GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8

+5
Riprock
shabbs
sens4win
rooneypoo
PTFlea
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Empty Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Saw this topic being brought up and think it's interesting.

Mine would be:

1.Thomas
2.Fleury
3.Lundqvist

4.Brodeur
5.Anderson
6.Bryzgalov
7.Neuvrith/Holtby*
8.Theodore

* If Vokoun comes back, I'd put him and Anderson pretty close, maybe Vokoun slots in ahead of Anderson

EDIT: Changes Lundqvist to 3 and put Fleury to 2 based on his stellar career record + Cup win.

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Empty Re: Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:41 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Saw this topic being brought up and think it's interesting.

Mine would be:

1.Thomas
2.Lundqvist
3.Fleury
4.Brodeur
5.Anderson
6.Bryzgalov
7.Neuvrith/Holtby*
8.Theodore

* If Vokoun comes back, I'd put him and Anderson pretty close, maybe Vokoun slots in ahead of Anderson

Thomas
Fleury (can't deny the record of winning)
Lundqvist
Anderson
Bryzgalov
Brodeur ()
Theodore
Holtby

If Vokoun, then he comes in at 7, above Theodore; maybe even 6, above Brodeur, who I'm not sold on as a great NHL goalie any more at this point in his career.

3Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Empty Re: Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:43 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

1.Lundqvist
2.Thomas
3.Fleury
4.Brodeur
5.Bryzgalov
6.Anderson
7.Theodore
8.Neuvirth/Holtby

4Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Empty Re: Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:40 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Is Neuvirth even going to be ready?

5Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Empty Re: Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:50 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I can't even comment on this really. Goaltending is subject to change at any moment. All it takes is one great stretch run or one poor one to make or break.

There's one theory that goalies are only as good as the team infront of them.

As far as the Sens-Rangers series, I like the Sens defence much better than the Rangers.

6Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Empty Re: Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:44 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Lundqvist is 9th out of all goalies in the East in GAA with 1.97 and 7th with a .940 SV%.

Anderson is 11th with a 2.24 GAA and is 12th with a .922 SV%.

Fleury and Bryzgalov are near the bottom in both stats.

7Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Empty Re: Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:47 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:I can't even comment on this really. Goaltending is subject to change at any moment. All it takes is one great stretch run or one poor one to make or break.

There's one theory that goalies are only as good as the team infront of them.

As far as the Sens-Rangers series, I like the Sens defence much better than the Rangers.

Very true in Marty Fraudeur's case. Beer

8Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Empty Re: Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:52 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bryzgalov and Fleury are clearly the best. Sarcasm

9Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Empty Re: Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:18 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh. This thread is hilarious now...

10Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Empty Re: Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:34 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

People who thought Bryzgalov was anything but an overrated goaltender that played in a defense first system(s) were totally out to lunch to begin with. He's always been average and will always be average. Wish I made a bet with some people about this one.

11Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Empty Re: Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:People who thought Bryzgalov was anything but an overrated goaltender that played in a defense first system(s) were totally out to lunch to begin with. He's always been average and will always be average. Wish I made a bet with some people about this one.

Ahhhhh!

12Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Empty Re: Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:46 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:People who thought Bryzgalov was anything but an overrated goaltender that played in a defense first system(s) were totally out to lunch to begin with. He's always been average and will always be average. Wish I made a bet with some people about this one.

Ahhhhh!

13Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Empty Re: Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:45 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mike Smith, best goalie going right now.

Dash's comment really hits the mark in hindsight: "I can't even comment on this really. Goaltending is subject to change at any moment. All it takes is one great stretch run or one poor one to make or break."

After all that ranting and raving about Edmonton, I guess he was due. Laugh1

14Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Empty Re: Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:39 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

People are saying Edmonton lacks a legit goaltender and defence, but we have seen inexperienced goalies perform magic, and we have seen al-star goalies play like crap. The name Devan Dubnyk might not mean much to people or ring with all-star and franchise endorsing labels, but he wasn't that bad, if you look at his numbers.

And the young guys they have, combined with the veteran defenceman, will over time allow the young ones to become reliable players. Taylor Chorney is turning a lot of heads as a steady shutdown defnceman.

15Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Empty Re: Rank the East Goaltenders 1-8 Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:59 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

If I had to win one game: Brodeur
If I had to win one series: Thomas
If I had to start a franchise: Lundqvist

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum