GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot

+13
davetherave
Jordo
sidstu
ddt
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
PKC
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
asq2
shabbs
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 4 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:47 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Sidstu--your Habs just beat the Caps and the Jackets, and came damn close to beating the Wings...try to enjoy it, eh.

Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 4 270956

Latendresse has never measured up to the expectations in Montreal...who knows why.

So he gets a new start in Minnesota.

Same for Pouliot.

This kind of trade to 're-launch' players who have disappointed has been happening for years.

47Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 4 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:12 am

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

I've always liked Benoit Pouliot. He has underrated offensive ability, or maybe I should say offensive ability that has yet to be seen at the NHL level. His major problem is that he isn't very good at defense, and playing on the Wild of yesteryear, if you could not play defense, you would not be given much of a shot.

I think if he is given a chance to play on the 2nd line in Montreal, he could really excel.

48Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 4 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:08 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Guest wrote:Latendresse is going to be solid for The Wild. Being out of that french spotlight and being able to find a true role and not expected to be a french hero like he was when he was 19, this will only be good for him.

Poulet is already a flop, wont change in Montreal. The guy doesnt have that drive to succeed, MTL will eat him alive.

BUMP!

Someone nailed this one.

49Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 4 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:22 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Latendresse has played 27 games in the last 2 seasons while Pouliot put up 30+ points a season, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

50Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 4 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:28 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The potential output of Latendresse is pretty solid, if he can stay healthy. On a low value one year contract, this was a risk worth taking.

51Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 4 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

stempniaksen wrote:Latendresse has played 27 games in the last 2 seasons while Pouliot put up 30+ points a season, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Are you saying he wasn't "solid" in those 27 games?

By the way, one of those 30+ seasons was for Boston. He only lasted one full season in Montreal. Didn't exactly hit it out of the park, either. I wonder how many games he would have played if he was an anglo.

52Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 4 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:22 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

No idea how Montreal benefited from that deal at all.

53Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 4 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:29 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:No idea how Montreal benefited from that deal at all.

They didn't, but half a season of good play from Latty doesn't mean that MIN did either.

54Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 4 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:44 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

stempniaksen wrote:

They didn't, but half a season of good play from Latty doesn't mean that MIN did either.

They got the most value out of that trade for sure. I don't see how anyone can look at that trade and not say "yah, Minny got the best of it".

55Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 4 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:58 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

They got the most value out of that trade for sure. I don't see how anyone can look at that trade and not say "yah, Minny got the best of it".

More of a lose/lose to be honest. Minny isn't the deepest of teams, so having a guy severly limited by injuries probably hurt them more than it would a team like Detroit or even Ottawa for that matter. It's why Latty makes sense here.

56Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 4 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:09 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Latendresse scored as many goals as Pouliot played games for the Habs (not really). Minny won that trade by a mile if you are looking at who produced and who didn't.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum