GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm ET - Fri. Dec. 18th, 2009

+14
SDH89
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
dennycrane
Sens19
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
asq2
Bramlet07
Devo
wprager
shabbs
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
Gohan wrote:Now is when it doesn't matter...

Game over. Good effort from the team. They lost, but there's a lot to be happy about with the way they played that game. We not only kept up with one of the best teams in the league, but we dominated them for significant periods of time. That was nice to see.

I can't watch, so that's good to hear. I expected them to at least keep pace for a while tonight for sure.

Tomorrow...we need to come out and try again.

They HAVE to come out strong and determined tomorrow night. Tonight's result MAY have been expected by some, but I never would have predicted Kuba would have two or three MASSIVE f**k-ups!! I suppose I should have known better...

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens19 wrote:Game ends 4-2. No worries, we'll win 2moro

Man I'm good. I said it would be 4-2 after the second period ended but perhaps 5-2 if they scored an empty net goal. God I hate New Jersey this season. I just want to fly to Newark and punch them all in the face. Dammit! Facepalm

Sens19

Veteran
Veteran

Gohan wrote:
Sens19 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Also, our PP coach should be shot. Enough is enough.

Ill settle for him being fired lol if our PP still doesnt work then find him and shoot him GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm ET - Fri. Dec. 18th, 2009 - Page 7 159628

He can't make the players shoot the puck or make better decisions.

He's not totally to blame but you have to think he takes some of the blame. I think this game came down to Brodeur really, that 3rd goal blew it but the Sens should have had the lead by then with the way they were playing. At least the shutout record wasnt broken, as much I love Brodeur I hate our team getting shutout.

And if the Sabres were furious this morning, wait till they say the highlights of this game GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm ET - Fri. Dec. 18th, 2009 - Page 7 Icon_tongue

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Sens19 wrote:Game ends 4-2. No worries, we'll win 2moro

Man I'm good. I said it would be 4-2 after the second period ended but perhaps 5-2 if they scored an empty net goal. God I hate New Jersey this season. I just want to fly to Newark and punch them all in the face. Dammit! Facepalm

The you're going to take full responsibility for this loss sir. How hard was it for you to type in a Sens winning prediction GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm ET - Fri. Dec. 18th, 2009 - Page 7 555492 GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm ET - Fri. Dec. 18th, 2009 - Page 7 Icon_razz

dennycrane wrote:The Sens should have won this game. They had several great opportunities in the first half of the game and almost all of them missed the net.

Unforgivable 4th goal.

lol I don't know about unforgivable...its a pattern. Elliott can't be counted on as long as his rebound control is that weak. Thats all I take from that play.

The unforgivable play (which is just another in a long list from him) was Kuba's play on the 3rd goal. That wouldn't fly in the ECHL...absolutely pathetic.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I don't know if it's been posted, but in case any Sens fans need cheering up after tonight:

http://www.whl.ca/

Watch #3 on the plays of the week. And that's him when his injury is hampering his lateral movement.

Cronie wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Game over. Good effort from the team. They lost, but there's a lot to be happy about with the way they played that game. We not only kept up with one of the best teams in the league, but we dominated them for significant periods of time. That was nice to see.

I can't watch, so that's good to hear. I expected them to at least keep pace for a while tonight for sure.

They HAVE to come out strong and determined tomorrow night. Tonight's result MAY have been expected by some, but I never would have predicted Kuba would have two or three MASSIVE f**k-ups!! I suppose I should have known better...

Yes you should have GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm ET - Fri. Dec. 18th, 2009 - Page 7 Icon_razz More importantly, though, is that Bryan Murray should have...back in March when he re-signed him.

Tomorrow's game is anything but a cake-walk, as I'm sure some fans expect it to be. Minnesota is surging and will give the tired Sens all they can handle. I expect another tight, hard fought game.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Gohan wrote:
Cronie wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Yes you should have GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm ET - Fri. Dec. 18th, 2009 - Page 7 Icon_razz More importantly, though, is that Bryan Murray should have...back in March when he re-signed him.

Tomorrow's game is anything but a cake-walk, as I'm sure some fans expect it to be. Minnesota is surging and will give the tired Sens all they can handle. I expect another tight, hard fought game.

Do you think Backstrom will be in net? I know they're getting them spare equipment by 2moro, but isnt it harder for a goalie to change equipment?

Sens19 wrote:
Gohan wrote:
Sens19 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Also, our PP coach should be shot. Enough is enough.

Ill settle for him being fired lol if our PP still doesnt work then find him and shoot him GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm ET - Fri. Dec. 18th, 2009 - Page 7 159628

He can't make the players shoot the puck or make better decisions.

He's not totally to blame but you have to think he takes some of the blame. I think this game came down to Brodeur really, that 3rd goal blew it but the Sens should have had the lead by then with the way they were playing. At least the shutout record wasnt broken, as much I love Brodeur I hate our team getting shutout.

And if the Sabres were furious this morning, wait till they say the highlights of this game GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm ET - Fri. Dec. 18th, 2009 - Page 7 Icon_tongue

Outside of Karlsson and Picard, the Sens have absolutely no shooting threat from the point. That changes the way teams play them, especially on the PP. Take away the down low play and you take away the power in powerplay... Having Kuba back there is also a massive issue. He makes decent plays occassionally, but he isn't a threat to score. He's also pretty weak on the puck and obviously lacks confidence in his decision making.

My point is that there's only so much the coaches can do.

cloverleaf wrote:A win tomorrow is almost a guarantee. There is no way we should lose that game. From stiff gloves to lucky underwear missing, the Wild are in for a tough game.

Don't take them lightly and this may be the perfect opportunity for MIKE Brodeur to make his NHL debut. I think you will see that happen.

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm ET - Fri. Dec. 18th, 2009 - Page 7 85287 GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm ET - Fri. Dec. 18th, 2009 - Page 7 159628

Sens19 wrote:
Do you think Backstrom will be in net? I know they're getting them spare equipment by 2moro, but isnt it harder for a goalie to change equipment?

Equipment or not, the Sens have seen a lot of backup goaltenders this season...I don't follow MIN close enough to know how many games straight Backstrom has been in...I'd guess we'll see him, but I don't know.

The equipment angle is interesting though...I'm really not sure. Any goalies here? How would it affect you?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's getting a little silly that our PP is costing us precious points though. Enough is enough, it's time to evaluate what we have back there - and up front as well.

These are games where the balance is tipped by the team with the better PP. I for one have had enough of Kuba being amazing, then sucking for the next 6 games, then having one or two great games, then back to sucking. It's really starting to frustrate me.

Maybe I'm looking forward to clearing the decks of Kuba and Campoli so we can bring in Cowen and a REAL top D-man. I wouldn't wait any longer to try to acquire that D-man, I would start laying the groundwork now and I would try to follow through on it this summer.

The issues are obvious, no real D-man on the back end that scares the opposition - especially on a PP and no guy who can calm the game down when we start to panic.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Gohan wrote:
Sens19 wrote:

Equipment or not, the Sens have seen a lot of backup goaltenders this season...I don't follow MIN close enough to know how many games straight Backstrom has been in...I'd guess we'll see him, but I don't know.

The equipment angle is interesting though...I'm really not sure. Any goalies here? How would it affect you?

Well if there new it's hard cause there not broken in.... Your accostumed to your pads and the new ones feel weird and are different... It definetly affects you and takes time to get used to them...

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Gohan wrote:
Sens19 wrote:

Ya its not an excuse for sure but I was just wondering how the equipment incident will affect their play. Like you I dont know much about Minny but I've heard they've been hot lately

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

caissie_1 wrote:
Gohan wrote:
Sens19 wrote:

Well if there new it's hard cause there not broken in.... Your accostumed to your pads and the new ones feel weird and are different... It definetly affects you and takes time to get used to them...

They're going to go back to Minny and get more equipment so it won't be new just not the stuff they brought with them.

- Unknown Author

caissie_1 wrote:
Gohan wrote:
Sens19 wrote:

Yeah but as Dawh said, they've always got a few sets of pads. I'm not sure they'd have to use anything completely new.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens19 wrote:
Michallica wrote:well, what a Dung way to lose. I hate new jersey

I dont. Its always fun to watch Brodeur play.

PP Sens

Can't stand him as a human being. When you have an affair with your wife's sister you break up two families.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Well, looks like I missed another snooze fest GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm ET - Fri. Dec. 18th, 2009 - Page 7 54934 .

Sounds like they competed hard. No issue for me then.

Tomorrow should be a winnable game. I've watched a few (2 GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm ET - Fri. Dec. 18th, 2009 - Page 7 159628 ) games from Minnie lately. Nothing to be scared about there, we can take a win, just don't let Johnsson and Zidlicky shoot on net, their forwards are good on rebounds.
We give 100% every night, so there won't be any 4-5 games losing streaks, which means this team is probably a playoff team .

Now, Murray has to find a defenseman who can shoot the puck badly, but trade deadline would not be too late.
I think we can beat NJ in a playoffs series though, because we play hard every night, but that 7th or 8th spot, we have to avoid. 6th is perfect, I am not afraid of Buffalo or Boston.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum