GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trades in the East 2009-10: Who Pulls the Trigger Next?

+8
wprager
PKC
Riprock
beedub
LeCaptain
PTFlea
asq2
davetherave
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:Pothier was a guy who I thought was effective as a 5-6 defenceman for us, and who seems to have recovered nicely from his injuries.

In a jam, I'd be alright with re-signing him (for a reduced price), but it's definitely not the top-4 defenceman we need.

Same problem with Pothier as Foster in reality. We have a nice 5, 6 combo, can he play top 4? Probably not.

@Spez> if you're looking at a 'tweak' specifically for the Senators, when looking at this list, you're probably not looking for a Top 4 guy...rather someone to stabilize the 5/6 pairing or add something to special teams and who doesn't tie you up long term.

You're right. There's a regret there that we didn't get Foster in the off-season, but you're right, this isn't the kind of tweak we need.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

davetherave wrote:For your in-season shopping lists, notable ‘tweaks’ and some high ticket items among pending Western Conference UFAs :

ANA: Scott Niedermayer. Selanne, Koivu, Artyukhin, Boynton, Brookbank, Hiller

CGY: Jokinen, Rene Bourque, Conroy, Eric Nystrom, Aaron Johnson

CHI: Madden, Burish

CLB: Modin, Torres

COL: Tucker, Svatos, Koci, Brett Clark, Salei

DAL: Modano, Lehtinen, Ott, Barch, Turco, Auld

DET: Holmstrom, Draper, Bertuzzi, Jason Williams, Maltby, Brad May, Lebda

EDM: Pisani, Comrie, Strudwick

LAK: Frolov, Ivanans, Sean O’Donnell, Randy Jones

MIN: Owen Nolan, Eric Belanger, Sykora, Boogaard, Kim Johnsson, Zidlicky, Hnidy

NAS: Tootoo, Hamhuis, Bouillon, Dan Ellis, Rinne

PHX : Lombardi, Lang, Taylor Pyatt, Aucoin, Zbynek Michalek

SJS: Marleau, McGinn, Scott Nichol, Shelley, Malhotra, Ortmeyer, Nabokov

STL: Kariya, Tkachuk, Brad Winchester, Colaiacovo, Sydor, Chris Mason

VAN: Demitra, Wellwood, Ryan Johnson, Willie Mitchell, Mathieu Schneider, Raycroft

Complete list of pending UFAs, and cap numbers for all these players, here: [url=http://nhlnumbers.com/freeagents.php?team=none&pos=none&summer=2010&status=ufa&type=capnumber
http://nhlnumbers.com/freeagents.php?team=none&pos=none&summer=2010&status=ufa&type=capnumber[/quote[/url]]

I'll take a few of these guys for sure.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Do we sign Comrie again?? !!! !@!? Trades in the East 2009-10: Who Pulls the Trigger Next? - Page 4 235689

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

As for who is going to pull the trigger first I will guess it will be us, moving Lee for something.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

OMG Zbynek Michalek....can anyone imagine....can you? The Brothers Michalek - and it's no BS, he's diddling amazing.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:OMG Zbynek Michalek....can anyone imagine....can you? The Brothers Michalek - and it's no BS, he's diddling amazing.

I know! We should really try to get him. Now would be good. Trades in the East 2009-10: Who Pulls the Trigger Next? - Page 4 85287

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:As for who is going to pull the trigger first I will guess it will be us, moving Lee for something.

Before Carolina? I think that's a tough call. No to mention Anaheim has all these vets and needs a completely new defense. Who would have thought trading Pronger would make such a massive hole on the back end? Sarcasm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:As for who is going to pull the trigger first I will guess it will be us, moving Lee for something.

Before Carolina? I think that's a tough call. No to mention Anaheim has all these vets and needs a completely new defense. Who would have thought trading Pronger would make such a massive hole on the back end? Trades in the East 2009-10: Who Pulls the Trigger Next? - Page 4 159628

Trades in the East 2009-10: Who Pulls the Trigger Next? - Page 4 489887 Trades in the East 2009-10: Who Pulls the Trigger Next? - Page 4 260269

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:OMG Zbynek Michalek....can anyone imagine....can you? The Brothers Michalek - and it's no BS, he's diddling amazing.

I know! We should really try to get him. Now would be good. Trades in the East 2009-10: Who Pulls the Trigger Next? - Page 4 85287

No...now's no good. We have to wait until he hits the UFA market. It would take Volchenkov + to get him. Besides, Phoenix has some $$ to spend, they might try very hard to re-sign him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Murray likes to trade for the playoff push long before the deadline. I think he already sees that this isn't the team that will make a dent in the playoffs. I expect a move.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

No...now's no good. We have to wait until he hits the UFA market. It would take Volchenkov + to get him. Besides, Phoenix has some $$ to spend, they might try very hard to re-sign him.

Good point actually. Wasn't really thinking of that.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I don't know if I'd say we won't make a dent in the playoffs. We've battled hard this year and proven to be quite resilient. I think we can be pretty tough to play against, especially if Leclaire comes back stronger than ever and keeps playing like he was before he got knocked-out.

Of course, I'm not saying I wouldn't want to add someone to the team, but I'm ok with what we have. With Volchenkov coming back soon, we're much stronger.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle...now I want Z.Michalek. Crying

SpezDispenser wrote:Diddle...now I want Z.Michalek. Trades in the East 2009-10: Who Pulls the Trigger Next? - Page 4 521674

Oh yeah, he's a total beast. Last year he led the league in blocks, by a fairly large margin if memory serves. Underrated offensive capabilities too.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Diddle...now I want Z.Michalek. Trades in the East 2009-10: Who Pulls the Trigger Next? - Page 4 521674

He is the zbee's knees. I think Phoenix will do everything in their power to re-sign him, though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

He is the zbee's knees. I think Phoenix will do everything in their power to re-sign him, though.

Laugh1

Yeah, they'll be able to re-sign him I think.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

anybody knows this site?

http://sensay.wordpress.com/2009/11/30/sometimes-a-dream-is-just-a-dream/#comments

marakh wrote:anybody knows this site?

[url=http://sensay.wordpress.com/2009/11/30/sometimes-a-dream-is-just-a-dream/#comments
http://sensay.wordpress.com/2009/11/30/sometimes-a-dream-is-just-a-dream/#comments[/quote[/url]]

A T6F for Lee? It's got to be something else going with Lee.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum