GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot

+13
davetherave
Jordo
sidstu
ddt
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
PKC
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
asq2
shabbs
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:42 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:16, 16, and 14 goals for Latendresse. Nothing wrong with that at the age of 22 - especially being on the 3rd or 4th lines at times. I don't mind this for either team - but I especially like it for the Wild.

Not sure...if the Habs may have sold real low on this one.

Dont like this deal for The Habs at all. Poulet is nothing special... we say Lee is a first round flop... he's got nothing on that goof.

Was that intentional? Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 270956

The tender chicken trade Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 159628

32Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:43 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 270956

33Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:47 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:http://www.rds.ca/

His head was already somewhere else?

What do you mean? Like...up your arse? Come on man, that's a little weak.

Heard him on TV, basically said that he didn't get the chances he deserved to play with better players...
Meeh

34Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:

Heard him on TV, basically said that he didn't get the chances he deserved to play with better players...
Meeh

Where will he do that? Sarcasm

35Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:15 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Maybe he'll be Tyler Seguin's winger next season. Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 159628

36Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:05 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:

Meeh
ah come on! he's been getting chances for the past 4 years. and to be honest you have to create your own chances also, you can't just feed off of the other players like you have in the past. maybe that's what MTL realized and said the hell with him. they brought up S kostitsyn and he might have a worse attitude but at least he has skill.
the way i see it mtl won this trade. they couldn't send tenderone to the ahl without loosing him so they traded him for someone already down there. the wild just got the bill.

37Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:09 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Latendresse was named Smith he would not have survived the Summer purge. He was given plenty of chances to succeed. In a way, like Vermette was here, except that Vermette was a top-tier penalty killer and face off man.

38Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:32 am

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

N4L wrote:Poulet is already a flop, wont change in Montreal. The guy doesnt have that drive to succeed, MTL will eat him alive.

Laughing3 Are you calling him chicken? Laugh1

39Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:52 am

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

N4L--wow, I agree with you

don't worry, next week or month it will be another player blamed b/c its never gainey's fault--i wish i had his job--i can make mistakes all the time and never get blamed for them--he gets a pass in montreal and all us hab fans have to pay for it--this is complete bs in montreal right now

40Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:58 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sidstu wrote:N4L--wow, I agree with you

don't worry, next week or month it will be another player blamed b/c its never gainey's fault--i wish i had his job--i can make mistakes all the time and never get blamed for them--he gets a pass in montreal and all us hab fans have to pay for it--this is complete bs in montreal right now

Maudite face de ch'val!!!!

41Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:00 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Let's face it. The Habs can make all the horizontal moves they like, they aren't going anywhere with their current management structure... Gainey doesn't seem to have any kind of direction or knowledge into what you need in today's NHL, and Jacques Martin has got to be the worst coach in the league. The year he won the Jack Adams was all about the Sens having a phenominal team- they could have coached themselves.

The two of those guys are just idiots, and in my opinion until that is addressed, they aren't going to be a playoff team.

42Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:19 am

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

Jordo--i/m a hard core habs fan and I completely agree with you--horizontal moves--thats all he is doing--1 minutes gainey wants speed, another minute he wants size, another minute he says we need to draft and not go by the free agent direction, another minute he says we need to sign some high profile free agents--he is all over the map but the bottom line its never his fault--like i said this is bs

43Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:04 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I think they are a playoff team to be honest. Markov is a top 5 defenseman in the leage IMO, and when he comes back a lot of things will improve.

44Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:17 pm

Pouliot has way more offensive potential than Latendresse, but I don't see the need for another player like Pouliot on the Habs. I would think that the combination on grit and decent offense is a better fit for the Habs at this moment. Not sure what Gainey is doing?

I agree that this is a sideways move that wont work out for either team.

45Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:05 am

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

farhand--agree completely

it will be close for them to make the playoffs but they are no threat to the cup

46Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:47 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Sidstu--your Habs just beat the Caps and the Jackets, and came damn close to beating the Wings...try to enjoy it, eh.

Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 270956

Latendresse has never measured up to the expectations in Montreal...who knows why.

So he gets a new start in Minnesota.

Same for Pouliot.

This kind of trade to 're-launch' players who have disappointed has been happening for years.

47Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:12 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I've always liked Benoit Pouliot. He has underrated offensive ability, or maybe I should say offensive ability that has yet to be seen at the NHL level. His major problem is that he isn't very good at defense, and playing on the Wild of yesteryear, if you could not play defense, you would not be given much of a shot.

I think if he is given a chance to play on the 2nd line in Montreal, he could really excel.

48Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 3 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:08 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Guest wrote:Latendresse is going to be solid for The Wild. Being out of that french spotlight and being able to find a true role and not expected to be a french hero like he was when he was 19, this will only be good for him.

Poulet is already a flop, wont change in Montreal. The guy doesnt have that drive to succeed, MTL will eat him alive.

BUMP!

Someone nailed this one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum