GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!?

+7
spader
Phoenix30
Sens19
rooneypoo
Tuk Tuk
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Empty Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Comrie is down to Minny or Edmonton, but Tencer (some blogger), thinks it's Edmonton.

http://twitter.com/dantencer

2Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Empty Re: Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:12 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i find it hard to believe that edmonton wants him back or he would want to go there

3Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Empty Re: Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:34 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Comrie's from Edmonton, makes perfect sense.

4Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Empty Re: Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:38 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

some reason i thought when he left(was traded whatever) it wasn't on a good note

5Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Empty Re: Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:39 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Even if it was (I dont recall) its new management by now.

6Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Empty Re: Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:18 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Comrie is down to Minny or Edmonton, but Tencer (some blogger), thinks it's Edmonton.

http://twitter.com/dantencer

Tencer is legit. He used to blog for HB (maybe still does I don't know). But his stuff is usually quality from what I remember reading.

IIRC, Comrie left Edmonton because of contract squabbles. But it's his hometown and I'm sure he'd play there again. Hell, he's probably willing to go anywhere at this point.

7Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Empty Re: Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:40 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

It was a very rancorous affair, his leaving EDM last time around. They still boo him to this day.

8Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Empty Re: Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:41 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:It was a very rancorous affair, his leaving EDM last time around. They still boo him to this day.

Maybe getting booed is better than the KHL?

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

9Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Empty Re: Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:18 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Sens19 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:It was a very rancorous affair, his leaving EDM last time around. They still boo him to this day.

Maybe getting booed is better than the KHL?

Ask Heatley. Sarcasm

10Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Empty Re: Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:02 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

from the people I have talked to here in edmonton its mixed emotion...at this stage edmonton could really use him in the middle 6.

11Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Empty Re: Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:02 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Comrie can mend the fences in a well thought out PC. He just needs to basically say, I was young, I didn't do the right thing, but I'm excited to be back in my hometown, starting on a fresh note.

12Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Empty Re: Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:14 am

SpezDispenser wrote:I think Comrie can mend the fences in a well thought out PC. He just needs to basically say, I was young, I didn't do the right thing, but I'm excited to be back in my hometown, starting on a fresh note.

I really wonder if they've got room for him. They've got ample forwards and guys like Eberle are going to start to push for a spot sooner rather than later.

13Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Empty Re: Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:17 am

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I think Comrie can mend the fences in a well thought out PC. He just needs to basically say, I was young, I didn't do the right thing, but I'm excited to be back in my hometown, starting on a fresh note.

I really wonder if they've got room for him. They've got ample forwards and guys like Eberle are going to start to push for a spot sooner rather than later.

They can add Eberle to their package for Heatley once he gives up and waives Ahhhhh!

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

14Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Empty Re: Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They're still kind of sub par up front, they could use someone
offensive - if Comrie's healed. That's why I think I was really
surprised with the Oilers trade that Heatley vetoed. I thought for
certain they were going to give up one of Souray, Visnovsky, Gilbert or Grebeshkov. I really wanted one of those guys. Preferably Souray or Visnovsky - instant PP killers. I actually thought we'd snag one of them and someone like Cogliano for sure.

That's probably why my first and semi-lasting opinion of that trade was negative.

15Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Empty Re: Comrie to Wild..or Edmonton!!? Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:28 am

SpezDispenser wrote:They're still kind of sub par up front, they could use someone
offensive - if Comrie's healed. That's why I think I was really
surprised with the Oilers trade that Heatley vetoed. I thought for
certain they were going to give up one of Souray, Visnovsky, Gilbert or Grebeshkov. I really wanted one of those guys. Preferably Souray or Visnovsky - instant PP killers. I actually thought we'd snag one of them and someone like Cogliano for sure.

That's probably why my first and semi-lasting opinion of that trade was negative.

My first thought was, yuck. Cogs and spare parts? No thanks. Penner is a big if, and Smid has already bounced around. I don't have too much faith in either guy to be honest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum