GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trades in the East 2009-10: Who Pulls the Trigger Next?

+8
wprager
PKC
Riprock
beedub
LeCaptain
PTFlea
asq2
davetherave
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

As the 2009-10 season rolls into December, and we are just about a third of the way through the current NHL campaign, the trade speculation increases.

While HNIC/ESPN correspondent Pierre Lebrun reports GMs in the Western Conference are telling him 'things are dead' from a trade viewpoint, the picture in the East may be very different.

Toronto and Carolina are languishing near the bottom giving rise to rumours of all kinds...but with just four points separating teams from 5th to 12th place, and the playoff race already looking like an ongoing dogfight, some clubs will be looking for an edge.

Looking down the rosters, there are also impending UFAs who might be dealt sooner than the March deadline.

NHLNumbers.com has the player lists and cap space at a glance:

http://nhlnumbers.com/compare.php?season=0910&type=capspace&order=DESC

As our Members know, CapGeek.com also provides the Daily Tracker, giving you up to date estimates on how much salary teams can take on; while letting you plug in to each roster, players you think might move and who might come on board.

http://www.capgeek.com/tracker/

Fun stuff.

A snapshot of the Eastern Conference shows the Thrashers and Islanders have the most cap flexibility, and both Don Waddell and Garth Snow have been given the OK to make the moves they need to make. The Panthers, under new ownership, are eager to show their fans they are serious about making the team a contender.

As for the other teams, a 'tweak'--in the words of Bryan Murray--may be on the agenda.

But what might those tweaks be?

Bob Gainey just sent Latendresse to Minnesota for Pouliot in the first 'tweak'...who pulls the trigger next?

GM Hockey Members who make this forum THE PLACE for the most intelligent hockey discussions on the web, have their ideas...

So let's hear 'em...who will make moves, and what are your predictions on acquisitions?

Let the games begin!
Trades in the East 2009-10: Who Pulls the Trigger Next? 754246

I think Sopel is a no brainer.

Cogliano for some help in Edmonton.

Whitney in Carolina will probably get dealt to a team like Detroit.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Atlanta's GM Don Waddell and assistant GM (no idea) have apparently been scouting Nashville recently.

Hmmm....

You'd think Nashville would be wary of making any moves involving the Thrashers. I wonder if they regret waiving Peverley. Trades in the East 2009-10: Who Pulls the Trigger Next? 159628

My buddy actually played with Peverly at St. Lawrence, apparently the guy is just an insane player and what he is doing in Atlanta is not shocking to him at all.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Whitney to the Sens for Lee, Shannon and a 3rd. That's my guess. Smile

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Whitney to the Sens for Lee, Shannon and a 3rd. That's my guess. Smile

More like Lee, Foligno and 1st.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Whitney to the Sens for Lee, Shannon and a 3rd. That's my guess. Trades in the East 2009-10: Who Pulls the Trigger Next? 54934

I'll moderate a little. Likely would Lee, Shannon and a 1st

Something like that. Whitney is a very consistant forward but there is no way I would give that up for him. A team like Edmonton might try and swing a deal for him or perhaps Pitts.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Whitney to the Sens for Lee, Shannon and a 3rd. That's my guess. Smile

Oh, I don't know about that. That's a lot for a 37 year old winger - good as he is - and I think Rutherford might want Lee as a possible young part of the future.

This is why I think it's possible:

Also, Murray and Rutherford are quite close, I would assume that they've probably had a couple of chats, the groundwork might be there. Maybe the pick's a 2nd, but that's all I would give personally. If I was Rutherford I'd try for Campoli, Lee and Shannon - forget the pick - and see if I can get some speed on the backend and one line two or three with Shannon.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That also lets you clear salary if things don't work. ^

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Whitney is 37? Damn I was thinking in the 34 range Trades in the East 2009-10: Who Pulls the Trigger Next? 979131

Either way they are not going to trade a really solid forward for trash.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Whatever, we need a defenseman, not whitney.

Naw, a team that is looking for a short term fix or competing for a cup needs Whitney... Ottawa is about the last place I would expect Whitney to land.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fair enough, he's probably worth a 1st - which we'd be stupid to give.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum