GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot

+13
davetherave
Jordo
sidstu
ddt
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
PKC
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
asq2
shabbs
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Latendresse was horribly mishandled by Montreal. Good for him. For Montreal, this will surely have the following effect:

Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 65556

17Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:36 pm

Latendresse is going to be solid for The Wild. Being out of that french spotlight and being able to find a true role and not expected to be a french hero like he was when he was 19, this will only be good for him.

Poulet is already a flop, wont change in Montreal. The guy doesnt have that drive to succeed, MTL will eat him alive.

18Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:38 pm

PKC wrote:Yawn. This will have no impact on either team.

Ummm, I like this deal for the wild. Him and Clutterbuck are going to be really tough to play against as a 3rd line in The West. Minn is really trying to find an identity and I like it's a solid pickup for them.

19Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

16, 16, and 14 goals for Latendresse. Nothing wrong with that at the age of 22 - especially being on the 3rd or 4th lines at times. I don't mind this for either team - but I especially like it for the Wild.

Not sure...if the Habs may have sold real low on this one.

20Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:40 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:I think so too... Latendresse is younger, but with more NHL experience.

Dustin Penner all over again? I think he could turn the ship around, but...who knows, maybe people are right and this is where both player's careers go to die.
the tenderone has had more then a few chances to turn his career around playing on the second line under different coaches... the fish never bites, only the man...

for montreal's sake. good ridance

He isnt a top 6 forward though... at least night right now and not being forced to do so in Montreal. Minn is a fresh start with very little pressure compared to where he was.

21Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:41 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:16, 16, and 14 goals for Latendresse. Nothing wrong with that at the age of 22 - especially being on the 3rd or 4th lines at times. I don't mind this for either team - but I especially like it for the Wild.

Dont like this deal for The Habs at all. Poulet is nothing special... we say Lee is a first round flop... he's got nothing on that goof.

22Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
Dont like this deal for The Habs at all. Poulet is nothing special... we say Lee is a first round flop... he's got nothing on that goof.

I'm just realizing that I may never have seen Poulot play. Never. Laugh1 He must be something special alright.

23Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:53 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:16, 16, and 14 goals for Latendresse. Nothing wrong with that at the age of 22 - especially being on the 3rd or 4th lines at times. I don't mind this for either team - but I especially like it for the Wild.

seriously, i've watched many games with tenderone in them. the goals he got were thanks to the guys he played with. put him on the 4rth or 3rd... i don't think so. see he's go the size to be a big guy out there and hit and forcheck or even fight but none of that are in his nature... he's not the tender one for nothing. he's not even a good skater. so really all there was left for him to do was score goals. and the ones he has had is when they've experimented with him on the 1st and 2nd line. and most of those goals were ugly ones.

if they can't get him to play on the 2nd line it will be a flop for him there too...
i'll agree he's got a better chance there since the pressure in MTL is terrible for any french-canadian.

24Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:54 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:I think so too... Latendresse is younger, but with more NHL experience.

Dustin Penner all over again? I think he could turn the ship around, but...who knows, maybe people are right and this is where both player's careers go to die.
the tenderone has had more then a few chances to turn his career around playing on the second line under different coaches... the fish never bites, only the man...

for montreal's sake. good ridance

He isnt a top 6 forward though... at least night right now and not being forced to do so in Montreal. Minn is a fresh start with very little pressure compared to where he was.
he was on the 4rth line in mtl recently and they hated his play there too...

25Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:54 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

bob mckenzie summed it up pretty nicely on Of the record it is a problem for a problem trade

26Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:18 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:bob mckenzie summed it up pretty nicely on Of the record it is a problem for a problem trade
HA HA! True I guess.

27Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:26 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Pouliot was an incredible junior player, but that's beside the point now.

Tenderness was mostly pretty poor, apart from his first pre-season.

Nothing much to this trade.

28Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:32 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:

Was that intentional? Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 270956

29Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:49 pm

I would like to say yes...

30Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.rds.ca/

His head was already somewhere else?

What do you mean? Like...up your arse? Come on man, that's a little weak.

31Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:42 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
N4L wrote:

Was that intentional? Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 270956

The tender chicken trade Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 159628

32Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:43 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 270956

33Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot - Page 2 Empty Re: Latendresse traded to Wild for Pouliot Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:47 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:http://www.rds.ca/

His head was already somewhere else?

What do you mean? Like...up your arse? Come on man, that's a little weak.

Heard him on TV, basically said that he didn't get the chances he deserved to play with better players...
Meeh

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum