crush?

:lol: Man Crush = Man Crush?

LOL yeah, Clutch arranged that for a certain HB poster who had a SERIOUS man crush for E. C O L E.

10Montreal-Edmonton Trade Empty Re: Montreal-Edmonton Trade Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:02 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Who the hell is Man Crush? Did you all come up with code names for certain players and I didn't get the memo?

No trades between these two make any sense.

What about Souray for....

Sorry dude it's funny this way though. OK it's Eric Cole - If you spell it with a K it comes out as Man Crush (banned word in case SF56 joins)

Corv0! comes up as UH Oh!

Reden spelled properly comes up as Ringo

and my personal fav is Char@ comes up as Chuckles.

11Montreal-Edmonton Trade Empty Re: Montreal-Edmonton Trade Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Gotcha....

Uh OH! Ringo has a Man Crush on Chuckles

12Montreal-Edmonton Trade Empty Re: Montreal-Edmonton Trade Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:17 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

haha thats funny, too bad we didnt have mr. star because im pretty sure he would have done a better job than our Ringo on the blue line last year! lol

13Montreal-Edmonton Trade Empty Re: Montreal-Edmonton Trade Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:21 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Alright now, who is Mr. Star?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum